PDA

View Full Version : Soft or mushy brake pedal normal?

jefferson-mo
08-02-2006, 05:52 PM
03 300B MArauder.............I sold mine years ago but I seem to remember the pedal is not the firmest I've felt.

Drove a customer's car home(cause I had one before).......he's complaining about a soft pedal

actually seems like it's over-boosted

was there a fix for it? or do you just get used to it?

I think maybe this guy's a recent owner and it's "not like his other car"

Glenn
08-02-2006, 06:03 PM
You just press harder on the brake pedal. I just had my front rotors replaced, rear rotor turned down, and all D/B replaced. MM has SS lines. It stops fine, you just have to push the pedal down harder. It is a performance car.

Glenn

Hotrauder
08-03-2006, 05:11 AM
I have had a soft or mushy brake pedal and less than OEM braking performance since having the EBC brakes and pads with the SS lines installed. Been bled 3 times without improvement or finding air. Using high performance DOT 3/4 fluid. My guess is that the pads still have not seated properly? A guess. Don't know at this point but so far I am not impressed. This may turn out to be the one mod I regret. Dennis:(

Bradley G
08-03-2006, 05:28 AM
Go Bed those new brakes, Dennis!
For how much Ging-a-ling that kit cost, It should feel like a boat anchor.

I have had a soft or mushy brake pedal and less than OEM braking performance since having the EBC brakes and pads with the SS lines installed. Been bled 3 times without improvement or finding air. Using high performance DOT 3/4 fluid. My guess is that the pads still have not seated properly? A guess. Don't know at this point but so far I am not impressed. This may turn out to be the one mod I regret. Dennis:(

RoyLPita
08-03-2006, 05:36 AM
My MMs last owner lived on the brake pedal for 7500 miles. After changing all of the pads, rear rotors, and flushed the fluid, my pedal feel is as good as new.

ckadiddle
08-03-2006, 06:51 AM
2003 Marauder has always had squishy pedal feel compared to Crown vics I owned before it that did not even have four wheel disc. Just had all pads and rear rotors replaced. New rotors are stock type, pads were upgraded to Hawk pads. Noticeable improvement in stopping power, expecially if you have to make a quick or hard stop from speed. Somewhat less pedal travel and less squishy, but not an extreme difference. Definitely a better feel than the stock brakes had though.

jefferson-mo
08-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Yeah the brakes work fine............stops good............it's just that 1-2" of mush at the beginning of pedal travel that we're talking about.........

like I said, it feels like the booster is too much.........