PDA

View Full Version : In Hanover, PA

MarauderTJA
08-13-2006, 06:08 AM
I will be in Hanover, PA (York Co.) for the next two weeks instructing a national L.E. course at Penn Twp PD. If any of you CAM guys are in the area, I would enjoy meeting with you and seeing your Marauders. Miss mine since I drove my truck up here to the northeast the end of July. We could also have a lemonade:D . Any events the weekend of Aug 19th & 20th worth going to?

DEFYANT
08-13-2006, 06:24 AM
Where exacly is that? CheeseheadBoband I will be traveling through PA enroute home on Sunday from Woodward.

MarauderTJA
08-13-2006, 06:29 AM
Where exacly is that? CheeseheadBoband I will be traveling through PA enroute home on Sunday from Woodward.

Hanover is close to York, PA (approx 25 miles - US 30 to PA 94) from I-83.

MM03MOK
08-13-2006, 06:38 AM
Where exacly is that? CheeseheadBoband I will be traveling through PA enroute home on Sunday from Woodward.Charlie, when we came to Gettysburg last Fall, we stayed in Hanover....about a 15 min. ride east of Gettysburg.

Bluerauder
08-13-2006, 07:00 AM
Charlie, when we came to Gettysburg last Fall, we stayed in Hanover....about a 15 min. ride east of Gettysburg.
Where's Mike and Gordon on this one. I can probably make this -- set a place and a time ... near Gettysburg? Boyd's? Off Route 15/30?? :D I am about 100 miles south.

SWOOSH
08-13-2006, 02:56 PM
How far is Hanover from Grove City, PA? What time are you guys headed back? I am stock, but I'd love to drive back with you guys.

MarauderTJA
08-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Where's Mike and Gordon on this one. I can probably make this -- set a place and a time ... near Gettysburg? Boyd's? Off Route 15/30?? :D I am about 100 miles south.

Just let me know where you guys would like to meet. Gettysburg is about 15-20 minutes from me.

MarauderTJA
08-13-2006, 04:23 PM
How far is Hanover from Grove City, PA? What time are you guys headed back? I am stock, but I'd love to drive back with you guys.

Quite a ride. Hanover is approx 255 miles from Grove City.

Joe Walsh
08-13-2006, 09:04 PM
Darn Tom,
If I had known you were up this way I could have hand delivered the photos I just mailed out to you.

I'd like to try to meet up with you while you are in the area...Hanover, Pa. is about an hour ride +/- for me.
I can drive up in the Marauder and let you take a close look at my B&M tranny cooler install.
Joe

MarauderTJA
08-14-2006, 04:08 PM
Darn Tom,
If I had known you were up this way I could have hand delivered the photos I just mailed out to you.

I'd like to try to meet up with you while you are in the area...Hanover, Pa. is about an hour ride +/- for me.
I can drive up in the Marauder and let you take a close look at my B&M tranny cooler install.
Joe

Sorry about that Joe:( .. I didn't realize that you were that close. I would truly enjoy meeting you as well as seeing your Marauder and the tranny cooler install. Plus to talk to you about your engine work. (And of course go for a short blast:D) Hope to get my cooler installed by the first of next month prior to my new motor install.

I am out of class by 4 PM. Give me a call on my cell phone 239-281-5181 to see when it would be convenient to get together.

Joe Walsh
08-14-2006, 07:22 PM
Tom,. What's best for you:

A weeknight or on the weekend?

I could drive up to Hanover by around 7:00-7:30 pm after work...
or on a Saturday/Sunday morning around 8:00-9:00 am.

Any other CAMmers interested in a mini-meet with Tom?

MM03MOK
08-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Here's the place to go....

KClinger's Tavern (http://www.kclingers.com/Tavern.asp)
304 Poplar Street
Hanover, PA 17331
(717) 633-9197

http://www.kclingers.com/

You'll need 20 minutes just to read the brew menu!!

Bluerauder
08-15-2006, 06:02 AM
Here's the place to go....

KClinger's Tavern (http://www.kclingers.com/Tavern.asp)
304 Poplar Street
Hanover, PA 17331
(717) 633-9197

http://www.kclingers.com/

You'll need 20 minutes just to read the brew menu!!
Are we gonna try to do something on Saturday, 19 August (Noon? Lunchtime??) ?? The Appalachian Brewpub in Gettysburg is better for me. Hanover adds another 30 minutes for me to what's already a 1:40 drive. Either way, I gotta come through Gettysburg on Route 15. Who's in??

Haggis
08-15-2006, 07:33 AM
We will not be able to make it this weekend. Our local car club is having their car show this Saturday and Sunday at the Frederick Fair Grounds inconjunction with the Frederick Sportsman Expo. Starts at 9am both days and goes to 3pm.

Registration is $22 at the door and gets you into the Sportsman Expo for both days.

Breadfan
08-15-2006, 08:01 AM
I'll keep an eye on things but don't put me as a definite either way - the weekend is still too far away for me know what's in store. :)

Bluerauder
08-15-2006, 08:29 AM
I'll keep an eye on things but don't put me as a definite either way - the weekend is still too far away for me know what's in store. :)
I'll take that as a FIRM "I am not sure". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Haggis
08-15-2006, 08:34 AM
I'll take that as a FIRM "I am not sure". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Positively maybe?

Breadfan
08-15-2006, 08:34 AM

You got it! I was trying to make it sound better though. :D

MarauderTJA
08-15-2006, 01:59 PM
Tom,. What's best for you:

A weeknight or on the weekend?

I could drive up to Hanover by around 7:00-7:30 pm after work...
or on a Saturday/Sunday morning around 8:00-9:00 am.

Any other CAMmers interested in a mini-meet with Tom?

Sunday noon or any weekday evening (except Friday) would be best for me. I am meeting with a friend Friday night and I am renting a HD for the day on Saturday for some nice weather riding in the WV mountains. I have to return it on Sunday before noon. We could do lunch in a convenient location that works best for you guys.

Bluerauder
08-15-2006, 02:04 PM
Sunday noon or any weekday evening (except Friday) would be best for me.
Looks like I'm out. Both bad for me. :(

Joe Walsh
08-15-2006, 09:48 PM
Tom,
You when will you be leaving Hanover for home?
If this weekend doesn't work out, maybe we can schedule for next weekend...?

snowbird
08-16-2006, 04:16 AM
Tom,

If the next week end, the 25th at the end of the day or the 26 th earlier, say at noon, I,ll be on my way for a small vacation in Virginia beach and be around the Baltimore area. Since I was trying to make a mini meet with Joe and, if i calculate correctly, you'll have to be on your way back after that 2 weeks Hanover activity, maybe we've got a east continent Procharger mini meet in the making !!?? :)

MarauderTJA
08-16-2006, 07:38 PM
Tom,
You when will you be leaving Hanover for home?
If this weekend doesn't work out, maybe we can schedule for next weekend...?

Joe, I will be heading back on Friday August 25th after class around 4 PM. Have to get home. I'm here in Hanover all next week. If we can hook up, great. If not I understand.

MarauderTJA
08-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Tom,

If the next week end, the 25th at the end of the day or the 26 th earlier, say at noon, I,ll be on my way for a small vacation in Virginia beach and be around the Baltimore area. Since I was trying to make a mini meet with Joe and, if i calculate correctly, you'll have to be on your way back after that 2 weeks Hanover activity, maybe we've got a east continent Procharger mini meet in the making !!?? :)

I will be heading home after my class on August 25th. I would truly enjoy meeting with "us" Procharger Marauders. Lets get together....if at all possible.

Joe Walsh
08-21-2006, 08:03 PM
I will be heading home after my class on August 25th. I would truly enjoy meeting with "us" Procharger Marauders. Lets get together....if at all possible.

:bump:

Tom, I might be able to leave a little early this Wednesday 23rd...

Would you want to meet Wednesday evening around 6:00 pm +/-?
We could grab a bite to eat and a beer at the Tavern mentioned in Bunny's post.

MarauderTJA
08-22-2006, 03:37 PM
:bump:

Tom, I might be able to leave a little early this Wednesday 23rd...

Would you want to meet Wednesday evening around 6:00 pm +/-?
We could grab a bite to eat and a beer at the Tavern mentioned in Bunny's post.

Dam Joe, of all the evenings:mad: . I have to work on Wednesday from 3 Pm- 11 Pm for night operations. Thursday night I have to get things packed with my equipment and personal efects to leave the hotel Friday morning to start the treck back to Florida after class in the afternoon.

Sure wish things could have worked out. Maybe next time I'm up this way we can schedule a better plan.

MarauderMark
08-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Dam Joe, of all the evenings:mad: . I have to work on Wednesday from 3 Pm- 11 Pm for night operations. Thursday night I have to get things packed with my equipment and personal efects to leave the hotel Friday morning to start the treck back to Florida after class in the afternoon.

Sure wish things could have worked out. Maybe next time I'm up this way we can schedule a better plan.
Tom your not an easy guy to hook up with didn't we try this before?:D

MarauderTJA
08-22-2006, 05:34 PM
Tom your not an easy guy to hook up with didn't we try this before?:D

Your right Mark. It usually is hit or miss when I am on the road. The demands of training law enforcement as well as being on call with the Federal Government. Nature of my profession:o . Can't wait to get home. A month away is a long time. Have Marauder things to do with my new engine build:banana: .

Joe Walsh
08-22-2006, 07:42 PM
Sorry about that Tom...:(
What time are you heading through the Baltimore area on Friday?

I live fairly close to I-95 and could meet you anywhere along I-95 if you wanted to stop for 1/2 an hour on your way home.
Joe

MarauderTJA
08-23-2006, 02:25 PM
Sorry about that Tom...:(
What time are you heading through the Baltimore area on Friday?

I live fairly close to I-95 and could meet you anywhere along I-95 if you wanted to stop for 1/2 an hour on your way home.
Joe

My planned route home from Hanover will be:

US 15 to I-270 to I-495 to I-95. Will be leaving Friday morning around 8 AM to avoid the traffic mess. Will be west of Baltimore. You anywhere along that route?

Bluerauder
08-23-2006, 03:38 PM

US 15 to I-270 to I-495 to I-95. Will be leaving Friday morning around 8 AM to avoid the traffic mess. Will be west of Baltimore. You anywhere along that route?
I am right off I-95 South, exit 160 (Occoquan/Lake Ridge) in Virginia. You will probably be passing through around 10:30 AM. I got work on Friday. :(

Joe Walsh
08-23-2006, 03:45 PM

Yep, I work in Frederick, Md.
You will be going right by my office. We are literally right next to the northbound I-270 lanes, just south of the I-270/I-70 split.
(TIPCO Technologies sign is on the building)
Unfortunately, I'll be driving my company vehicle on Friday, as I have a meeting in Rockville at 10:00 am.
Sorry that we couldn't meet up this trip.:(

MarauderTJA
08-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Sorry guys we couldn't get together. I hope to be up this way next year too. We will plan to get together in advance next time.....

MM03MOK
08-23-2006, 06:55 PM
Sorry guys we couldn't get together. I hope to be up this way next year too. We will plan to get together in advance next time.....Safe home, Tom. Talk to you soon. Looking forward to your Oct. visit!

MarauderMark
08-23-2006, 07:25 PM
Safe home, Tom. Talk to you soon. Looking forward to your Oct. visit!
Ditto budd:up:

MM03MOK
08-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Ditto budd:up:You coming to Massachusetts too, Mark?

Haggis
08-24-2006, 03:40 AM

OUCH!!! That is not a good time to travel down through Frederick on US 15 or I-270. Can you say 'Rush Hour.' Sure I knew you could. Traffic usually lightens up after 9:30am south bound, but once you hit the DC beltway your stuck. Take I-81 south it is a prettier ride and a lot less traffic.

I live and Frederick and work in Silver Spring. If you do decide to take the beltway (I-495), when you get to Georgia Ave. Look right and wave 'HI'.

Joe Walsh
08-24-2006, 04:19 AM
OUCH!!! That is not a good time to travel down through Frederick on US 15 or I-270. Can you say 'Rush Hour.' Sure I knew you could. Traffic usually lightens up after 9:30am south bound, but once you hit the DC beltway your stuck. Take I-81 south it is a prettier ride and a lot less traffic.

I live and Frederick and work in Silver Spring. If you do decide to take the beltway (I-495), when you get to Georgia Ave. Look right and wave 'HI'.

Gordon is right, you will be driving right into the heart of one of DC's finest rush hour messes! It won't clear up until you make it past Tyson's Corner/ Route 123 in Northern Va.:(

Haggis
08-24-2006, 05:06 AM
Gordon is right, you will be driving right into the heart of one of DC's finest rush hour messes! It won't clear up until you make it past Tyson's Corner/ Route 123 in Northern Va.:(
Joe when did you start working in Frederick. We ought to get together for dinner and a beer sometime.

Joe Walsh
08-24-2006, 04:07 PM
I've been out in 'FREDNECK' for about a year now....dinner sounds good, a beer sounds even better!
We could hit 'Barley & Hops' or 'Brewer's Alley' some evening after @ 5:15pm.
Joe

MarauderMark
08-24-2006, 06:08 PM
You coming to Massachusetts too, Mark?
Sorry Bunny i should've edit your post for some blind reason i saw safe trip and i thought the same until now ya know somwtimes i get flash backs form the drug years:rasta: :D

MarauderTJA
08-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Thanks guys for the heads-up on the beltway. I have been traveling these roads for years. Like anywhere, traffic is getting worse. Will head out a little later to miss the mess. Hope to catch up with you guys either at SSHS6, MV IV or next year when I am coming through. Keep Maraudering.:D