PDA

View Full Version : Reinhart Level II Kit Questions

ROADWARRIORSVT
08-18-2006, 07:50 PM
I have an opportunity to buy a PI 3000 converter and the Level II kit locally (Hawaii) so I would save big on shipping cost. What all does the Level II kit replace? I'm only planing on gears, converter and the Xcal2. I probably don't NEED the Level II kit, but a friend of mine has it brand new and no MM to put it on. I tried the Reinharts site, but no info on the kit. Thanks for any info.

CRUZTAKER
08-19-2006, 09:43 AM
I have an opportunity to buy a PI 3000 converter and the Level II kit locally (Hawaii) so I would save big on shipping cost. What all does the Level II kit replace? I'm only planing on gears, converter and the Xcal2. I probably don't NEED the Level II kit, but a friend of mine has it brand new and no MM to put it on. I tried the Reinharts site, but no info on the kit. Thanks for any info.

I cannot comment on the kit. I do not even know what it totally consists of as far as parts. I did a s3000 and gears as well w/o any other kits. However, I would have liked to do the tranny cooler at the time, as my temps were seen to pop up a bit running hard on city streets. I did not have the money at the time.

What I will suggest you do, at minimum, is that you do the tranny j-mod while the trans is out having the new s3000 t/c installed. Easy to do. Send me an email addy in a PM and I will send the drawings. Your tranny guy will be able to do this mod easily while the tranny is out for as little as 30-40 dollars of misc bench work.

RVT04
08-19-2006, 08:43 PM
last july , DR put a level II kit in my tranny, well actually it was done by the ford dealer tranny guru while we had it out for the t/c and rear engine cooling kit and the exhaust change
and all i can say is wow 8000 miles later and some really hard street use along with a few road and track sessions and some 1/4 mile trips and no problemo. i do not know all the componet swaps but it has forced tailshaft lubrication line and deep sump finned pan with sensor and temp guage where the ciggybutt lighter used to be, and under normal operating conditions it is not much different than a stock tranny with a good tune but under wot it is rock solid and breaks the tires loose on third gear shift at 92 mph, goes to 128 at 6200 and shifts into 4th and clocks the speedo in just about as much time as it took you to read this.
if i had to pick a mod it would be the 4:10's the t/c and the tranny kit as a best improve performance package
oh btw, 13.836- 98.99 mph on pump gas and stock tires
did i say thanks DR.

ROADWARRIORSVT
08-19-2006, 11:06 PM
Wow!! Sounds like fun to me!! I may just go check out the Level II kit my friend has and see what all it replaces. I'm a super novice when it comes to trannies. I've only been inside my Cobra's C-4. I'll probably give DR a call too. Thanks for the feedback.