PDA

View Full Version : FordChip Dyno-Tune in Boston

RF Overlord
05-17-2003, 02:12 PM
Well.

Just got back from the FordChip dyno session hosted by New England Dyno and Tuning in Worcester, MA. I couldn't stick around the whole day, but we had a total of 4 Marauders, 3 Mustangs, and a new Cougar done by 1230, with 2 more Marauders, another 'stang, a T-bird, and a Crown Vic waiting patiently...I'm sure more cars showed up later...

This was my first dyno and I must say, watching someone take my car up to 142 MPH, with the exhaust bellowing, and the car sitting still, was rather unnerving... :eek: If you are thinking of having this done, and you're the Nervous-Nellie type, take a valium first... :rasta:

Having said that, if you have the opportunity to attend one of these sessions, DO SO! I noticed a definite improvement in throttle response and an overall increase in performance. In regard to the way the car was originally set up by Ford, THIS IS MORE LIKE IT! THIS is the way it should have been delivered from the factory! The FordChip team did a super job, even re-tweaking the Marauder program to eliminate a slight detonation issue that developed after the initial runs, and re-flashing our chips.

Thanks to:
Pete and Jerry of FordChip; :bows:
Dean and his crew at New England Dyno; :up:
and Rodeo Joe for putting the whole thing together... :banana:

Special thanks to Black Badger for supplying the coffee and donuts!

A splendid time was had by all. :D :D :D

Action pix to be posted ASAP...

Mikeenh
05-17-2003, 02:51 PM
RF,
We finished up at around 3:00. I was impressed with the difference of fine tuning on the Dyno. The car felt smoother and a little zippier on the way home. It was great putting a face to the names I see on MM.net all the time. After you left a seventh Marauder showed up just to watch. I've had my MM for 11 months and have driven 15,000 miles. This is the first time I have seen another (got to see 6 today) MM that was not on a car lot.
Thanks Ford Chip.

RF.....Your wife showed us your pj's with the feet....COOL!;)

jgc61sr2002
05-17-2003, 03:21 PM
Waiting for MartyO's report. Sounds like you folks had a good day.:coolman:

TAF
05-17-2003, 03:52 PM
taking delivery all over again....aint it?

drkknight196
05-19-2003, 08:35 PM
How could the rest of us get in on this Ford DynoTune deal? Is there a schedule with locations? How much do they charge? What happens to our RPCs when they reflash?

MN6
05-20-2003, 12:45 PM
I will tell you this I need to get my V-1 back into the MM ASAP. It's like having a 4 door Corvette. You will have to check with Ford Chips to see what their schedule is for the rest of the year. They are now doing the EEC re-burn from a Laptop, no need to take your EEC out of the Car!! Ye Ha. The laptop re-burn left a detonation in the mid range so some of us had them burn the changes on the RPC Chip and include a Valet setting, slick. RF is still looking for his Chip, me thinks he hid it in his PJ's.