PDA

View Full Version : Home A/C help.

Bowman9
08-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Hey Guys/Gals,

I have a question about my Home A/C unit.
The one unit is outside with copper lines running into the exchange in the house.
When the unit is running you can hear a loud noise of the "fluid" running through the pipes inside the walls, it almost sounds like someone sawing wood.

Do I have air in the line?
Is this an easy fix?

It blows cold air, but with the noise you have to turn up the volume to hear the TV.

Any ideas???

Bluerauder
08-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Hey Guys/Gals,

I have a question about my Home A/C unit.
The one unit is outside with copper lines running into the exchange in the house.
When the unit is running you can hear a loud noise of the "fluid" running through the pipes inside the walls, it almost sounds like someone sawing wood.

Do I have air in the line?
Is this an easy fix?

It blows cold air, but with the noise you have to turn up the volume to hear the TV.

Any ideas???
Are you sure that the sound is fluid in the tubing? A pressure leak in the lines? I would first suspect the air handler fan unless you are sure it is in the tubing. Mine vibrated a bolt out of its bracket on Wednesday night and the motor/fan "squirrel cage" was vibrating and causing a noise.

baltimoremm
08-04-2006, 03:01 PM
where exactly is the noise coming from. can you hear it inside or outside the house (or both?)

Hotrauder
08-04-2006, 03:06 PM
Think Amityville:D Dennis

Bowman9
08-04-2006, 04:52 PM
The sound seems to be come from inside the wall that pipes run through.

Here a pic.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/7/8/7/acroom.jpg

Smokie
08-04-2006, 06:02 PM
I want to help but I need to make sure I understand you first. When I think of "sawing wood" I hear a back n forth type sound that I can't associate with the flow of refrigerant thru copper tubing.

Have you tried to run your inside unit on the FAN only mode wtih the outside unit not running to see if you can still hear the noise?