PDA

View Full Version : New Marauder in DC

jasonblair
08-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say hello as my Marauder is new to the area. I moved here from Indiana one year ago to work at the Patent and Trademark Office. Since that time, I've had a 2004 Pontiac GTO.

Well, my aunt is a Ford dealer, and so my dad was able to talk her into selling him her sole Shelby GT500... which he was going to trade his Marauder to her for.

Since my dad's Marauder has a Trilogy unit on it, I decided it would make more sense for me to do a 3-way trade... the GTO to my aunt, the Marauder to me, and the Shelby to my dad.

So there's a new Marauder in town! ;)

It's a Burgundy 2004 with charcoal interior, CD changer, spoiler, and trunk organizer.

As far as the mods: #95 Trilogy with 3.0 pulley, K&N intake, 2 1/2 catback with x-pipe and magnaflow mufflers, resonator delete tips, larger throttle body, rear wheels widened with Nitto 295's, and a custom tune from Lidio in Detroit. The car makes just under 14 lbs of boost... which still amazes me because the LS1 in my GTO would probably have blown up at anything over 7 lbs!

Needless to say this car is A LOT of fun so far! So I thought I'd log on and see what kind of events any of you guys have in the area. Meets, races, etc.

merc
08-30-2006, 01:52 PM
Welcome to the collective. I think we have seen this car in Manassas ?:pimp:

jasonblair
08-30-2006, 01:58 PM
Nope... I was down at Famous Dave's off of Prince William Parkway near Potomac Mills last weekend though. I live in Springfield and work in Alexandria, so I'm usually around the mixing-bowl.

fastblackmerc
08-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Welcome to the site...

BTW it's Dark Torreador Red, aka; "DTR", not burgandy :D

Breadfan
08-30-2006, 02:11 PM
Nope... I was down at Famous Dave's off of Prince William Parkway near Potomac Mills last weekend though. I live in Springfield and work in Alexandria, so I'm usually around the mixing-bowl.
Wow you're right where I am pretty much. Looks like I won't be the only Trilogy prowling the mixing bowl... :)

There is another DTR in Woodbridge that is setup very very similar to your car:

http://www.neuralimpulse.com/cars/DSC_0001001.jpg

That was at Maxon-Dixon dragway in Hagerstown back in March.

His son (Chris I believe) is on these boards. That car is in the 11s last I heard.

jasonblair
08-30-2006, 02:15 PM
Welcome to the site...

BTW it's Dark Torreador Red, aka; "DTR", not burgandy :D"A rose by any other name...."

My favorite color is burgundy... why would I want to own a RED car, when BURGUNDY is my favorite color? ;)

The car is burgundy.

jasonblair
08-30-2006, 02:19 PM
That was at Maxon-Dixon dragway in Hagerstown back in March.

His son (Chris I believe) is on these boards. That car is in the 11s last I heard.Nice! My wife teaches in Frederick, so we are thinking of moving to Hagerstown next year. I get work from home with the PTO pretty soon. (Plus, being from Indiana, where $300k buys you a 4000 sq ft all brick house with a pool, there's no way I can bring myself to buy anything near DC.)

So what all drag strips are in the area? And which ones are good? My dad and I used to live about 1/2 mile from Indianapolis Raceway Park, but on their street legal days, they did NO track prep, and the times were notoriously slow. I'd be interested to see what ET's I could get at a well-prepped track around here. How is the one in Hagerstown? Is it 1/4 mile or 1/8? What other tracks are there?

RoyLPita
08-30-2006, 03:32 PM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site and your new "fly" ride.

Joe Walsh
08-30-2006, 03:48 PM
Welcome aboard!

Join us at the next CAMmer meeting. (Capitol Area Marauders)

Nearest tracks are:

Capitol Raceway in Crofton, Md. (1/4 mile)
Mason Dixon Raceway in Hagerstown, Md. (1/4 mile)
Cecil County Raceway in Northeast, Md. (1/4 mile)
Maryland Int'l Raceway in Budds Creek, Md. (1/4 mile)
SumerDuck Raceway west of Stafford, Va. (1/4 mile)

junior
08-30-2006, 03:48 PM
"A rose by any other name...."

My favorite color is burgundy... why would I want to own a RED car, when BURGUNDY is my favorite color? ;)

The car is burgundy.

Burgundy.......NOT :flamer:

Have you seen it when the sun hits it just right...RED

Bluerauder
08-30-2006, 05:10 PM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say hello as my Marauder is new to the area.
Hey, you're in Springfield. You should have checked in last week and you could have convoyed up to the Maryland car show on Saturday with 3 of us.

Check out the Capitol Area Marauders (CAM) forum for info on most of the Marauder gatherings in this area. Great group of folks all over the MM.Net.

BTW - welcome :welcome1: to the MM.Net and Happy Maraudering.

BTW2 - STAP didn't make any "Burgundy" Marauders. Ask anyone here !! They be D.T.R. officially, formally and any which way. Burgundy is some kinda wine ain't it? :rofl:

jonroe
08-31-2006, 03:59 AM
Welcome to the DC area! I have a DTR Marauder as well and I'm over on the northwest side of town near Herndon. May see you soon.

Jon

DEFYANT
08-31-2006, 04:48 AM
Welcome to the CAM!

Dont let your dad take the MM back when he realizes he made a mistake. :D

jasonblair
08-31-2006, 09:47 AM
Welcome aboard!

Join us at the next CAMmer meeting. (Capitol Area Marauders)

Nearest tracks are:

Capitol Raceway in Crofton, Md. (1/4 mile)
Mason Dixon Raceway in Hagerstown, Md. (1/4 mile)
Cecil County Raceway in Northeast, Md. (1/4 mile)
Maryland Int'l Raceway in Budds Creek, Md. (1/4 mile)
SumerDuck Raceway west of Stafford, Va. (1/4 mile)That's a lot of tracks! So how would you rank them? Taking into account track prep, cost to go, etc.? What nights do they have open drags?

Breadfan
08-31-2006, 10:33 AM
I primarily go to Mason-Dixon, mainly becuase I go with the local Mustang club from time to time. Capitol isn't too bad, but it gets VERY busy and I heard rumors of people things disappearing in the pits while they were staging...just rumors as far as I know.

Never been to Cecil or MIR myself.

SummerDuck...isn't that 1/8th mile?

Capitol is pretty close by, I've been there and we had a good time that morning. Mason-Dixon is further away but it's a nice ride early in the AM and a nice area the track is in.

merc
08-31-2006, 11:18 AM
That's a lot of tracks! So how would you rank them? Taking into account track prep, cost to go, etc.? What nights do they have open drags?

That's a hard question to answer. Most of it depends on your home location and what you are attempting to do at the track. You really need to figure out that question by attending some events. C.A.M. my have another mini met a Capitol Raceway in the next 30 days. MIR Ford Fever Classic is Oct. 21-22. Or just check the web.

jasonblair
08-31-2006, 01:41 PM
Most of it depends on your home location and what you are attempting to do at the track. I am attempting to go as fast as I can, of course! ;)

merc
08-31-2006, 01:48 PM
I am attempting to go as fast as I can, of course! ;) Fast will buy you a time slip. Consistency will win you a trophy :burnout:

Bluerauder
08-31-2006, 02:09 PM
Fast will buy you a time slip. Consistency will win you a trophy :burnout:
Half-fast will get you a timeslip too. I have 6 of 'em !! :laugh:

Big House
08-31-2006, 06:49 PM
Welcome into the fold...and the way it looks Blue and I will have the last N/A Marauders.

merc6
09-02-2006, 06:03 PM
running with a full gas tank also gets you timeslips!

sweetair
09-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Good job on the three way, swap that is. Nice set up. I am thinking about the exhaust, 3.0, focus fuel pump as well. The Lidio tune is a given. Just to find the time to get there. Welcome aboard.

merc6
09-02-2006, 10:41 PM
track is the perfetct place to re tune a few thing like shiftpoints.

jasonblair
09-04-2006, 10:22 AM
So far that is my biggest complaint about the car... if I'm driving down 495, and decide to punch it, the car seems a little unsure about what gear to shift into. It takes over a full second from hitting the gas to acceleration. Programming the shiftpoints would definitely be a big help, I think.

Commodore Crap
09-04-2006, 05:36 PM
yes. by the way, did i mention that i live about ONE MILE from Capitol Raceway. and if we do set up a meet there in october, maybe we could go bbq/grill at my house afterwards or somethin. just an idea. im throwin it oot there. eh?

CRUZTAKER
09-04-2006, 05:44 PM
So far that is my biggest complaint about the car... if I'm driving down 495, and decide to punch it, the car seems a little unsure about what gear to shift into. It takes over a full second from hitting the gas to acceleration. Programming the shiftpoints would definitely be a big help, I think.

Make sure you kick OFF the OD button before doing this. If cruising...be in 3rd for WOT. Keep your tranny happy.;)

:welcome:

Hagerstown track has been very good to me.

NATEHAWK
09-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Welcome man I havent had the chance to make a CAM meet yet but the next one count me in..My work schedule just be crazy ...