PDA

View Full Version : What the?

SWOOSH
08-19-2006, 06:04 PM
Has anyone else experience some strange sounds coming from under the hood when starting their vehicles (something electrical or something)?

SergntMac
08-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Can you be more descriptive of "strange"? Could be a lot of "normal" sounds, but the first one I thought of, is the air suspension compressor.

You can test this just by going to "ignition" and not starting the engine. The air compressor should/could wake up an a few seconds to top off the air ride.

jdando
08-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Sometimes my AC belt/compressor kinda makes a "bratt/arrnt" sound. It is a mechanical sound, not electrical. Do a search for sounds of death thread. That has sounds when you turn your car off.

jeremy

merc6
08-27-2006, 01:11 PM
is it like a "electric humm" sound?

Can you be more descriptive of "strange"? Could be a lot of "normal" sounds, but the first one I thought of, is the air suspension compressor.

You can test this just by going to "ignition" and not starting the engine. The air compressor should/could wake up an a few seconds to top off the air ride.I was thinking that also. I remote start the car and after getting my what appears to be fat butt in, it kicks on. It also emitts vibrations thru the brake pedal.

Bobby Clobber
08-27-2006, 01:17 PM
Fuel Pump ?:confused: