PDA

View Full Version : Help with Extreme Tune

BigCars4Ever
08-14-2006, 07:02 PM
I tried to use Xtreme Tune to change my shift schedule for the AutoX but it didn't work out the way I expected. I increased my 2-3 shift to start at 80mph and 3-4 at 100mph. Then I made the 1-2 shift a straight line at 40mph and the 2-1 shift at 38mph. My thinking was that the car would hold 1st no matter what the throttle was at until I got over 40. I noticed two things. One was that the car was free wheeling in 1st and 2nd instead of engine braking. Then when I got back on the gas the motor would spin up like it was in neutral then engage. I tried playing with the lockup schedule but there was no 1st gear lock. Can anyone explain what I did wrong?

Zack
08-14-2006, 07:27 PM
I tried to use Xtreme Tune to change my shift schedule for the AutoX but it didn't work out the way I expected. I increased my 2-3 shift to start at 80mph and 3-4 at 100mph. Then I made the 1-2 shift a straight line at 40mph and the 2-1 shift at 38mph. My thinking was that the car would hold 1st no matter what the throttle was at until I got over 40. I noticed two things. One was that the car was free wheeling in 1st and 2nd instead of engine braking. Then when I got back on the gas the motor would spin up like it was in neutral then engage. I tried playing with the lockup schedule but there was no 1st gear lock. Can anyone explain what I did wrong?

The 2-1 should be a max of 35mph with 4:10's.
The 2-3 looks good, the 3-4 should be around 120.
The 1-2 should be about 47-49mph at wot.
There is no 1st gear lock.
What are you trying to accomplish?

BigCars4Ever
08-14-2006, 07:35 PM
I was hoping to duplicate the way I would use the first and second manual lock out shift in an AutoX. You stay in first most of the time and let the engine brake the car comming into the corner but on some of the straights you run out of first gear and really need a little second to keep out of the redline only to brake and drop back into first.