PDA

View Full Version : Race legal @ Qualcomm Stadium Aug 18 5:00pm

69mach1
08-17-2006, 07:30 AM
All, I know that it's late notice, but I just found out that this Friday night at Qualcomm Stadium off Friars Road Race Legal is having Ford night.

Gates open at 5:00 PM and the Drag races are on until Midnight. Hope some of you can make it. Just look for the yellow GT 40 to park your car with the Fords as spectators.

Hope to see you there

Jon aka 69mach1 :burnout:

Curt, Jeff, you guys out there?

kartherma
08-17-2006, 06:30 PM
I am here and I will be there with Blackie...My friends now call her the "Time Machine" because...well you know...

Are we going to be able to register and race too???

Be Good!
Curt

69mach1
08-17-2006, 09:58 PM
Curt

It looks like we could run... I'll give a call to arange a meeting place.

http://www.racelegal.com/news/news.asp
http://www.racelegal.com/site/images/navigation.gifhttp://www.racelegal.com/site/images/white_divider.gif RACING THIS FRIDAY AUG. 18TH

Join us again this Friday for another great night of racing. Same time and place.
Remember to pick up your free raffle ticket at the RaceLegal booth on vendor row for this weeks giveaway.
Thanks again for making Aug. 11th an exciting successful evening.
DISCOUNTED FEES AVAILABLE…
Pre-purchase ticket rate: Racers $25 and Spectators $5.
Pre-purchase tickets at 6310 Alvarado Court, Suite 226 between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM prior to race day. Call 265 - 8159 for more info.
REMINDER TO ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY--- buy at MWR ticket office—Racers $15 and Spectators are 2 for $5.

PRICE ALERT...

Your RaceLegal.com program is a not-for-profit entity and that means that every dollar that comes in goes right back into underwriting program costs.
Like any small business our costs continue to escalate. We have been able to hold our racer and spectator fees at $20.00 and $5.00 respectively since 2003.
We exhausted all resources to keep prices the same and now to keep your program alive and well, it is necessary to adjust the racer and spectator fees to cover our increasing costs.
Beginning August 11th, at the gate the racer fee is $30.00 and the spectator fee is $8.00.

Talk soon

Jon :burnout:

jim geary
08-18-2006, 07:49 AM
How far south of Los Angeles is Poway? Sounds like a fun outting.
Is there an age limit?

kartherma
08-18-2006, 10:28 AM
Qualcomm stadium is on I-15 and I would bet that it is about 1.5 to 2 hours south of LA. The stadium is in the middle of what I would consider San Diego. No age limit.
Looks like it is a 1/8 mile track and it also looks like we can run but if I read the info right we will need a helmut in our speed class. I think I have access to one so I will try to bring one.

Guys, It looks like I can get discounted tickets at the MWR office here on the base as long as they have some in inventory. The discounted price is pretty good...
$25 racer admission is $15 at the MWR office
$5 spectator tickets are 2 for $5
So, if you guys are looking to go tonight, call me before 3:30 today and leave a message on the phone so I know how many tickets to get.
Also leave your number for me to call back so I can get the tickets to you.

I am feet dry but still "at work"...

be good guys, and I will see you tonight
928-246-4477

kartherma
08-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Jim, here is a link to some directions to Qualcomm
http://www.sandiego.gov/qualcomm/directions.shtml

I'd LOVE to see you there!

be good, Curt

69mach1
08-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Curt and I made it to the drags @ Qualcomm and had a great time.

First drag event for me and it was a kick in the butt:D

We'll have to do it again.

Have a great weekend :beer:

Jon aka 69mach1 :burnout:

jim geary
08-19-2006, 09:35 AM
Glad you both had a good time. I just got home to late to drive all the way
down there. Sorry. Although every Thursday evening at Irwindale speedway
they have sort of the same thing except it's open to everyone. Pretty fast
cars. I get intimidated not to run cause everyone else is so quick. Plus the
fact I've never raced before. Oh well. Maybe next time.?

kartherma
08-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Ok, preliminary data for those interested...
we had two marauders there
03 with 4.10s and stock tires
04 with widened rims/tires and stock gears
both with the lidio tune

the 60ft times on the wide tires KILLED the 4.10's

The top speed was a *slight* advantage to the 4.10's

yup...widened tires/rims are flat out needed when you get those 4.10's

(ok, I know I am not the best at launching the cars...but those numbers cant lie)

be good!
Curt