PDA

View Full Version : Quick, speaker wire color + / - ??

darebren
05-16-2003, 04:17 PM
Anyone know which wire color is positive and negative? I'm working on the rear right now, both sides have different color wires, one side red and orange, other side blue and brown, both wires have stripes, on stripe is wider than the other though??

No OEM speaker adapters fit, they are not the Ford or Mercury standard OEM connections.... darn! 2003 MM, maybe different than 2002, as I heard someone sid they had OEM connectors.

Is there a way to test it, check for woofer movement maybe?

Effster
05-16-2003, 04:55 PM
yes ,,speaker cone should move outwards.best buy and crytchfield have harness adapters,,but they are wired opposite.best way to test a speaker is to use a AA battery.the speaker cone should move outwards of the basket,,not inwards.if you need i will hop in the trunk to look at the polarity.good luck

darebren
05-16-2003, 05:53 PM
figured it out from another post here that said the OEM speaker has a blue or green dot on the negative side of the terminal, was able to see which color wire that was, spliced the new speakers in and viola! awsome!!! i posted pics in the member gallery of parts of the install.