PDA

View Full Version : Another exhaust thread

BlownBlass
09-03-2006, 03:21 AM
Is this the right header for our cars? If so does anyone know of any fitment issues other than running custom pipes beyond the collectors? My main concerns are bolting to the head and clearance. I am trying to prep for my soon to be NOS setup with 4:30 gears and underdrive pulley's. Would you reccomend shorty's, mids or full's? How about the throttle body or injectors should I upgrade these as well?

BlownBlass
09-06-2006, 02:44 AM
anybody got anything on this?

Rider90
09-06-2006, 03:47 AM
Post deleted by me

KillJoy
09-06-2006, 05:33 AM
You are going to get as many opinions as there are options.

Your options for aftermarket exhausts are as follows:

Kooks
Stainless Works
Dennis Reinhart's Cobra Exhaust
Possibly a Cobra Shortie Header w/ a Cobra X-Pipe

There is also the possibility of having your own custom exhaust fabricated b an exhaust pro.

I may have left someone out... if I did.... I'm sure someone will chime in and help out.

Good luck on your decision!

KillJoy

BlownBlass
09-07-2006, 05:50 PM
How about the header? I am aware of the available options through our supporting vendors. I'm looking for something different.

TAF
09-07-2006, 06:19 PM
How about the header? I am aware of the available options through our supporting vendors. I'm looking for something different.

I've watched this thread for nearly 5 days now...I still don't know/see what header it is you want an opinion on.....:confused:

KillJoy
09-07-2006, 06:35 PM

Please see this post: :rolleyes:

You are going to get as many opinions as there are options.

Your options for aftermarket exhausts are as follows:

Kooks
Stainless Works
Dennis Reinhart's Cobra Exhaust
Possibly a Cobra Shortie Header w/ a Cobra X-Pipe

There is also the possibility of having your own custom exhaust fabricated b an exhaust pro.

I may have left someone out... if I did.... I'm sure someone will chime in and help out.

Good luck on your decision!

KillJoy

KillJoy

TAF
09-07-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm so confused...my head hurts. Am I missing something here? I'll be glad to offer any help I can...but...uh...what the hell is he talking about??!! I thought you'd answered him pretty thoroughly....Advil...where's my Advil....

merc
09-07-2006, 07:00 PM

Taf, if you read carefully he states "I'm looking for something different" Their is a prize in the crackerjack box.:pimp:

I'm so confused...my head hurts. Am I missing something here? I'll be glad to offer any help I can...but...uh...what the hell is he talking about??!! I thought you'd answered him pretty thoroughly....Advil...where's my Advil....

check your personal messages, I sent you some Advil

TAF
09-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Taf, if you read carefully he states "I'm looking for something different" Their is a prize in the crackerjack box.:pimp:

Thanks for the "super-secret decoder ring" my friend.

My :confused: was the initial post...

Is this the right header for our cars?

Is WHAT the right header for our cars....I don't see no X...is there a picture somewhere?

I tell you what BlownBlass...give me a call at the shop tomorrow...I'll help in any way possible 770.426.0763.

BlownBlass
09-08-2006, 03:16 AM
I've watched this thread for nearly 5 days now...I still don't know/see what header it is you want an opinion on.....:confused:

Okay apparently the header and the link went missing. Sorry, It was a hooker long tube for 99-04 cobra. what about the questions in the rest of the post? Reccomendations?

SergntMac
09-08-2006, 04:11 AM
As told to me by Kenny Brown and Mike Cotrell, Hooker was the first to develop a set of headers for the Marauder back in 2002. They fit three different sets on my #1x while it was in Kenny Brown development. Shorty, mid length and traditional full length, and all showed basically the same results over the stock exhaust system, 30 to 45 RWHP and 30-40 RWTQ gains.

The cost was very high for headers, 2400 bucks a set for headers alone. By the time you add finishing touches with a custom OD exhaust pipe, high flow cats, X pipe, mufflers and labor, the tab grew to over 3500 bucks, and Kenny dropped the mod from the base Marauder S package, but kept it available as an option

For a while, Sean Hyland offered the Hookers, but added his own cover charge and I do not recall anyone buying them. When Hyland found something cheaper from Kook's, the word got around and we bought directly from Kook's.

You want something different than what has been suggested by KillJoy? It's you're money, dude. But, the main reason we have these option to pick from today, is that they work and don't cost your first born male child.

The least expensive is the Ford Racing shorties for the '03-'04 Mustang Cobra, but you have to fabricate the remaining exhaust system. The DR Cobra manifold kit is next in costs and it performs very well, and it's a complete kit installing in under two hours with hand tools. Next are mid length Kook's headers and then the full length from StainlessWorks, both available in full kits. All have good bang for the buck, good luck.