PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Cluster - Engine Coolant Temp

sailsmen
05-16-2003, 06:10 AM
On page 13 of the owner's guide it states, "Illuminates when the engine coolant temperature is high".

On page 10 it states, "Many lights will illuminate when you start your vehicle to make sure the bulb works".

On my MM the "Engine coolant temperature" warning light does not illuminate when I start my vehicle.

Does anyone have illumination of the "Engine coolant temperature" light when they start their vehicle?

Does anyone know if there is an "Engine coolant temperature light"?

SergntMac
05-16-2003, 07:55 PM
Umm...lemmecheck one more time and get back to you on this.

Until I can say otherwise, my answer is no. There is no engine temp idiot light, gauge, or specific warning. It's all inside the single "check engine" component light, and I would love to hear from anyone that I am wrong, because I can't see it from here.

None of the critical areas we should be concerned about and monitoring, have any warning system telling on potential failure.

What we have will tell you when total failure has been accomplished, and only then.

"Open the door, HAL..."

Murader03
05-17-2003, 09:36 AM
After checking the wiring diagram in the Helm Manual I have, there is "NO" specific light for Temp. As Sarge stated, if the problem occurs, the "Check Engine Lioght" will come on, and by then, it's probably too late. The gauge will do it's part in warning you of impending danger, but there is now light. The gauge is basically the same that was in y ;99 Cobra, and it worked as it was supposed to do when I had a small leak in the oil cooler. It did show a rise in temperature. :beer: