PDA

View Full Version : Marauders Invited To Saleen Car Show

ShelbyMotorspts
09-02-2006, 01:52 PM
On Saturday September 9th Saleen is having a car show where the Marauders are welcome to attend.

Saleen is located in the city of Irvine right near where the 5 & 405 freeways meet.

http://www.saleen.com/events_2006_carshow.htm

Besides the car show Saleen just recently opened up a retail store that not only sells performance parts but they can also install them. Besides the go-fast parts they also have the usual hats, t-shirts, jackets, posters but I'm sure most of you are more interested in the go-fast parts.

http://www.saleen.com/events_store_grand_opening.htm

Any of you SoCal folks interested in going?

Steve

Eric91Z
09-02-2006, 02:47 PM
I wished I lived out there as I would definitely be up for that. While their stuff is pricey, I like their vehicles a lot.

ShelbyMotorspts
09-03-2006, 12:51 PM
I wished I lived out there as I would definitely be up for that. While their stuff is pricey, I like their vehicles a lot.

If you think Saleen stuff is pricey try going to Gale Banks for diesel parts :D

In the Saleen store they are supposed to have a brand new S-7 cut in half where you can walk right down the middle of the car. I think Ford had a GT(40) like this. The car is cut right in half going thru the engine, the dash, the tranny, the gas tank and on and on.

It's like a laser beam just cut the car in half. They take the time to split the supercharger, radio, driveshaft, just a straight cut staight down the center.

Steve

Eric91Z
09-03-2006, 01:33 PM
If you think Saleen stuff is pricey try going to Gale Banks for diesel parts :D

In the Saleen store they are supposed to have a brand new S-7 cut in half where you can walk right down the middle of the car. I think Ford had a GT(40) like this. The car is cut right in half going thru the engine, the dash, the tranny, the gas tank and on and on.

It's like a laser beam just cut the car in half. They take the time to split the supercharger, radio, driveshaft, just a straight cut staight down the center.

Steve

Sometimes you pay for the name, some times you pay for quality, some times for both. I think if I had a diesel it would be loaded with Bully Dog parts...

Aonghus
09-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Maybe if I had a mustang.

JACook
09-07-2006, 10:52 AM

The car is actually an S281 Mustang. An S-7 would be even cooler, but it's still a really cool sight. Like you say,
it's cut right down the middle, engine, gearbox, radio, the whole deal. They also have additional cutaway portions
showing the suspension and brakes. Worth the trek to Irvine Spectrum all by itself.

And they do have an uncut S-7 in the showroom.

Anyways, looks like I need to get Blue spiffed up for Saturday!