PDA

View Full Version : Wheel problem solved

FastMerc
08-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Well I had just got my front end straightend out THE ALIGNMENT THAT IS,and wile I was at the dealership I saw this Ford catalouge advertising custom wheels from Ford,and guess what I saw our Marauder wheels are now offerd for the Mustang.Upon further inspection I noticed the flat spot around the center cap with the pony on it,and do to the wide aray of center caps evrything from the spinner type to the flat pony disc to make all fit they had to shave the contour off the wheel.So infact the wheels are now Mustang.So unless it has the nice contour to it it is not a actual Marauder wheel.I GOT MY ANSWER:D

ctrcbob
08-08-2006, 01:25 PM
When I was looking at a Mustang GT with the optional 18" wheels, I noticed that the spokes were different, compared to my MM.

My MM has rounded spokes. The GT had more angular spokes. Neither one has a lip for wheel alignments.

RR|Suki
08-08-2006, 01:39 PM
When I was looking at a Mustang GT with the optional 18" wheels, I noticed that the spokes were different, compared to my MM.

My MM has rounded spokes. The GT had more angular spokes. Neither one has a lip for wheel alignments.

there are different ones that are chrome 18" not just the marauder looking ones

SergntMac
08-08-2006, 02:10 PM
The wheel in the Ford Racing catalogue is advetised as the Marauder OEM wheel. P/N M-1007-M188P, 399. each, page 27 of the '06 catalogue. Since this wheel is now offered by Ford Racing and as an aftermarket accessory directly from Ford, I would expect (and accept) some slight differences from extended production runs.

FastMerc
08-09-2006, 05:52 PM
You are all right at one point or another:D