PDA

View Full Version : Sept 4th Show - With a Cause too

Breadfan
08-07-2006, 07:20 PM
EDIT: The invitation has been given, Marauders asked to join the Northern VA Mustang and Corvette clubs for a special Sept. 4th show in Clifton, VA.

If there was ever a cause to "Circle The Wagons" this is it, a Car Show in Historic Clifton Virginia that will benifit the Garbarino & Armel Families. All proceeds will go into the prospective "Trust Funds" for the Children of these two fine fallen Heros, MPO Mike Garbarino and Detective Vicky Armel. We have been invited to join forces with the Northern Virginia Corvette Club and attend thise event together.

Many of you have beautiful Mustangs some of you that I know and many of you I don't know, but folks lets make this a day to remember and come out in force, lets come out for our Fallen Hero's and show the support i know you have. I am looking forward to this day. If you have any questions please email me ---- info removed ----

Thank You Mrs. Laurie Kistner for "Spearheading" this for the two organizations, you do your club proud.

Please read the below information regarding the event:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(written by Laurie Kistner)

On September 4, 2006: A Labor Day Car Show presented by Custom Cruisers of Northern Virginia and Clifton Lions Club Proceeds to go to the Garbarino/Armel trust funds.
They raised over $15,000 last year for Hurricane Katrina victims.

Time: 10:00am to 3:00pm
Place: Historic Clifton, Virginia

Maybe this would be a good Sept. CAM meet? I've learned a bit more about the show, it's $10 entry fee in advance, $12 at the show, with proceeds going as described above.

It would be great to see a contingent of Marauders there, so let me know if you can attend.

We'll want a list of those planning to go and I'll pass it on to the Mustang club - I believe this will dictate how many spots they will be saving for us all so we are together.

Breadfan
08-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Bump, I re-edited, we have officially been invited as more details of this show were worked out. Hopefully we can get some CAM'ers there and show off some Marauders, make the Corvette's jealous. ;)

Breadfan
08-17-2006, 10:15 AM
Bump!

No takers? Must be scared of us southerners on the other side of the Mason-Dixon line. ;) :D

Just a bump...it's a tough date considering it's on Labor day so many have out of town plans.

Haggis
08-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Bump!

No takers? Must be scared of us southerners on the other side of the Mason-Dixon line. ;) :D

Just a bump...it's a tough date considering it's on Labor day so many have out of town plans.
Hmmm...lets see my Labor Day plans....house work....yard work....house work...yard work...etc. If I can sneak out from under the boss I'll try to be there.

What's that Honey? Sneak out, who me!!! Just kidding, I didn't want Mike to feel like we didn't care. Yes Honey...not funny, I know get a switch. I'll be back later.......maybe. :bop:

Breadfan
08-17-2006, 11:39 AM
Heheh. :)

By the way I'll admit I'm cheating on this one, it's only about 30 minutes from my house. Gotta see if my dad will get the '65 Park Lane out for this one too.

merc
08-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Hmmm...lets see my Labor Day plans....house work....yard work....house work...yard work...etc. If I can sneak out from under the boss I'll try to be there.

What's that Honey? Sneak out, who me!!! Just kidding, I didn't want Mike to feel like we didn't care. Yes Honey...not funny, I know get a switch. I'll be back later.......maybe. :bop:

You suck :lol: :flamer:

Joe Walsh
08-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Sorry Mike, I don't think that I'll be able to make this show.
Labor Day is a tough one.....

BTW: Where are they going to put the cars????

Clifton is a tiny town.

Breadfan
08-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Sorry Mike, I don't think that I'll be able to make this show.
Labor Day is a tough one.....

BTW: Where are they going to put the cars????

Clifton is a tiny town.

I heard there's something like 150 spots...I'd have to recheck. I'm not entirely sure where they're having it, don't know the ins and outs of Clifton well enough

69marquis conv
08-17-2006, 01:59 PM
I wish I could make it, I was hoping you'd left out the "Forge" and that the show was actually in Clifton Forge, that would be much closer!

Haggis
08-18-2006, 03:20 AM
You suck :lol: :flamer:
Merc, your more then welcome to come up and help me with the yard work...house work...yard work...house work...etc. After we're done we can go shootin'.:gunfire:

Commodore Crap
08-25-2006, 05:02 PM
i can go. count me in.

O's Fan Rich
08-25-2006, 05:14 PM
That sounds like and excellent cause, but can't go.
Our daughter gets married the 1st and we are driving them to the airport on the 4th.
Sorry...

merc6
08-27-2006, 08:53 AM
*sigh* Taskings at work for that day :(

Bluerauder
08-28-2006, 03:47 AM
I heard there's something like 150 spots...I'd have to recheck. I'm not entirely sure where they're having it, don't know the ins and outs of Clifton well enough
There's only one IN and one OUT in Clifton, VA. Yeah Joe ... it is tiny. I think that I am gonna be an "undecided" on this one.

Breadfan
08-28-2006, 07:41 AM
Honestly I originally posted about this show and now I'm not entirely sure I'll make it. I heard the Mustang club wants to gather at 630am for the cruise there to get spots for the club in a line/group. So it sounds like it fills up pretty quick, so getting there early is the best way in.

I don't think my dad will have his '65 on the road by then - they are out of town this week and it still needs to pass inspection, that'd be a rush to get that done on time as it still needs an alignment after the new steering components went on.

So maybe not the best Sept Cam show as it's a tough day/time for everyone. (Early AM on Labor Day)

Breadfan
09-01-2006, 10:12 PM
FYI I will probably not be able to make this due to hte Labor day date.