PDA

View Full Version : Brakes!?!?!?!?!

RoNiN77
09-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Any suggestions on what type/brand of brakes to get? I suppose to upgrade the system I'll need calipers, rotors and pads. Anything else??? Thanks again for all of the help!!!:beer:

RF Overlord
09-02-2006, 02:52 PM
I highly recommend the Wilwoods from TCE (vendor here)...check out Todd's forum and his website.

jdando
09-02-2006, 04:16 PM
I recommend Wilwoods from TCE also.

jeremy

Hotrauder
09-02-2006, 04:22 PM
As would I. I don't have them but wish I did. The other choice is Baer from another vendor here. Trilogy. Brakes ...the only mod so far that I regret. The OEM's I took off were better than what I have now. Mods that have to be redone differently. bummer. Dennis:(

Gre8one7
09-02-2006, 08:23 PM
How much are the TCE brakes? I will need some front here real soon along with front tires.

sweetair
09-02-2006, 08:25 PM
I have the Baer's. Quite satisfied. I like the Wilwoods as well. I think they are a little pricier (sp). It is a good mod to do regardless. Goodluck.

SergntMac
09-03-2006, 09:54 AM
My #1x has the original "BaerClaw" mod from Baer, and they are great. It gets expensive, but Baers are worth it.

My #3 has the EBC rotor/pad upgrade from Reinhart, and likewise a delightful upgrade from OEM, without breaking the budget.

Wilwood has a great rep in the industry, but I have not driven on them.

gonzo50
09-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Any suggestions on what type/brand of brakes to get? I suppose to upgrade the system I'll need calipers, rotors and pads. Anything else??? Thanks again for all of the help!!!:beer:
I got the EBC kit from Dennis Reinhart which is a complete kit, rotors, pads, SS Lines. It's a direct replacement from the stock brakes.
The feel and look are great over stock. I would recommend this kit to anyone.:bows: