PDA

View Full Version : Car show supplies

Marauder_Santa
08-17-2006, 06:18 AM
Looking for help in putting together a small kit of car cleaning supplies to bring to car shows. Also best place to buy this stuff. I have just started showing the car and have enjoyed the experiance. Amazed at how many people still are unaware of the Marauder.

Thanks in adavce for your help.

magindat
08-17-2006, 06:22 AM
5 gal bucket with lid
California Duster
Spray-On tire shine
Glass cleaner
dry wash
terry rags
micro fiber rags
Self dispensing leather wipes

Keep it all in the bucket.

Most of the time you'll only need the duster. Occasionally the leather wipes.

If you come through weather on the way to the show, you'll need the terry rags to dry and the dry wash to clean the spots. Glass cleaner for the glass and rims.

Really doesn't take much assuming you cleaned-up at home pre-show.

merc
08-17-2006, 06:34 AM
Costco microfiber towels (24 pack of yellow for $9.99)
Turtle Wax Ice (Local Automotive Store)
http://www.cardomain.com/features/turtlewaxicex

gjtcodered
08-17-2006, 06:39 AM
Get a kit from Zaino. There products are the best. The spray gloss enhancer (detailer) wipes right off easily. Awesome shine. Get Zaino at

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Zaino

gjtcodered
08-17-2006, 06:47 AM
On my MM the porous trim along the sides at the bottom and the porous area around side mirrors kept fading to grey. I was using Mothers Back to Black on them, but that didn't last long. Now I just put the Zaino spray gloss enhancer on them and they stay nice and dark, also use it on bumpers, rims, and all trim. Works great!

gpfarrell
08-17-2006, 06:56 AM
Well, I like taking my Siberian Husky (Donna, are you listening?) because she makes friends fast and starts conversations easily.

I try to take a stroller that I can strap our 2 year old into, because if he gets loose I spend the rest of the night looking like Bufford T. Justice.

I try to take beer in cans so I can have a coozy around them and people won't notice I'm sipping on one.

Oh, juice boxes are good too.

And a couple of chairs.

I'll stop here, I don't really think I'm helping much!

fastblackmerc
08-17-2006, 08:12 AM
You need to take everything you normally use to detail your MM at home.

Spray detailer (I use Turtle Wax ICE, you can use it in the sun)
Towels (microfiber, etc.)
Duster (I use 2 California dusters, 1 for the outside & 1 for the inside)
Leather cleaner/conditioner (wipes / liquid / foam)
Glass cleaner (I use Invisable Glass for the outside & non ammonia, non alcohol spray for the inside because of the tint)
Tire shine & aplicators (I use liquid)
Rubber gloves (so the tire shine doesn't get on your hands)
Small cheap paint brushes (to get the dust off the dash, AC louvers and engine compartment)
Chrome polish (for those exhaust tips)
Disposable wipes (I use the GO JO brand)
Container to store all in (my container fits under the MM's rear bumper so it's out of sight when I'm done)
Collapsable chair (to sit in after your done)
Beverage of your choice

I keep doubles of my detailing supplies - one in the garage - one in the storage box - if I run out of one I replace it, I don't swap between the two.

ckadiddle
08-17-2006, 08:42 AM
I use windex wipes in the resealable flat pack to get the dust off the windows and sparkle up the exhaust tips. I keep them in the trunk full time. No liquid to spill. I like that.