LincMercLover
05-19-2003, 08:33 PM
Where to fella's?:burnout: :banana2:

Constable
05-19-2003, 08:38 PM
PA!

TAF
05-19-2003, 08:42 PM
just do the math on the mileage...K-Vegas makes the most sense.

No offense BigDog or LML...I'm sure you'd be fine hosts.

Where's Fordnut, our proposed Knoxville host? He out driving both of his Marauders?

LincMercLover
05-19-2003, 08:43 PM
Should I put him down as host on Knoxville?

TAF
05-19-2003, 08:46 PM
Yeah...let's do it without his permission...hell, the bastage has TWO Marauders.

And "Central Ohio"? Whose that host going to be? CRUZTAKER?

I sure hope the TX boys don't show up for his sake:lol::lol:

Bigdogjim
05-19-2003, 09:31 PM
Ok !:confused: What did I miss:help: How did we wind up in Vega$:confused:

TAF
05-19-2003, 09:39 PM
Knoxville = "KnoxVegas" , BD...

I can get you in a dice game there, if you'd like? With an Elvis impersonator, no doubt...

True story here (that I can tell because I'm from East Tennessee)

I met a guy once who said "I'm related to Dolly, ya know"

"Really" I replied...."Yeah" he said, "More so on my daddy's side than on my momma's" :confused: :help: :lol::lol:

mad man
05-20-2003, 03:53 AM
Lot's to choose from might need more than one road trip:D I like the smokeys but pa can work for me to:cool: does the first weekend of october work:rolleyes:

CRUZTAKER
05-20-2003, 05:31 AM
Not here....

But how about Hotlanta?

CRUZTAKER
05-20-2003, 05:33 AM
Serious tho, we have never been to Hershey, PA . Sounds close.

Paul T. Casey
05-20-2003, 05:58 AM
Heck, gas is cheap, I need to burn up some warrantee, I'll go darn near anywhere!

Long Live #3
05-20-2003, 07:47 AM
Why don't you guys stop over at my house?

Bigdogjim
05-20-2003, 10:08 PM
OK! Now is the time to speak:help:

Is this going to happen:confused:

Who's in :confused:

ps I am 2 hours from Hershey, Pa.

mad man
05-21-2003, 04:04 AM
:up: :rock: :bounce: :pimp: :banana: :beer: :bows: If i don't say anything i can't get in trouble. But i think you know what i am trying to say.

martyo
05-21-2003, 05:35 AM
PA is looking good. Let's start talking dates....

TAF you better show up or we'll come down there and put a whoopin' on ya!!

jrzygrl
05-21-2003, 06:10 AM
PA sounds good, haven't been to Hershey since I was a kid.
Don't know if I can make it with Husbands race schedule, but, set a date and I'll see. (The only blue one in the crowd?)

rla
05-22-2003, 04:12 AM
The Ford Carlisle is in a couple of weeks why not there

Thanks John

jgc61sr2002
05-22-2003, 06:15 AM
BigDog Jim - Hershey sounds great. John:D

MMM2003
05-22-2003, 06:26 AM
Alright,
looks like we are getting enough people interested for a Roadtrip to PA.
Who wants to take the lead from here? BDJ, since you offered to host, would you want to start looking at the calendar and throw out some dates, that would work for you? (Maybe have LML start another Poll, this seems to work the best.)

IMO, with 13 people interested in PA, after picking a date and other schedules, priorities which may arise, we will probably have 5 maybe 6 MM taking part in the Roadtrip.

Let's get going fellas.

rla
05-23-2003, 04:13 AM
Hi guys

How about Carlisle Ford show in a couple of weeks.
John

mad man
05-23-2003, 04:40 AM
Hay pete the east coast bunch like meet's. I think it will be a good turn out .:D ( John to soon for me)

martyo
05-23-2003, 04:49 AM
I am still in.

My first choice on dates would be the weekend of 9/27 and 9/28, plus the days before or days after. I belive these dates are good for Mac.

How 'bout it guys?

SergntMac
05-24-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by martyo
I am still in. My first choice on dates would be the weekend of 9/27 and 9/28. How 'bout it guys?

Ditto...dates work for me, I'm in, what now?

martyo
05-24-2003, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by SergntMac
Ditto...dates work for me, I'm in, what now?

Ok guys that's two of us who can confirm for the 9/27-9/28 dates. Everyone who is interested, please let us know. Then we will divvy up the leg work and get it all set up.

If you don't come, you will be missing out. Trust me, I have probably met as many or more of the MM owners as anyone else on this site. I can confirm that this is a great bunch of guys and I will assure you that a meet like this will be a blast.

CRUZTAKER
05-24-2003, 10:24 AM
Sept. is Good.

SergntMac
05-24-2003, 11:26 AM
Just to be fair, any chance we can open this poll again and change it to a choice between Hershey or Ennis?

martyo
05-24-2003, 11:29 AM
Is the Ennis thing on the same weekend? If so, we can readily change the dates for Hershey. I do not want one event to canabilize the participants from the other. Believe me, I would really love to go to Texas, it's just that work will not permit that trip, unless my boss fires me.

mad man
05-24-2003, 02:18 PM
It's the week before Martin . And i don't think any of the one's going to pa were going to texas two .Hope you had a good trip home.

martyo
05-24-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by mad man
It's the week before Martin . And i don't think any of the one's going to pa were going to texas two .Hope you had a good trip home.

I did. Thanks again for the T-shirt! I am wearing it today. By the way, did your wife like the Fried Calamari?

mad man
05-24-2003, 02:29 PM
I am like you she be a girl friend .And yes she did she said to say thanks .So are we on for the road trip can't wait . I will be seeing the chicago bunch for lunch. Will get more input :D

FordNut
05-24-2003, 03:31 PM
OK, I'm just now getting around to reading this. So I was in the process of being volunteered to host a get-together! Well I am from the Volunteer State... Truthfully, just outside of Knoxville in Pigeon Forge would have been a great place to have a meeting, but it sounds like we've already got 2 places to be. Based on my talks with Todd at breakfast this morning, I think the PA one should be called a regional and the TX one should be called a national meet. And have them one week apart so if anybody from the midwest region wants to attend both they can. Plus it will give you lots to talk about at the second meeting. Maybe the Smokey Mountains of East TN will be a good place for a meeting next fall!

CRUZTAKER
05-24-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by SergntMac
Just to be fair, any chance we can open this poll again and change it to a choice between Hershey or Ennis?

Hey MAC:

For those of us (and if I am the only one-shame on ME) who are no longer on the same page.....

Where is this place "ENNIS" ? You guys have to elaborate for those of us who don't follow the meet scene.

I looked on the map, there are several cities called ENNIS. And god forbid, one is in Texas. If this is the one you speak of, how did this thread go from Knoxville (cool) and Hershey (cool) to a thousand mile south west to texas?? There is already a Texas thread for those willing to go to to that state.

Elaborate, please.....

TAF
05-24-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
And god forbid, one is in Texas.

Yep...that's the one.

CRUZTAKER
05-24-2003, 11:51 PM
...alrighty then.

Thanks for the heads-up Tod.

SergntMac
05-26-2003, 02:40 PM
I've taken more than a few telephone calls over this holiday weekend, exchanging concerns over the National meet in Texas, and our Midwest/East Coast meet in Hershey, PA. Right now, they are planned one week apart.

I DO want this PA meet to happen, and I'm hoping for a good showing from both the Midwest and east Coast crews. Everyone is welcome to join in, if you're reading this, you're invited.

In order to make this work, perhaps we should consider moving the date back a bit, to put some space between the events that would allow anyone who wanted to make both events a bit more comfortable in accomplishing that.

So...What do y'all think? Move the date?

Let's see some hands on dates, and attendence, eh?

WolfeBros
05-26-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
And god forbid, one is in Texas.

Still working on your people skills I see Cruztaker.
I for one hope you never lay another foot in Texas. I let the first one pass. Strike two and your out with me pal. There just isn't any reason for it.

MM03MOK
05-26-2003, 03:06 PM
How about the Columbus Day weekend (Oct. 11-13)?

Many have that Monday off anyway. The weather should still be decent. As long as we book our activities ahead of time, we'll be able to do what we want.

The idea in spacing the two events further apart will hopefully allow those looking to attend both, sufficient time in between. Some may choose one over the other anyway.

May I suggest refining the poll with 3 weeks in between events. Moderator?? Please call it "Texas/Pennsylvania Meets - Fall 2003"

1) Texas (Natl. Meet)
2) PA (Midwest/East Coast Meet)
2) Both

Bigdogjim
05-26-2003, 03:06 PM
I am so :confused:

Where are we going:help:

When are we going:help:

Who's going where:confused: :help:

I think we start about 10 more threads:P :alone:

ps: How about a few more polls:confused:

Bigdogjim
05-26-2003, 04:29 PM
OK! Hershey is still on for those who can not make Texas or those of you that feel it is too far.

What we need to do is pick a new date..

Texas is Sept. 19-21.

Somebody start..

Thanks

MMM2003
05-26-2003, 05:40 PM
Here are my $.02,

I think that the two events are far enough apart (distance/miles), that the ones considering the PA event most likley would not consider the TX event anyway. Therefore I personally do not see any problem. I don't remember seeing people from between TX and PA signing up for the PA event. Even if someone did, they have to decide for themselves, where they want to go and what fits their budget and schedule.

I'm sure that the event in TX will be a great thing and I wish I could go there, but it is just too far to go for an extended weekend. Most lileky there will be a lot of MM owners represented there from the West coast and south.

In conclusion, I say that we continue with the intially proposed date for PA of Sept. 27/28.

CRUZTAKER
05-26-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by WolfeBros
Still working on your people skills I see Cruztaker.
I for one hope you never lay another foot in Texas. I let the first one pass. Strike two and your out with me pal. There just isn't any reason for it.

Nice...PM's work as well, read yours please, sir.

martyo
05-26-2003, 07:02 PM
Before this thread gets closed in a bar room brawl, I figure I will chime in on dates: I am planning on doing Texas (will fly there)and Hershey (will drive there--OK, I will be flying low). I am still good for the late September dates, but would be amendable to moving it a few weeks later (I like the Columbus weekend, as my Birthday is right around the corner, so I have an excuse to get myself out of the house). Bottom line is I can go after the last weekend in September, but not before. Tell me when and where and I will do my best to be there.

LincMercLover
05-27-2003, 07:32 AM
Geez... I step away for the weekend and you all go nuts! Someone PM me about what you all want to do with this "meeting" stuff, K? :confused: