PDA

View Full Version : New NC Marauder Guy

Beamer
08-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Hey all I got go myself a '03 Marauder on 8/5/06 after trading in my '02 Lincoln LS v8 Premmie. First saw the Merc on tv and than watched something on them and was like "Wow." But when it came time to get a car I had fallin' for the Lincoln and its beauty let along decent performance and badass handling and worked hard to get one. I was trying to trade in a '03 Cavalier coupe at the time for an LS and it was not going well. But finally got one and had that since dec. of '04 until now.

Marauder is black on black obviciously, has single cd w/ tape player:shake: and the usual things for it I am sure many know on here. 41,960 miles, I'm pretty new to the car, all I knew about them was they looked cool, sounded good and have a nice big motor lol.

My name is Chris btw, going on 23 and no mom and dad did not help on either of these cars or most of the many I have had in the last 5 yrs. I hope to stay in this one a nice long time and not have many problems like the LS' are known for, I got lucky and got out of mine just before all the problems arose.

Looking at switching over my extended warranty onto this car but do not know if I should, I could surely use the little cash I would get back if I canceled but it would be nice to know I am covered in case.

Anyway, just felt like stoping over and introducing myself. Any info is appreciated. Thanks all.

Pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Beamer83/Picture006.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Beamer83/Picture005.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Beamer83/Picture003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Beamer83/Picture001.jpg

KillJoy
08-09-2006, 09:56 AM
:welcome:

Look around, there is a lot of good info here, and even better people!

KillJoy

RoyLPita
08-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Welcome aboard. You will have to cancel the other warranty and get a new one for the "Ride". Enjoy the site.

Haggis
08-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Welcome to the Collective. You will be assimilated, resistance to modding is futile.

Bluerauder
08-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Hey all I got go myself a '03 Marauder on 8/5/06 ....
Marauder is black on black obviciously.
Welcome :welcome1: to the MM.Net, Beamer !! and Happy Maraudering !! :D
We have alot of other than-Black on Black MM representation here. They come in SB, DTR and DBP. You'll learn that as you go along.:)

Hotrauder
08-09-2006, 11:34 AM
Welcome Beamer. Enjoy the new ride and the site. Get you warrenty money back as you WILL have to have a pile of money to mod the Marauder. Most of us nearing a billion at least. :D Dennis

Zack
08-09-2006, 11:46 AM
:welcome:

Look around, there is a lot of good info here, and even better people (excluding myself)!

KillJoy

Well said Steve.

fastblackmerc
08-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Where in NC are you located?

Bigdogjim
08-09-2006, 02:09 PM
Welcome aboard!

Don't worry about Zack and Killjoy as they are brothers:):):)

DEFYANT
08-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Welcome to the Collective. You will be assimilated, resistance to modding is futile.

What he said ^^ :D

He said the same thing to me when I got here! Now look what happen! :shot:

Beamer
08-09-2006, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the welcomes, I said the black on black cause I thought the '03 all came in that color but like I said, very new to the car. I'm located just east of Charlotte, Indian Trail is the area I am in but its pretty much Monroe. I live just off of hwy74/ Independence once you near Charlotte. Got the Marauder at Pinnacle Lincoln which is fairly new, they used to be further down Independence BLVD near Keffer Hyundai and were know as Vantage Lincoln.

The Dealer keeps giving me crap and I actually had to drive down there today again to give them more information in the freakin' storm so now the Merc is dirty and I already have 2 other vehicles that need washing lol. I told them I would have no problem taking back the Lincoln if things are such a PITA. Having alot of headaches w/ this place so far.

As for the warranty, its an "aftermarket" extended warranty and I called the place and ask about how to go about cancelling and they ask what I got and yada yada and they said I could switch it over to the Merc, but I could sure use that money even if its just the downpayment I made when I got it.

We'll see what comes out of this crap. As for modding I am just gonna be in the market for an intake for sometime until funds are built back up, maybe do exhaust, just gotta research what is a nice setup, definitely would like it alittle louder.

jim geary
08-09-2006, 02:46 PM
Welcome Beamer. Enjoy the new ride and the site. Get you warrenty money back as you WILL have to have a pile of money to mod the Marauder. Most of us nearing a billion at least. :D Dennis
At the very least a billion.

MarauderTJA
08-09-2006, 04:04 PM
Welcome to the site. Start saving your money now for modifications. Hanging around here more than likely will be costly, but more important fun. A great group of people congregate here:D .

If you really want to dive into the Marauder world, plan on November 9-11 at Orlando (Kissimmee), Florida for Marauderville IV. A national event for our Marauder brothers and sisters which will be a great time.:banana: You will get to see some of the fastest Marauders as well as many members of all ages from throughout the country who have true passion for their cars.

Beamer
08-09-2006, 04:09 PM
I well see about that meeting in Fla. Well try to be on this board alot but I am apart of a few, from the cavalier forums(owned 4 lol) to the Lincoln forum, my own and probably others I am forgetting right now, I am a busy onliner.

Got a ? that I have been looking for on here by reading and that is what is w/ the MM 300B or A thing, what makes one a A and one a B? Is it when it was built?

jgc61sr2002
08-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Welcome aboard.:D Enjoy your new ride.

Bluerauder
08-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Got a ? that I have been looking for on here by reading and that is what is w/ the MM 300B or A thing, what makes one a A and one a B? Is it when it was built?
Early '03s had a full sized spare, no T/C, fuel door release on the driver's door, map pockets in the front seats, and a separate clock in the dash. They are the 300As.

300Bs were made beginning later in the '03 run. They got a donut spare, no fuel door release, Traction Control. The clock was removed and so were the map pockets.

There are a handful of '03s that have a mix of these A & B features. They are known as the Pre-Decontented versions.

All 2004 MMs are 300As and have the same stuff as the 2003 300B MMs. Got all that?? :D

Agent M79
08-09-2006, 06:00 PM
I leave and another takes my place. To everything, a season. The circle of life.

Welcome to the Hotel Marauderfornia, dude. You can check out but you can never leave... without leaving two black lines behind you.

Check out the Carolina Marauders!

Beamer
08-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Early '03s had a full sized spare, no T/C, fuel door release on the driver's door, map pockets in the front seats, and a separate clock in the dash. They are the 300As.

300Bs were made beginning later in the '03 run. They got a donut spare, no fuel door release, Traction Control. The clock was removed and so were the map pockets.

There are a handful of '03s that have a mix of these A & B features. They are known as the Pre-Decontented versions.

All 2004 MMs are 300As and have the same stuff as the 2003 300B MMs. Got all that?? :D

Got it, thanks:beer: . Guess I'm a A man.

Hotrauder
08-09-2006, 07:14 PM
All of the basic questions and most that are not are in the FAQ section and the search feature will lead you just about everything. start there and you will not find yourself asking the same question that has been answered 100 different ways a thousand times. There is more knowledge here than you can possibly read in the rest of my life and maybe yours, too. Have fun. Do the research and then ask the questions. It will make you one of the smart ones. Have fun. dennis:beer:

SC Cheesehead
08-10-2006, 05:04 PM
I well see about that meeting in Fla. Well try to be on this board alot but I am apart of a few, from the cavalier forums(owned 4 lol) to the Lincoln forum, my own and probably others I am forgetting right now, I am a busy onliner.

Beamer,

300A's were produced until mid-year 2003, after that LMC "decontented" the vehicle, eliminating some of the base features (dash clock, full size ceiling console, full size spare, etc.), but adding others (such as traction control), denoting these as 300B models. There are a few rare "pre-decontented" 300B's which had a mix of A and B features. My '03 DPB is one of these, so I'm told it's one of the rarest of the rare.

Anyway, youre gonna love owning and driving your MM. Hope to see you at one of our meetings.

SCCH

SC Cheesehead
08-10-2006, 05:09 PM
I leave and another takes my place. To everything, a season. The circle of life.

Welcome to the Hotel Marauderfornia, dude. You can check out but you can never leave... without leaving two black lines behind you.

Check out the Carolina Marauders!

Agent,

NOBODY can take your place! Yet, press on we must.

A big "roger" on the two black lines!:burn:

SCCH

Marauderman
08-10-2006, 08:06 PM
A big "roger" on the two black lines!:burn:

SCCH
Someone call my name....................

Hey new guy---

Welcome to the CAROLINA MARAUDERS--

-I am driving my beast tomorrow by your way--actually on the way home from work--something I normally don't do--take it to work that is----but we all know about your dealer here in Charlotte-actually---just PM a guy here know as "frdwrnch"--he can give you the whole scoop---why you ask--he use to be their service mgr....enuff said-----------lets just say ---when you meet by MM----you'll see why its so SPECIAL.....pm me your # or something --I'll call you tomorrow- --hey --mine is 980-722-8676--I could use some calls---lets those around me think I'm busy--:lol:-------Oh yeah---...Tom-

Marauderman
08-10-2006, 08:11 PM
Where in NC are you located?
My town---here we go again............

baltimoremm
08-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Glad to see more and more representation from other young guys....welcome!

Beamer
08-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Got to meet my the first member on here just a few ago. Tom(Marauderman), short meeting but it was cool. Great car, I wish I could have one like that. Maybe down the road I can do all the goodies discussed. When you left you should heard the salesman at DJ, they were all Damn. I did not sound as good as ya but we rocked the lot on the way out.

Thanks for coming outta your way to show me that beauty. Oh yea, sorry if I stunk lol, had been washing and cleaning up vehicles all day and had no time to shower before heading out haha. Two down, 2 to go.

Marauderman
08-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Got to meet my the first member on here just a few ago. Tom(Marauderman), short meeting but it was cool. Great car, I wish I could have one like that. Maybe down the road I can do all the goodies discussed. When you left you should heard the salesman at DJ, they were all Damn. I did not sound as good as ya but we rocked the lot on the way out.

Thanks for coming outta your way to show me that beauty. Oh yea, sorry if I stunk lol, had been washing and cleaning up vehicles all day and had no time to shower before heading out haha. Two down, 2 to go.
Thanks Chris for the nice comments about our meet and my MM---actually--didn't get on her all the way ---so thats a nice compliment--I love it----

Yeah it was great meetin you and seeing your enthusiasiam(help Mac) on loving our MM's here----I wish we had more time to talk--thats what out meets have been about and stuff---owners age is thrown out the window----need I say more!!!!!!

I will help you out the best I can for info on your MM--but spend some time on the "search" area first-------we have all put in so much info on so many subjects--its the best to start with--but know you have my phone number---BTW---I know of few guys who can work on your car locally-- ...talk to me later on this--K? BTW--You seem ok with me----no local waves to me--:loL---guess you were nervous--don't be--we all are here to enjoy our cars and each other---no matter what or how we look or happen to be--just ask.....naw---not gonna mention---you know who--:lol:::

Bob K
08-18-2006, 09:14 AM
I was looking at a silver MM in Mathews and stopped at the Lincoln store next door to see what they had. They said they had one coming in, is that the car you had? If so, was it a lemon? I looked at a MM in Florida and it was great until I found a ton of sand and rust marks under the carpets and in the trunk.

Bob
98 Crown Vic for now
71 Cutlass convertible
84 Hurst Olds

Marauderman
08-18-2006, 07:39 PM
I was looking at a silver MM in Mathews and stopped at the Lincoln store next door to see what they had. They said they had one coming in, is that the car you had? If so, was it a lemon? I looked at a MM in Florida and it was great until I found a ton of sand and rust marks under the carpets and in the trunk.

Bob
98 Crown Vic for now
71 Cutlass convertible
84 Hurst Olds
Yeah --that's his--that stupid dealership put it on e-bay for 18888 as soon as they got it back-----que--don't do business with that dealership---they are crooks-----

Beamer
08-19-2006, 09:12 AM
If you really want it, than good luck w/ them. I went back to get the rest of my downpayment and they said I had to come back, I threw a fit. Was so pissed I well never go back there after monday when I get the rest of my money.

I would go w/ the Silver one if they still have it at the dealer next to it because they are asking like $19K for it and it probably has less miles. The one the lincoln dealer have coming in was mine and it was ok, had a reverse problem for a couple of days, would say its in but it felt like neutral and I had to push it up farther. Everything seems ok w/ it besides the little dings and scratches and the dent where the emblem is on the trunk.

If anything tell 'em you know the guy they screwed in the deal and than maybe you can get something outta it. Let me know, I well even go look at it w/ ya hahaha.

Hope you have better luck, oh the car has 42,2xx miles on it.

Bob K
08-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Sorry you had problems with them. I drove the silver one and it was really nice. I am going to put the MM dream on hold for a while. I have a really clean CV that rides great and I just bought a new vehicle for my wife this week.

Some other car friends of mine and I all meet at AutoFair with the GM Muscle car club. Please feel free to stop by during the show. Great group of people.

Ask for Bob with the 71 Cutlass convertible.

Bob

Beamer
08-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Glad to hear you did not go to Pinnacle lol. They are really big time a-holes. I went back for my downpayment on saturday(19th) and they said I could not have it after telling me that thursday it was fine if I came in Sat to get it(had to work all day fri) so I about knocked out the douchebag but instead I said somethings and left and when in the parking lot a couple were looking at a Milan and I told 'em to go elsewhere for it because this place rips you off and they were like "really?" and they got in their car while I was backing out and left behind me lol. Did get the money on that following monday though.

I guess it works out in the end, I was not to happy w/ the contract they had me w/ from the get go and now I am getting some money back and can get nice new tires and upgrade my brakes on the LS, maybe do an exhaust system too, just need to find a place to do it for a fair price and decide what type of mufflers to go w/. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am looking for a nice rumble at idle and a nice little roar under regular excelleration and a "what is that" sound as I get on it. Kind of like yours Tom, I thought that sounded fantastic. Granted my v8 is alittle smaller lol

Where is the Autofair at and when? Only Autofair I heard of was the Food Lion Autofair and that has long since past.

fastblackmerc
08-25-2006, 02:36 PM
There is an AutoFair at the Lowe's Motor Speedway in the spring and fall.

See this link for more info:

http://www.lowesmotorspeedway.com/schedules/car%5Fshows/