PDA

View Full Version : Wrong EZ-Pass for Marauder?

Flat Eric
05-16-2003, 01:31 PM
My EZ-Pass is on my windshield, yet i noticed the Motor Vehicles
web site as saying Marauders should order the license plate bracket mounted EZ-Passes as the windshield ones may not work.

I see the others cars they list this for like the Land Rover have front window defroster wires, but the MM???

I've never had a problem.

Where do other EZ-Pass users have theirs?

69Marauder
05-16-2003, 02:14 PM
Eric, I've had mine on the windshield for almost a year and it work fine here and in NJ

jefferson-mo
05-16-2003, 03:10 PM
WTF is an EZ-PASS?

?curious?

:stupid::rolleyes:

Mikeenh
05-16-2003, 03:24 PM
I have my EZ-Pass on the windshield behind the mirror....Works fine.
WTF is it? It's a North East toll system. It reads your ID as you go through a toll at around 25 mph without stopping. You have a credit card on file that they draw from as you use it.

Bigdogjim
05-16-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by jefferson-mo
WTF is an EZ-PASS?

?curious?

:stupid::rolleyes:

This it a system to suck money out of bank account with out stopping to pay the toll. You sign up and hook up a credit card and then they send a transponder to place on your windshield, about 31/2X3" sq. then you can drive thought the toll booth:D New Jersey is about 5 mph:confused: Delaware is 55MPH:) :D

Great system for the northeast with all the toll roads:flamer: :mad2:

UncleLar
05-16-2003, 06:00 PM
Wait till they figure out they can time you between toll booths and compute your speed. Sooner or later that day will come.

01 Interceptor
05-16-2003, 06:08 PM
I thought there was a such place already...don't remember where, but I am pretty sure it has been tested and had results. Bad for the guys who have to deal with tolls.

SergntMac
05-16-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by UncleLar
Wait till they figure out they can time you between toll booths and compute your speed. Sooner or later that day will come.

Not to mention the paper chase/record hunt your typical high end divorce engages in...

Hide all the G/Fs you want anywhere, just don't use your I-Pass to get there, eh?

jgc61sr2002
05-16-2003, 07:07 PM
Yes the EZ pass leaves a paper trail. But it saves mucho time not waiting to pay the toll. John:D

Bigdogjim
05-16-2003, 07:19 PM

That has already been thought of. It is not legal for the Parkways/Turnpikes to issue tickets base upon E-Z Pass. New York State Throughway has all ready been challenged and defended it. They simply can not share the info for ticket's.:D

However thay can still tract movement :confused:

Still beats the lines to pay tolls:flamer:

engine23ccvfd
05-16-2003, 08:15 PM
I mounted mine a little to the rt of the rearview post with no problems except it looks like crap...dont think they have a license plate option down here

WolfeBros
05-16-2003, 09:41 PM
Mine is located right behind the mirror. Do not even notice it and it works driving thru at highway speed. We have some regular speed lanes here where you don't have to slow down to 25 mph.
I have gone thru at 75 with no problems. My Valentine One had my back.

WolfeBros
05-16-2003, 10:14 PM
If you don't want your movement tracked better turn off your cell phones and don't use your credit cards either.

Flat Eric
05-18-2003, 09:51 AM
well i got my black license bracket ez-pass, certainly looks better than having that white thing stuck to my windshield.

It's as black as the car so blends right in. Other MM Ez-Passers may want to do the same

jgc61sr2002
05-18-2003, 03:43 PM
Wolfe - Some of the EZ pass toll booths in the NY area have a barrier that goes up when it reads your EZ pass tag. Going through at 75MPH and you'll have a barrier on you hood. Not to cool. John

Mikeenh
05-18-2003, 03:49 PM
I took a black magic marker to the front side of my EZ-Pass so it doesn't stand out on the windshield.

Constable
05-18-2003, 09:42 PM
As for the EZ Pass tracking your speed etc... BIGJIM was right as far as "exchange of do***ents" goes, but there's a bit more to it as well. Some Northeastern states WERE issuing summonses by mail to EZ Pass holders. The major problem was identifying who was operating the vehicle at the time of the offense. Without a positive I.D., a moving violation cannot --- or SHOULD NOT --- be issued (although non-moving violations can).

Prime example: I witnessed a drag between a 71 Plymouth Duster and an 87 Grand National coming off of a traffic light in my town. I was able to stop the Duster, but the GN took off running once I started my light show. I mailed the registered owner a few summonses. My softee Judge then dismisses all charges because I never had a clear image of the drivers face. "It could've been anyone driving it that day", he says.

There are a ton of other problems anyways... like how I can blow the EZ Pass lanes in my F350 WITHOUT EZ PASS! The little screen just says, "EZ Pass Paid, Thank You".

Oh no, EZ Pass.... thank you! ;)

Mad1
05-19-2003, 06:57 AM

That has happened on the Ohio Turnpike. (Uses paper tickets, not ezee pass.)
A motorcycle crotch rocket jockey made a run between two toll booth exits which, based on time stamps, meant he was averaging 120mph. Toll taker flagged the OHP at the exit and speed demon got himself a big ol' ticket.

Word of advice ... never speed on Ohio highways unless you like paying fines.

NYSP618
05-20-2003, 10:09 AM
As a former NYS trooper I can state we never looked to issue tickets based on your E-Z pass, remember when the thruway first opened your toll card also had the time stamped on it and nothing was ever issued then either. About the only thing I have seen useful was where a crime had happened on the thruway and the police pulled the records of all e-z pass holders who had been past that point in a 30 minutes time frame. Based in the info provided by one of the e-z pass holders the bad guy was caught, so even though they are best for getting thru the toll barriers without waiting in that long line they also do have another purpose if needed.