PDA

View Full Version : LEO in a Taurus?

baltimoremm
09-01-2006, 07:52 AM
Saw something today that I thought was a little fishy.
On 695 outer loop at the York road exit, this brown taurus comes up on the right shoulder w/ blue and reds flashing and pulls over this car. When the car stops, two guys jump out, from what i saw appeared to be unarmed, and the driver was wearing a black t-shirt that said "security". Traffic started moving again as they approached the car, so I didnt get to see much else. No markings on the taurus
I thought it looked kind of strange so I called the state police to check it out just to be on the safe side.
Has anyone seen any LEO driving taurus's in our area?

Haggis
09-01-2006, 08:36 AM
No, but I have seen a mini-van on I-270 with red and blues flashing pull someone over.

jasonblair
09-01-2006, 08:39 AM
You can't tell me tickets are not solely about revenue when states have unmarked cars. If it was really about safety, they'd be patrolling in high-visibility cars to slow people down.

merc
09-01-2006, 09:14 AM
You can't tell me tickets are not solely about revenue when states have unmarked cars. If it was really about safety, they'd be patrolling in high-visibility cars to slow people down.

Here is high-visibility in your county amd they write a ton of speeding ticket per month.
http://patriot.net/~cary/fairfaxunderground/cop1.jpg
http://patriot.net/~cary/fairfaxunderground/cop2.jpg
http://patriot.net/~cary/fairfaxunderground/FCPD_camaro.jpg

TAF
09-01-2006, 09:31 AM
I always say....

An LEO sitting out in the middle of a median makes everyone slow down and is actually interested in your safety...

An LEO hiding "in the bushes" is just lookin' for revenue.

As for the Taurus...you sure it wasn't a/the "Sheriff"....:lol: :lol: :lol:

RoNiN77
09-01-2006, 09:33 AM
Those are probably vehicles seized for drug-related activity. Our agency has a lifted GMC, an H2, H3, Escalade and a Magnum that were all seized for drug or illegal alien smuggling. As far as unmarked units, if you get stopped I would HIGHLY suggest that you pull over off the freeway and in an area that is public and well-lit. Real police officers should also have their badges and firearms displayed unless they are under cover. Either way, when you get stopped they should immediately identify themselves and their department. Anyway, I could go on and on. The best thing to do is contact your local PD and ask them. The info may be useful to them.

DEFYANT
09-01-2006, 09:55 AM
:rolleyes: :bs: :blah: :loco: :argh:

.....bunch of conspiricy theorists.

Here:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Defyant/tkim0469.jpg

:D

G-Man
09-01-2006, 09:56 AM
No, but I have seen a mini-van on I-270 with red and blues flashing pull someone over.

Aaww c'mon Gordon! I'm running out of cars.:lol:

ctrlraven
09-01-2006, 08:51 PM
I've seen it before, it's a gold SE or SES model with the painted aluminum wheels. I guess its an undercover car. The craziest unmarked car I have seen was a gold 86 new yorker, from what I found out months later on it has a 240hp turbo engine in it lol. When cops did a drug bust a few houses down from mine I saw a Durango, Avenger and Jeep Liberty all with lights and stuff.

sweetair
09-01-2006, 09:57 PM
On 270, I've seen an Expedition (unmarked) with lights a flashing pulling people over in the middle of the day. Usually around exit 10 or so.

merc6
09-02-2006, 06:08 PM
On 270, I've seen an Expedition (unmarked) with lights a flashing pulling people over in the middle of the day. Usually around exit 10 or so. saw a burgandy or dtr one on 495 pulling people over between exits 7b and 9

Silver durango on 395 occasionaly.

Dark blue crown vic with 5% tint in alexandria that seems to follow me everwhere I go. Longest distance followed after cetching on was 10 miles.

hitchhiker
09-02-2006, 07:28 PM
I always say....

An LEO sitting out in the middle of a median makes everyone slow down and is actually interested in your safety...

An LEO hiding "in the bushes" is just lookin' for revenue.

As for the Taurus...you sure it wasn't a/the "Sheriff"....:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the Sheriff fan club is over at CV Net.

Somebody go over to CV Net and ask them!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: