PDA

View Full Version : HELP-Dynomating the rear shelf panel...

JLHARVEY1
05-15-2003, 07:45 PM
I have the problem that most of you have with the subwoofer causing the shelf panel to rattle.... I bought some Dynomat, I've removed the rear seat.... I was hoping somebody could tell me how to remove the rear shelf panel (before I break something). It looks rather simple. Also are there any tips on where to apply the dynomat?

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Black Badger
05-15-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by JLHARVEY1
I have the problem that most of you have with the subwoofer causing the shelf panel to rattle.... I bought some Dynomat, I've removed the rear seat.... I was hoping somebody could tell me how to remove the rear shelf panel (before I break something). It looks rather simple. Also are there any tips on where to apply the dynomat?

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Remove 3 third brake light ....2 Phillip screws on side of unit and unplug it.
Remove the 2 push pins along the front edge of shelf
*Remove sail panel…… it pulls out. (it's plastic don't overpower it)

I forget if it makes it easier or if it has to be removed.*

Slide tray out ….feed it over third brake light mounting bracket or just pull brackets out

I just did this…. But I removed every thing to put in new speakers and lay down some dyna mat. (I covered the whole shelf and behind the seat.)

2003_MM_FYRE49
05-16-2003, 09:37 PM
Where did you get the dynamat from? Thanks,

Tim

JLHARVEY1
05-17-2003, 01:56 AM
You can get it at just about any major car audio store. I think Circuit City and Best Buy have it... Or you can get it at www.crutchfield.com

darebren
05-17-2003, 04:54 AM
i just did it. see pictures too on member gallery