PDA

View Full Version : if your looking for rotors

superford3
08-02-2006, 07:37 PM
just thought id post i bought crossdrilled slotted rotors on ebay from a place called irotors.com, i got all 4 for 150 plus shipping and they fit and look sweet, by the way they are zinc coated also so they will look good for a long time

Directedby
08-02-2006, 07:46 PM
just thought id post i bought crossdrilled slotted rotors on ebay from a place called irotors.com, i got all 4 for 150 plus shipping and they fit and look sweet, by the way they are zinc coated also so they will look good for a long time

I bought these rotors a year ago from irotors.com.

They have been OK, not great. They squeaked from the first day ( I got Hawk pads).

Also Zinc coat came off in a couple of weeks and rotors also rusted after that.

I just had new pads put on and the brake shop said I needed new rotors - good thing they were cheap.

However, my brakes do work better than stock.

Good luck with them....

ROB502
08-02-2006, 08:19 PM
Watch for stress cracking in between the holes. Sometimes you get what you pay for.:o Talking from experience...

magindat
08-03-2006, 05:08 AM
Bite the bullet and save your pennies. Bear makes rotors in the Decela line that are exact fit and carry 3year warp/crack warranty. You'll spend 500 bucks on all 4, but they are worth it! Drilled AND slotted!

Bradley G
08-03-2006, 05:34 AM
I put the decel(Baer) rotors on the front.
They were no more $ than OEM Ford.
And they dont rust like OEM.
I reccomend these highly!
Bite the bullet and save your pennies. Bear makes rotors in the Decela line that are exact fit and carry 3year warp/crack warranty. You'll spend 500 bucks on all 4, but they are worth it! Drilled AND slotted!

superford3
08-03-2006, 05:01 PM
ok will see what happens i guess,no squeaking yet

KillJoy
08-03-2006, 06:01 PM
I am Very happy with the EBC Pads and Rotors offered by Dennis Reinhart. I also have a set of the KVR Braided Lines.

KillJoy

MarauderMark
08-03-2006, 06:11 PM
I have the same set but mine came with pads too.i've had them for over a year , just can't make up my mind if i should put em on or not...

SergntMac
08-03-2006, 06:51 PM
I am Very happy with the EBC Pads and Rotors offered by Dennis Reinhart. I also have a set of the KVR Braided Lines.

KillJoyDitto Steve.

I have the first Baer kit built for the Marauder on my #1x Marauder, and Reinhart's EBC kit on my #3. Bang for the buck, the EBC kit was half the investment and perform quite well over the stock brakes.

Baer is top shelf along with the Wilwood stuff, but if you need to work within a specific budget, the EBC kit is the way to go. I love mine on my daily driver. Very positive and solid fade free braking, at a fraction of the cost. Not cross drilled, but slotted and dimpled, which looks as fine, IMHO.

Todd TCE
08-03-2006, 07:23 PM
In many ways (those that really count) a rotor is a rotor, is a rotor. IF it's simply a stock replacement part of the same design and size.

Adding slots, holes, both or plating has little or no effect on the function of the part. You may enhance pad cleaning or enhanc weight loss but the torque value of the rotors OD remains the same.

One viable set up is a two piece for weight loss combined with the added benefit of directional castings. Most of these will run you $550-700 for a set and be of little benefit for the daily user. Yes some cooling benefits, yes some weight loss...but if it fits the stock caliper; it's got the same value in torque equations. Most of the "it's soo much better" comments are far more about pad choice than rotor.

Play with the options of pad Cf and rotor OD to see for yourself. The math doesn't lie. Look only at rotor torque values in this:
http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/brake_bias_calculator.html