PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here near the Purcellville Summer Thunder Cruise in?

Breadfan
07-29-2006, 07:36 PM
On my way leaving the Purcellville cruise in with the NVMC guys I passed a black MM on rte 7 with it's foglights on. It was around 8pm I'd say.

I must admit, sadly, that when you crested the hill I was actually for a split second going "woah what is that" until realized I was staring at another Marauder. :)

You probably saw me too, same color, foglights on - I flashed my brights in the std. "Hello" fashion.

Didn't notice any other MM's at that show though, most likely most everyone was in Baltimore. :)

Mebot
07-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Yeah that was me. I actually had the same reaction when I came over the hill, i wasn't expecting to see another Marauder, not on the old Rt 7.

I didn't get a chance to flash my lights but I waved, don't know if you saw that. I was on my way back home (in Purcellville) from Leesburg and I missed the Cruise-in. How was it?

Breadfan
07-31-2006, 07:48 PM
Cool! Yeah, I was surprised when you crested the hill.

The show was pretty good, it was a bit hot out for most of the day, but cooled off a bit towards the end. Plenty of cars there, lots of people.

Mebot
08-02-2006, 09:17 AM
Great! Yeah I'm upset I missed that show because I live in P'ville and Franklin Farm is only a mile from my house.

I really haven't seen another Marauder on the road driving towards me, but DAMN they look awesome! Let me know if you're ever in the Leesburg/Purcellville area that's where I live.

I work in Herndon as well, if there's ever a meet-up after work. Speaking of which, do any of the NoVA CAMmers go to the Chik-fil-A near Dulles Town Center on Friday nights? i used to take my Cougar there and it was a good turnout of classic and muscle cars. If anyone from here shows up, let me know. I'll join you.

Breadfan
08-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Word on the street is that there may be a new cruise night in Kingstowne / Springfield / Alexandria area soon, probably also on Friday nights.

Not to compete with other places, but Sterling is a bit of a hike from this end of town on a Friday afternoon-rush-hour. :)

The details are in process...more soon.

;)

Bluerauder
08-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Word on the street is that there may be a new cruise night in Kingstowne / Springfield / Alexandria area soon, probably also on Friday nights.

Not to compete with other places, but Sterling is a bit of a hike from this end of town on a Friday afternoon-rush-hour. :)

The details are in process...more soon.

;)
My contacts tell me that something might be in the works with PW Cruisers for the area near the Silver Diner at Springfield Mall. This might be a supplement to the weekly Friday night cruise-in at BJ's down in Prince William. Seems some of the more northerly folks are having trouble making the trip down I-95 on Friday nights to get to BJs and PWC. :rolleyes: This is news to folks in this area ?????? --- I've been making that trip daily since 1989. :( It was bad then and hasn't improved with age.

Mebot
08-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Yeah it seems going ANYWHERE on a friday-night is a hassle. But i don't think it matters if you do it every once in a while...