PDA

View Full Version : SSHS6 - Are the Marauders coming?

Pages : [1] 2

LeadSSled
09-04-2006, 02:36 PM
Forgive me if this post is in the wrong section, but I could not find an "Events" section and saw a couple other racing event threads in here.

Last year at SSHS5 (Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout 5) the Marauders showed up in force. I believe that there were nearly 30 of you folks. The Marauders looked good, sounded great, and raced well. And if my observations are accurate, at least some of you had a pretty good time. I heard many comments that the Marauders would return this year and plans to bring even more of them

SSHS6 is scheduled for Saturday November 4th at Atlanta Dragway. The welcome mat is down and we would love to see a great showing from the Marauders. But as of today, only 6 Maruaders have registered for the event. While perusing your forum, I have seen lots of mention about people attending, but only 6 have registered to date. I was a little concerned that the Marauders might actually out-number the Impalas this year, Now I don't think that there is much danger in that happening (that was a thinly veiled challenge ;) ). We are all in the same fraternity here - the "big car guys & gals". You will be pleased with the hospitality from the Bowtie B-body crowd as we consider you allies and not adversaries.

So are the Marauders going to show up in force this year???? Who's going to be there? Take the plunge and register now. This will be one of the funnest events that you attend this year.
SSHS6 Website (http://www.sshs6.com/index.html)

Terry Kehne
Knoxville, TN

martyo
09-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Terry: We don't need to outnumber the Impalas, we just need to be faster. And I plan on making sure we got that covered. :D

LeadSSled
09-04-2006, 03:03 PM
Martin - Now that's the kind of talk I like to hear! Thanks for registering early - it helps us to have some working capital to get the event moving. So how many "friends" you bringing with you this year? Let's get them signed up!

You sure have me covered. I just hope to squeak into the 11s with the new motor this year (all N/A). But I think you'll have to bring better than a 10.63 car to take the big dog title. I wish you luck though. If you can get another half second out of her, you probably have a shot at the brass ring.

Terry

shakes_26
09-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Yeah I'm coming up that way again, and we'll be packing some more heat this year. I loved beating down those slick tired, open exhaust 13 second B-boats!!!!

Seriously, we were really well received last year and hopefully this year we can bring some of the mudslides for the after hours Hampton Inn party!!

I wish we could tie in some auto-X or open track days with you guys too, that would be AWESOME!!!!

martyo
09-04-2006, 03:28 PM
Martin - Now that's the kind of talk I like to hear! Thanks for registering early - it helps us to have some working capital to get the event moving. So how many "friends" you bringing with you this year? Let's get them signed up!

You sure have me covered. I just hope to squeak into the 11s with the new motor this year (all N/A). But I think you'll have to bring better than a 10.63 car to take the big dog title. I wish you luck though. If you can get another half second out of her, you probably have a shot at the brass ring.

Terry

Thanks Terry! I hope to have a little more on the table this year.

Some of my friends may be bringing non-heavy weight cars to run in the all day class. Heck, I may be bringing one of my Foxes if I haven't brought it back up here to NY by then.

The guys from my camp are looking forward to seeing you guys!

merc
09-04-2006, 03:39 PM
I have shot Deer and ate venison, but what does Impala SS taste like with bow-tie sauce ? :lol: Some members tell me Impala taste like chicken :argue:. I guess I will have to come to Atlanta to find out. :pimp: A 10 hour drive seems like a long ways to go just to eat dinner.

martyo
09-04-2006, 04:05 PM
A 10 hour drive seems like a long ways to go just to eat dinner.

But then again, you can eat all the waffle house you want! :D

jimlam56
09-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Have reservations at the Hampton already for that weekend.
If my schedule works out, I will be there, although maybe in a rental car...:D

Bigdogjim
09-04-2006, 05:08 PM
A 10 hour drive seems like a long ways to go just to eat dinner.

I have driven longer just for an oil change:)

Marauderman
09-04-2006, 05:36 PM
Its just too bad its a week before MMIV----hard to do both back to back----I'll be at one for sure --can't do both-----care to guess?....Tom

TAF
09-04-2006, 05:38 PM
Its just too bad its a week before MMIV----hard to do both back to back----I'll be at one for sure --can't do both-----care to guess?....Tom

It had BETTER be SSHS6, my friend!

Glenn
09-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Honestly, I am very much looking forward to SSHS6 since my major upgrade and several minor ones. Many Impalas will be surprised by the number of fast MM taking the win in November. The Big Dog class is a lead pipe lock for the MM this year. We should have three 10 second cars and several strong low 11's at the event.

Let's get registered fellows. It is a great and fun event. Where can you run 3-4 times an hour on the 1/4 track. I ran 11 times last year and had a blast.

Glenn

Tallboy
09-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Anyone who's even thinking about doing this should do it. I'll be there again this year. It was great getting to hang out with my A-T-L brothers, and the Impala guys put on a great show and treated us like old friends. The track is only about a mile from the host hotel, and both facilities are first class. Looking forward to this...:)

LeadSSled
09-04-2006, 05:47 PM
I wish we could tie in some auto-X or open track days with you guys too, that would be AWESOME!!!!

Now THAT would be cool. That's my thing anyway. Although I do drag race a few times per year, and the SSHS events are a "must", my car is set up for the twisty stuff. You are much more likely to find this taxi cab on a road course or at an autocross event than at the drag strip. A high-11 or low-12 second pass all-motor isn't too bad for a 4200 lb. road racing machine, is it? :D

Martyo - Bring all the friends and cars that you can muster. Sign 'em up early. We can use the entrants and the cash flow. And yes, the Waffle House sometime after 2AM is a time-honored tradition at SSHS.

Merc - You don't know what Impala with bowtie sauce tastes like, cause nobody in the Marauder camp has caught the fastest one before. You might ask your Lincoln buddies as they have accomplished this in the past. Come take a shot! You may be the first in the Marauder camp to take home the Big Dog trophy. But you gotta show, and play, to win. ;)

JimLam56 - You won't be the only participant in the Rental racing camp. We have a couple of guys that fly in from Cali every year to play in rentals. Make sure that you pick a full-size RWD rental so that you can play for a trophy in the brackets. That means a Chrysler 300, Clown Vic, or Marquis.

MarauderTJA
09-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Hi Terry,

Already registered. # 68 - Procharger #2 Marauder will be packing a little more RHWP this time around. As well as with some of our other Marauder brothers. You Impala guys are going to be just a little surprised this year:D. Lookng forward to seeing all you guys once again.

TOM

TAF
09-04-2006, 05:54 PM
That means a Chrysler 300, Clown Vic, or Marquis.

Good (only) Choices....'Cause we ALL know...Chevy don't make no rear(right) wheel drives... :lol: :lol: :lol:

MarauderTJA
09-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Anyone who's even thinking about doing this should do it. I'll be there again this year. It was great getting to hang out with my A-T-L brothers, and the Impala guys put on a great show and treated us like old friends. The track is only about a mile from the host hotel, and both facilities are first class. Looking forward to this...:)

An absolute ditto^^^:D

martyo
09-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Gosh, I just realized this is only two months away. I gotta brush the cob webs off of ol' LK! :D

Glenn
09-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Terry:

One thing that could really enhance this years SHS6 event would be a number of 300C hemis and Charger R/T and other SRT variants showing up to race. I would really push on their web sites for participation. These cars and even the SRTs are over rated and can be easily taken down by a good MM or even an old Impala with some engine work. I don't believe I have ever seen a real 300C hemi or Charger hemi at any event. The addition of these cars might really help attendance. But, I guess after a small 4.6 modular engine tounced a few of the SRTs they probably will not return in 2007.

I and my fellow MM owners would just love to bury a few of these "muscle cars" from Chrysler. But, I doubt they will show because they know the competition will be too strong.

Glenn

LeadSSled
09-04-2006, 06:04 PM
The Big Dog class is a lead pipe lock for the MM this year. We should have three 10 second cars and several strong low 11's at the event.

It may take a little better that that. The Impalas have gotten faster this year too. It's my understanding that Voss Barretta's car built by Combination Motorsports in Las Vegas will be attending. That 4500# car has already run a 9.39 at 149 mph this year.

Tom - It will be good to see you there. And I hope the Marauders do surprise the Impala bunch. It keeps things interesting. Bring as many as you can and bring your "A game". The Impalas aren't getting any slower either. ;)

MarauderTJA
09-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Terry:

One thing that could really enhance this years SHS6 event would be a number of 300C hemis and Charger R/T and other SRT variants showing up to race. I would really push on their web sites for participation. These cars and even the SRTs are over rated and can be easily taken down by a good MM or even an old Impala with some engine work. I don't believe I have ever seen a real 300C hemi or Charger hemi at any event. The addition of these cars might really help attendance. But, I guess after a small 4.6 modular engine tounced a few of the SRTs they probably will not return in 2007.

I and my fellow MM owners would just love to bury a few of these "muscle cars" from Chrysler. But, I doubt they will show because they know the competition will be too strong.

Glenn

Good point Glenn. Maybe we can help them out by offering them free Waffle House breakfasts to show up to race us? :lol:

MarauderTJA
09-04-2006, 06:09 PM
It may take a little better that that. The Impalas have gotten faster this year too. It's my understanding that Voss Barretta's car built by Combination Motorsports in Las Vegas will be attending. That 4500# car has already run a 9.39 at 149 mph this year.

Tom - It will be good to see you there. And I hope the Marauders do surprise the Impala bunch. It keeps things interesting. Bring as many as you can and bring your "A game". The Impalas aren't getting any slower either. ;)

I certainly wouldn't expect any our your guys to get slower. As like last year it will be a great time had by all.:beer: . Can't wait.

LeadSSled
09-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Good (only) Choices....'Cause we ALL know...Chevy don't make no rear(right) wheel drives...

Ain't that the truth. That is why the last GM vehicle I've purchased is the 96 Impala SS. When it came time to replace the wife's minivan this past Spring, we bought a Dodge Magnum R/T. After owning nothing but GM since 1986, the General has nothing for me anymore. I won't be back as a customer unless they start making something that interests me. Well, I would like a Z06...

Glen - I hammered those LX forums for months last year and cnould not get anyone even a little bit excited about the shootout from the Daimler-Chrysler camp. Maybe now that their cars are a year older and some have begun modding, the story will be different. I'll give it another try, but I hope that I'm not wasting my breath. I may make my wife race her Magnum R/T though. It should be good for a 14-second pass.

LeadSSled
09-04-2006, 06:17 PM
I certainly wouldn't expect any our your guys to get slower. As like last year it will be a great time had by all.:beer: . Can't wait.

Exactly. My point is that both the Marauder and Impala enthusiasts have a moving target to aim at. The event promises good times. I can't wait either. :banana2:

And by the way - I thought that your car was the best sounding one from either side there last year

Zack
09-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Im registered!
Hampton was booked solid, guess Ill try for the Holiday inn express across the street.

MarauderTJA
09-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Exactly. My point is that both the Marauder and Impala enthusiasts have a moving target to aim at. The event promises good times. I can't wait either. :banana2:

And by the way - I thought that your car was the best sounding one from either side there last year

Thanks Terry:D , it should sound just a little bit better this year. But I'll wait to what you have to say on that. See you soon my friend. :beer:

martyo
09-04-2006, 06:23 PM
Im registered!
Hampton was booked solid, guess Ill try for the Holiday inn express across the street.

Zack there are a bunch of hotels up there. Let me know if you need info.

Zack
09-04-2006, 06:23 PM
Im gonna be there Friday Morning at the latest.

Zack
09-04-2006, 06:24 PM
Zack there are a bunch of hotels up there. Let me know if you need info.

Marty, I need info, or a great rate on a room
:beer: :beer:

martyo
09-04-2006, 06:25 PM
I may be coming straight from SEMA so my schedule is still up in the air. Anyone know what Jerry is going to do?

LeadSSled
09-04-2006, 06:27 PM
Thanks for registering Zack. Before you give up on the Hampton, try calling and not telling them you are with the Impala group. I know that has worked for some. At least at one time, the block that they were holding for the Impalas was booked, but they had some other rooms available. Some folks got a better rate with a AAA discount than the Impala group rate too. That was a couple of weeks ago, so they may be sold out by now. It's a short stagger from the Holiday Inn Express if you have to go that route.

glassman99
09-04-2006, 06:40 PM
I'll be staying at the HomeStyle Hotel n Braselton. The price was right. Need the extra $$$ for fuel....and go-fast stickers

Glenn
09-04-2006, 06:48 PM
Terry:

It might even help to add several lines to your SSHS6 Home page specifically inviting the Chrysler 300c hemi, Charger R/T hemi, Magum R/T and the SRTs variants. I guess even the Jeep SRT?? You mentioned the Marauders, but not a word on the Chryslers and Dodges. It might help when these boys read the web sites to see a written invitation on SSHS6 welcoming their specific cars. Just some thoughts to boast attendance and interest.

Glenn

LeadSSled
09-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Terry:

It might even help to add several lines to your SSHS6 Home page specifically inviting the Chryster 300c hemi, Charger R/T hemi, Magum R/T and the SRTs variants. I guess even the Jeep SRT?? You mentioned the Marauders, but not a word on the Chrysters and Dodges. It might help when these boys read the web sites to see a written invitation on SSHS6 welcoming their specific cars. Just some thoughts to boast attendance and interest.

Glenn

Good idea Glenn. I'll pass that suggestion on to the webmaster. Probably not the Jeeps though. I believe that "trucks" do not qualify for the trophy classes, but can run in the "run all day" lanes. Thanks for the suggestion.

Paul T. Casey
09-04-2006, 07:34 PM
As of this moment, I'm at 90% sure. When I get to 95%, I'll preregister. My son has also expressed a desire to attend as a spectator. Wants to see if old guys with big cars can have any fun, or an easy way for Dad to spring for an airplane ticket.

bigslim
09-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Last time I talked to Jerry he said he was still going. I won't be making it because I work for sorry company.

I may be coming straight from SEMA so my schedule is still up in the air. Anyone know what Jerry is going to do?

LeadSSled
09-04-2006, 07:44 PM
As of this moment, I'm at 90% sure. When I get to 95%, I'll preregister. My son has also expressed a desire to attend as a spectator. Wants to see if old guys with big cars can have any fun, or an easy way for Dad to spring for an airplane ticket.

Paul - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. ;) BTW, my 23 year-old son will be attending as a spectator too. This will be his 4th event as a spectator and it's on his "must do" list too.

TooManyFords
09-04-2006, 07:48 PM

Let me know where you're staying so I can get one there too!

john

FordNut
09-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Me too, where's the alternate hotel?

shakes_26
09-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Anyone know what Jerry is going to do?

Uh, I'll bite..... kick your slow a$$ bucket to the curb? :D:D

Oh it's official, its on, you been see-erved! ;)
Let the Trash talk commence!!! :beer:

martyo
09-05-2006, 04:40 AM

Last year (and in April for FFW) we stayed at the Ramada Inn Limited because the host hotel was booked. If I recall correctly, the rate was $69.95/night. The telephone number is: 706-335-5191

That's probably where I will stay again this year with my guys.

We will need to figure out the trailer parking situation because we may have the enclosed and an open trailer or two. I sure would like to get some practice in on the Fox body before I bring it back to NY.

Terry: Do you know when they will let us bring our trailers into the track and whether we will be able to leave them there on Friday night?

martyo
09-05-2006, 04:41 AM

Yeah, okay. Jerry has been awful quite lately. I think it is because he is planning ahead and is out buying me my Diet Mountain Dew! :D :beer:

LeadSSled
09-05-2006, 05:03 AM
Terry: Do you know when they will let us bring our trailers into the track and whether we will be able to leave them there on Friday night?

I believe you cannot drop trailers at the track until Saturday morning. In response to several requests, last year we paid extra for security Friday night so that people could leave their trailers there. Know how many took advantage of this? ZERO. It was fairly expensive and I believe that we've opted not to incur that cost this year since nobody used it last year. But I'll try to find out for sure.

martyo
09-05-2006, 05:18 AM
But I'll try to find out for sure.

Thanks! That will help with our planning.

merc
09-05-2006, 06:34 AM

So bye-bye, Mr American bow-tie.
You drove your chevy to the Atlanta,
And the track was dry.
Them good old Marauders boys were drinkin’ whiskey and rye ( Diet Mountain Dew :D )
Singin’, "this’ll be the day that you die.
"This’ll be the day that you die."

I guess I need to register now :shake: and find a bullet proof hotel room.:uzi:

Freshmeat
09-05-2006, 06:35 AM
I'm not in a Marauder, but it's still a Ford product. As long as I can get the current thrashing of parts completed and tuned properly in time, I'll be there.

MarauderTJA
09-05-2006, 06:38 AM
Let me know where you're staying so I can get one there too!

john

Hey John, glad to hear you are going to make it. Are you bringing Prorauder with you?

MarauderTJA
09-05-2006, 06:43 AM

Whoaaa....Marc...that is a pretty big bite there my friend:D .This wouldn't be a roots vrs centrifugal thingy would it:confused: . Humm Marty vrs Jerry and Shakes_26 Vrs Marauder TJA:beer: Marc , I like Vanilla Diet Pepsi..:lol:

MarauderTJA
09-05-2006, 06:48 AM
So bye-bye, Mr American bow-tie.
You drove your chevy to the Atlanta,
And the track was dry.
Them good old Marauders boys were drinkin’ whiskey and rye ( Diet Mountain Dew :D )
Singin’, "this’ll be the day that you die.
"This’ll be the day that you die."

I guess I need to register now :shake: and find a bullet proof hotel room.:uzi:

Thats the spirit Merc:up: . Hope you are prepared to back up those words though. The Chevy guys will be gunning for you:cool4:

merc
09-05-2006, 07:16 AM
Thats the spirit Merc:up: . Hope you are prepared to back up those words though. The Chevy guys will be gunning for you:cool4:

I will have to work up a "Number 6" on 'em.

You ask "Number 6"? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that one...

Well, that's where the Impala SS guys come to town, a whampin' and whompin' on merc. Except the Maruader folks, of course. In there preoccupation with kickin my A$$ the Marauders come home with all the trophies.

shakes_26
09-05-2006, 07:29 AM
Whoaaa....Marc...that is a pretty big bite there my friend:D .This wouldn't be a roots vrs centrifugal thingy would it:confused: . Humm Marty vrs Jerry and Shakes_26 Vrs Marauder TJA:beer: Marc , I like Vanilla Diet Pepsi..:lol:

Roots vs Haircryer? Not at all :rolleyes::D

I've been waiting for a rematch since January, hope I still have what it takes since I detuned my car and took out the TC.

Hmm Diet Vanilla Pepsi? I believe, unless you bring your own beverages, your going home thirsty. :eek:

All in fun buddy, but just the same, I'll take my case of regular Coke, chilled, spank you very much
:beer:

LeadSSled
09-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Merc - Have you registered yet? It's just bad form to do all that trash talkin' and not even be registered for the event. ;)

Log on to the SSHS6 site and make your $65 donation. Then come back here and bash on the Chebbies as much as your heart desires. :D

prchrman
09-05-2006, 10:18 AM
will be there...4th year...holiday inn...indoor pool...do not run as this car is my driver...willie

MarauderTJA
09-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Roots vs Haircryer? Not at all :rolleyes::D

I've been waiting for a rematch since January, hope I still have what it takes since I detuned my car and took out the TC.

Hmm Diet Vanilla Pepsi? I believe, unless you bring your own beverages, your going home thirsty. :eek:

All in fun buddy, but just the same, I'll take my case of regular Coke, chilled, spank you very much
:beer:

Cool Marc! Would really suggest you put the TC back in and go see Scott for a killer race tune.:depress: ..Your going to need it;) . BTW, Pepsi also makes a Diet Pepsi with vanilla and cherry. That will work too:D

TAF
09-05-2006, 11:12 AM
BTW, Pepsi also makes a Diet Pepsi with vanilla and cherry. That will work too:D

I figured you to be more of a Diet Pepsi Jazz kinda guy... ;)

http://www.dietpepsi.com/images/jazz/prod_info_cans.jpg

TooManyFords
09-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Hey John, glad to hear you are going to make it. Are you bringing Prorauder with you?

You betcha! However, I'm having second thoughts on racing it. I do NOT want to duplicate my Great Lakes Dragaway experience and be 1500 miles from home when I do it.

Guess we'll just have to see when I get there.

Besides, I want to have enough time for Todd to work a miracle on my exhaust before MVIV...

john

MarauderTJA
09-05-2006, 11:31 AM
I figured you to be more of a Diet Pepsi Jazz kinda guy... ;)

http://www.dietpepsi.com/images/jazz/prod_info_cans.jpg

Haven't seen it here yet. Will have to check it out and then inform Shakes 26. Thanks.:D

MarauderTJA
09-05-2006, 11:33 AM
You betcha! However, I'm having second thoughts on racing it. I do NOT want to duplicate my Great Lakes Dragaway experience and be 1500 miles from home when I do it.

Guess we'll just have to see when I get there.

Besides, I want to have enough time for Todd to work a miracle on my exhaust before MVIV...

john

John with the motor you built, I am confident it is a just tad stronger than the orginial one;). Besides, that is what the trailer is for.:D

merc
09-05-2006, 11:34 AM
Merc - Have you registered yet? It's just bad form to do all that trash talkin' and not even be registered for the event. ;)

Log on to the SSHS6 site and make your $65 donation. Then come back here and bash on the Chebbies as much as your heart desires. :D

I have registered now with number #176 and donated 65.00. Now back to the Chevy bashing party.

The Chevrolet Bowtie has been one of the World’s most recognized trademarks since 1913, when William C. Durant first introduced the symbol that represents Chevrolet’s
winning success!

A story in Chevrolet Pro Management Magazine, October 1986, which was copied in the May 1987 G&D, told that W.C. Durant did not copy the design from the wallpaper in a French hotel room, and that according to Mrs. Durant, the bowtie emblem was first seen by her husband in an illustrated Virginia newspaper, while they were vacationing in Hot Springs, Virginia around 1912. Mrs. Durant was quoted as recalling, “I was in the toilet reading the paper, and I saw this design when I flushed and said, ‘I think this would be a very good emblem for the Chevrolet’ ”

To help identify me I will be wearing this shirt.
http://www.criticalwear.com/images/ilaw/LAWEN071.gif

TooManyFords
09-05-2006, 11:34 AM
John with the motor you built, I am confident it is a just tad stronger than the orginial one;). Besides, that is what the trailer is for.:D

As long as you're volunteering to trailer it back if it breaks, then HELL YES!

:D

John

LeadSSled
09-05-2006, 11:48 AM
I have registered now with number #176 and donated 65.00. Now back to the Chevy bashing party.

Thanks for registering! I am confident that you will have a great time, even after having to eat all of your words there. :cry:

Now bash away! But you're going to have to do better than that. ;)

TAF
09-05-2006, 11:51 AM

john

I'm going to need it no later than Wednesday... 'cause we are loading up for that week....

merc
09-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Thanks for registering! I am confident that you will have a great time, even after having to eat all of your words there. :cry:

Now bash away! But you're going to have to do better than that. ;)

It should be a great event. :pimp: 4.6 motor mouth signing off. :censor:

merc
09-05-2006, 11:55 AM
I'm going to need it no later than Wednesday... 'cause we are loading up for that week....

You got that right. :chat:

TAF
09-05-2006, 12:15 PM
You got that right. :chat:

You're at the top of the "list" my friend! :up:

TooManyFords
09-05-2006, 12:17 PM

Let me know what day you want it that week and I'll be there!

john

shakes_26
09-05-2006, 12:31 PM
It should be a great event. :pimp: 4.6 motor mouth signing off. :censor:

Correction, Supercharged 4.6 MotorMouth! :pimp:

Zack
09-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Im booked at the Holiday Inn express from the 2nd thru the 4th.

MarauderTJA
09-05-2006, 04:55 PM

The Chevrolet Bowtie has been one of the World’s most recognized trademarks since 1913, when William C. Durant first introduced the symbol that represents Chevrolet’s
winning success!

A story in Chevrolet Pro Management Magazine, October 1986, which was copied in the May 1987 G&D, told that W.C. Durant did not copy the design from the wallpaper in a French hotel room, and that according to Mrs. Durant, the bowtie emblem was first seen by her husband in an illustrated Virginia newspaper, while they were vacationing in Hot Springs, Virginia around 1912. Mrs. Durant was quoted as recalling, “I was in the toilet reading the paper, and I saw this design when I flushed and said, ‘I think this would be a very good emblem for the Chevrolet’ ”

To help identify me I will be wearing this shirt.
http://www.criticalwear.com/images/ilaw/LAWEN071.gif

Cool Merc! Glad you are registered. I will providing Marauder Race Team Shirts for all that attend the event (newbies). Just let me know your shirt size and it will be there for you to proudly wear when I meet up with you on Saturday November 4th. Scrape the other shirt. OK to start your Chevy bashing now!:D

LeadSSled
09-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Thanks! That will help with our planning.

OK, here's the official word from the SSHS6 committee:

"We are not paying for a security guard this year. We did that once and had few takers.

We have used the empty lot in front of the host hotel for trailers and no one has objected - In fact, we prefer if the trailers are parked there instead of trying to negotiate the narrow hotel parking lot and wind up blocking a number of spaces.

As usual we will play it by ear - we don't "officially" have the track until opening time Saturday morning - if someone wants to make other arrangements with the track on Friday night, they do so at their own risk.

Parking at the host hotel is a much safer, and the track is less than a mile away."

TAF
09-05-2006, 05:45 PM
http://thumb16.webshots.com/t/55/55/3/74/13/497537413eStqtO_th.jpg

Lookin' forward to taken on some more Impalas with "Big Yeller"...this one went home early....

LeadSSled
09-05-2006, 06:16 PM
Todd - I remember Big Yeller. It's an awesome truck and raised alot of eyebrows. I'll take you on in my autocross car - and totally NA to boot. ;)

jselander
09-05-2006, 06:57 PM
First off, I would love to go but am probably going to be out to sea.
Second, I just want to throw a shout to all the Marauder owners on here. If it wasn't for the fact that I bought my IMP, I would have one of these SSweet lookin Marauders. My in-laws are big time Ford guys, and they've almost convinced me to switch. Love your rides!

jgc61sr2002
09-05-2006, 06:59 PM
Welcome aboard.:D :welcome1:

Freshmeat
09-06-2006, 05:37 AM
I'm hoping to knock down a few SS cars myself, with my 89 Crown Victoria station wagon... but do they separate N/A, blown, and juiced or is it basically heads-up? I wouldn't stand a chance against a juiced or blown anything.

MarauderTJA
09-06-2006, 05:41 AM
I'm hoping to knock down a few SS cars myself, with my 89 Crown Victoria station wagon... but do they separate N/A, blown, and juiced or is it basically heads-up? I wouldn't stand a chance against a juiced or blown anything.

There are various classes. Go to http://www.sshs6.com to check them out.

Freshmeat
09-06-2006, 05:45 AM
Gotcha. It seems they've added a good bit of information since I last read up. Either that or my Firefox wasn't working right last time. Imagine that...

Thanks for the link. I'll need to bookmark it this time.

LeadSSled
09-06-2006, 06:36 PM
It might even help to add several lines to your SSHS6 Home page specifically inviting the Chrysler 300c hemi, Charger R/T hemi, Magum R/T and the SRTs variants.

Glenn - It's done. The webpage has been updated. Thanks again for the suggestion.

martyo
09-07-2006, 04:50 AM

Just beware that my fat girl is on the Jenny Crank diet! :D

LeadSSled
09-07-2006, 05:13 AM
Just beware that my fat girl is on the Jenny Crank diet! :D

As long as you can still make the minimum weight of 4000 lbs. including driver, it should be a good race. Good luck - I can't to see that 10-second Marauder go down the track. :up:

Pops
09-07-2006, 06:40 AM
Hi Terry, I entered my 95 Gran Marquis and look forward to having some fun . It will be great to see the guys who where at the WDC again. For you guys that went to Milan i had a fuel pump failing, it goes faster now. See you there. John.

Hotrauder
09-07-2006, 06:59 AM
Registered this morning and found a hotel. Got to learn how to do this and what better time than November and what better place and where would one find better teachers? See you all there. Dennis:beer: :burnout: :burn:

LeadSSled
09-07-2006, 07:00 AM
John - We love the Panthers! You are truly one "of us" (the RWD heavyweights). It will be great to see you there.

Back in 2002 or 2003, there was a mid-to-late 80s Mercury Marquis station wagon entered in the class A brackets. It was all beat up and had the woodgrain siding to boot. The car was DEADLY consistent and had a very good driver. He took home the big trophy in the brackets that day. People are still talking about it. :D

SSee you there!

Hotruader - This is a link from an Impala site, but there is a lot of good "racing for beginners" info in there.
Racing Tips (http://www.karl-ellwein.org/tipsforbeginners.htm)

Zack
09-07-2006, 07:19 AM
Registered this morning and found a hotel. Got to learn how to do this and what better time than November and what better place and where would one find better teachers? See you all there. Dennis:beer: :burnout: :burn:

I got your back Dennis.
We'll bolt the crystal grill up and get some good track times that day!
Where are you staying?

martyo
09-07-2006, 07:56 AM
We'll bolt the crystal grill up

Oh no, not the crystal grille! Be sure to bolt up your flame suits as well! :D :flamer:

Glenn
09-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Terry:

I am very impressed with your quick action on updating the SSHS6 web site with the hemi invite. Very good job!!!

It was a selfish request because I want to beat a Hemi or SRT8 more then I even want to beat an Impala.

Glenn

LeadSSled
09-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Glen - I didn't do anything, I'm just the middle man. I pass along the questions and suggestions and the comittee acts on them. I'm just the PR guy. :D

It sure would be nice to get some hemis out there. Let's hope they are willing amd ready to play this year.

Hotrauder
09-07-2006, 06:36 PM
I got your back Dennis.
We'll bolt the crystal grill up and get some good track times that day!
Where are you staying?

You have always had my back and I am grateful. Staying?? Why, at your hotel, of course. I am not nearly as dumb as I appear:P . Holiday Inn Express. Arrive Friday, leave Sunday. Looking forward to a blast. See you there. Dennis

shakes_26
09-07-2006, 06:42 PM
It sure would be nice to get some hemis out there. Let's hope they are willing amd ready to play this year.

Especially the young lady in the Charger from last year....I love tank tops, I love tank tops, I love........:eek::help:

LeadSSled
09-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Yes, she was easy on the eyes. Drove all the way out there from Texas I think. She came along with some other big car folks but I can't remember whether they were from the Marauder or Impala crowd.

Hotrauder
09-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Oh no, not the crystal grille! Be sure to bolt up your flame suits as well! :D :flamer:

Martyo, I will have a sign in my back window, "Worlds fastest LOOKING Marauder." I may not be fastest but I am blinging to the max thanks to my buddy , Zackster, The "BAD ASS MARUADER" I will be having all the fun I am allowed and I will finally meet some very important people I have admired since I was led to this site AFTER my Marauder purchase. I had no idea that there were such things as Car Forums. I missed a lot in my youth. I am happily making up for lost time. I never had a hot rod before but in the year and a month I have owned the FruitPunch we have done 45 mods and counting, both performance and glitter. I love this forum and I love the people here and I love the Marauder, mine and all the others. They are great cars. Yes, I am looking foreward to showing off MY Marauder. I will have my fire jacket and my helmet and I will be on the track, learning, getting some lumps and maybe giving some. My first time ever with OEM tires and wheels she did a 12.8 with all the junk in the trunk for the weekend at Sebring and a nearly full tank of 93 at about 93 degrees. So there is potential for a respectable time with some coaching on proper technique. I am all ears if you will help me I will be grateful. Thanks Dennis:D

Glenn
09-09-2006, 03:30 PM
MM Owners:

Can we all establish a meeting place and time in Commerce for Friday night to get together to BS or have dinner or ??

Glenn

Tallboy
09-09-2006, 03:56 PM
MM Owners:

Can we all establish a meeting place and time in Commerce for Friday night to get together to BS or have dinner or ??

Glenn

The host hotel parking lot! It's a party!!! :beer:

MarauderTJA
09-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Especially the young lady in the Charger from last year....I love tank tops, I love tank tops, I love........:eek::help:

Marc, Dirks Bentley has a song about little white tank tops you should listen to:D I remember her as well.........:coolman:

Zack
09-11-2006, 11:55 AM
You guys have me down as Bob McGrath? What's that?
Its Zack McGrath. Please mail me out a new, corrected tech card!
Car # is MMWKB22
Thanks

FordNut
09-11-2006, 12:19 PM
How about t-shirts???
I keep looking at the link on SSHS6.com and get the same "later" info.

LeadSSled
09-11-2006, 06:00 PM
FordNut - The t-shirts are still in the works, but there has been some dialog this week on the GASSIT site this week. I'll try to post a "heads up" here when more information is available.

Just thought I'd share this with y'all. Here's a preview of my new setup:
LeadSSled's new sound system (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwzE9VAsJEg)

LeadSSled
09-11-2006, 06:01 PM
Car # is MMWKB22
Thanks

Sorry - I'll send a message to the guy handling registration.

martyo
09-11-2006, 07:09 PM
Car # is MMWKB22
Thanks

Zack: Suck it up and change your name to Bob.

LeadSSled
09-18-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm nearly ready for SSHS6. The new motor was dyno tuned on Saturday. On a Mustang chassis dyno we pulled 399.5 RWHP and 424.0 - RWTQ all motor. SSHS6 will be the first time this setup runs down the 1/4-mile.
Video of dyno pull (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpcw6JmGpeY)

Let's keep those Marauder registrations coming! Thanks for your support of this event.

merc
09-18-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm nearly ready for SSHS6. The new motor was dyno tuned on Saturday. On a Mustang chassis dyno we pulled 399.5 RWHP and 424.0 - RWTQ all motor. SSHS6 will be the first time this setup runs down the 1/4-mile.

Let's keep those Marauder registrations coming! Thanks for your support of this event.

Hum, looks like I have similar problems. I am not sure I will have my setup installed before the event. I may just have to rent a Lincoln Town car or a P.O.S FWD Impala SS.

:seesaw:

Deer hunting is the most popular form of hunting in the State of Georgia, according to the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Wildlife Resources Division (WRD).

Season dates for the various types of deer hunting are as follows:

· Archery (either sex):Sept. 10 – Oct. 14, 2006 (statewide)

· Extended Archery (either sex):Jan. 2-31, 2006 (only in Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett & Rockdale counties).

· Primitive weapons (either sex): Oct. 15-21, 2006 (statewide)

· Firearms (Northern Zone):Oct. 22, 2006-Jan. 1, 2007

·Cars (Southern Zone):Oct. 22, 2006-Jan. 15, 2007

Some of these Southern boys don't know the differance between Deer and Impala. If I were you I would watch my back.:eek:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/56/Black-faced_impala.jpg

MarauderTJA
09-18-2006, 03:40 PM

Good news Terry. My new forged motor is going in the car the week of Oct 2nd. Then some break-in miles and back for some serious tuning. I hope to get a couple of 1/4 mile tuning runs just before SSHS6. I am sure like you, we are both finding this a lot of work. But will be well worth it on November 4th:up:

Glenn
09-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Terry:

In the interests of good rivalry, "I throw down the Gauntlet" and challange you to the best out of 3 runs! Our HP is about the same and your torque is greater then my MM. Plus your car is lighter then mine. So I guess it comes down to good driving on my end to even come close to beating you (and you have me on that end also with youth versus aged reactions). The odds are all in your favor. Is the glove picked-up? I cann't see! My second is Brian Sipe.

Exclusions: No drag slicks, Nitrous or trick electronics (i.e. FAST, electronic wheel spin controls, etc)

Glenn

martyo
09-19-2006, 04:44 AM
Terry:

In the interests of good rivalry, "I throw down the Gauntlet" and challange you to the best out of 3 runs! Our HP is about the same and your torque is greater then my MM. Plus your car is lighter then mine. So I guess it comes down to good driving on my end to even come close to beating you (and you have me on that end also with youth versus aged reactions). The odds are all in your favor. Is the glove picked-up? I cann't see! My second is Brian Sipe.

Exclusions: No drag slicks, Nitrous or trick electronics (i.e. FAST, electronic wheel spin controls, etc)

Glenn

I am lovin' this!

I heard there is someone else with a Marauder who wants to challenge me and thinks he has something for me too!

Hey Terry, how are we going to set up a few of these grudge matches?

merc
09-19-2006, 06:48 AM
Yo Martin, I was wondering if you could help a brother out. I need to borrow a set of rear tires (Slicks or Drag Radials) for the SHH6 event. The 245/40/18 BFG drag radials will not hold up with my new setup. :bandit: Also what's Jeff's E-mail address, I may need a tune.

martyo
09-19-2006, 07:33 AM
Yo Martin, I was wondering if you could help a brother out. I need to borrow a set of rear tires (Slicks or Drag Radials) for the SHH6 event. The 245/40/18 BFG drag radials will not hold up with my new setup. :bandit: Also what's Jeff's E-mail address, I may need a tune.

I just traded out my rears mounted with the MT's.

Are you looking for a set of stock wheels with slicks?

You can reach Jeff here:
prospeed@bellsouth.net (e-mail is NOT always the best way to get Jeff)
Shop: 770-222-5015
Cell: 404-569-3786

Or, because Jeff is so hard to reach, you can try Brian on his cell: 770-294-7562

If not of that works, let me know and I will set something up for you.

merc
09-19-2006, 08:02 AM
I just traded out my rears mounted with the MT's.

Are you looking for a set of stock wheels with slicks?

I have a set of 18x9.5 and 18x8 wheels. I understand that Mickey doesn't have a 18 inch tire that would fit my stock rim. What size wheel are you using ? :rasta:

martyo
09-19-2006, 08:08 AM
I have a set of 18x9.5 and 18x8 wheels. I understand that Mickey doesn't have a 18 inch tire that would fit my stock rim. What size wheel are you using ? :rasta:

They are (were) Bogart 16's.

MarauderTJA
09-19-2006, 11:28 AM

Merc, I have been in constant touch with MT on their drag radials. They won't be out until late this year or early next. They are working on the same size as the Nitto DR's 305 X 45 X 18. The Nittos work well when new and fit the 18 X 9.5 rims perfect. But they go south after a few times at the track. They last well on the street though.

merc
09-19-2006, 11:38 AM
Merc, I have been in constant touch with MT on their drag radials. They won't be out until late this year or early next. They are working on the same size as the Nitto DR's 305 X 45 X 18. The Nittos work well when new and fit the 18 X 9.5 rims perfect. But they go south after a few times at the track. They last well on the street though.

I really like the Nitto 555 (295x45x18) street radial that I have mounted on the car now. I was trying to avoid mounting and un-mounting rubber. I guess I will roast the BFG drag radials I have for now and upgrade in the spring.

martyo
09-19-2006, 11:40 AM
I really like the Nitto 555 (295x45x18) street radial that I have mounted on the car now. I was trying to avoid mounting and un-mounting rubber. I guess I will roast the BFG drag radials I have for now and upgrade in the spring.

Buy my wheels from me and you can get 'em rubberized in time for SSHS6! :D

O's Fan Rich
09-19-2006, 11:44 AM

What wheels be they?

martyo
09-19-2006, 11:47 AM
What wheels be they?

Stock Marauder wheels. You sold your car, so you won't be interested. Plus, how many times do I have to tell you that you can NOT spend your daughter's wedding gift$?

MarauderTJA
09-19-2006, 11:48 AM

Marty I would be interested in purchasing your wheels. But with the MT Drag radials based on the size, would it be the same wheel/tire height at the 305 X 45 X 18 drag radials??? I really do not want to mess with the tranny computer shifts points etc.
I have stock widened rims, I thought you were talking about another set you have.

O's Fan Rich
09-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Stock Marauder wheels. You sold your car, so you won't be interested. Plus, how many times do I have to tell you that you can NOT spend your daughter's wedding gift$?

Yes, but they might fit the Caliber!!!

I want to ( no need to ) get a pair widened.....

martyo
09-19-2006, 12:03 PM
So everyone is clear, these are stock MM wheels. My race wheels were sold already.

MarauderTJA
09-19-2006, 12:13 PM
So everyone is clear, these are stock MM wheels. My race wheels were sold already.

10-4. Crystal clear. Dammm,:mad: needed the race wheels.

martyo
09-19-2006, 12:14 PM
10-4. Crystal clear. Dammm,:mad: needed the race wheels.

Call Jeff and he will get 'em for ya.

MarauderTJA
09-19-2006, 12:15 PM

Will give him a call. Have some questions as well. Thanks Marty.

O's Fan Rich
09-19-2006, 12:19 PM

PM me a $ number Marty.. puhleeze.

MarauderTJA
09-19-2006, 12:31 PM

Had converation with Jeff. dam those Bogart wheel are big $$$. Also, told him he could use my race jacket again to lower your world record like last time.:D Had some v e r y interesting conversation. Super njna procharger talk that is. ;)

martyo
09-19-2006, 12:44 PM
PM me a $ number Marty.. puhleeze.

How many do you want?

Also, will you be at SSHS6 because shipping will be almost impossible 'cuz the wheels are in the ATL and I am in NY.

O's Fan Rich
09-19-2006, 01:44 PM
How many do you want?

Also, will you be at SSHS6 because shipping will be almost impossible 'cuz the wheels are in the ATL and I am in NY.

I need a pair..... and it does not look good for Atlanta.

Glenn
09-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Well, I guess the SSHS6 challange is not accepted by Terry. Really, an over-whelming advantage to the Impala with a new 385 built stroker with 424 HP and no acceptance. I certainly didn't think my MM was that good. Well, if Terry will not accept I will open the challange to any comparable Impala within reason and with the same exclusions.

Glenn

martyo
09-19-2006, 08:24 PM
Well, I guess the SSHS6 challange is not accepted by Terry. Really, an over-whelming advantage to the Impala with a new 385 built stroker with 424 HP and no acceptance. I certainly didn't think my MM was that good. Well, if Terry will not accept I will open the challange to any comparable Impala within reason and with the same exclusions.

Glenn

Glenn: Give Terry a chance to respond. I think he will be along to accept your proposal.

LeadSSled
09-20-2006, 01:43 PM

Glenn - Sorry for the delayed response. For some reason I did not get an auto-reply message that there were new posts to this thread.

I will accept your challenge, but with one exception: I will not race on street tires. I don't even plan on bringing street tires to Atlanta. You are welcome to bolt on a set of slicks or drag radials, but I'll surely be running with them. C'mon, you're not afraid of an autocross/road course car with slicks, are you?

While I have N2O solenoids mounted to the intake, the system is not functional - the fuel and N2O lines are disconnected, the WOT switch is removed from the throttle body, and there will be no bottle in the car. So don't freak out when you see the solenoids. My fuel system is not capable of supplying both the new motor and the wet system with enough fuel, so the system is disabled. The solenoids were left on the car because it's a pain in the butt to remove the wiring and I plan to upgrade the fuel system over the winter so that I can spray again.

As far as electronics go - this car was not even offerred with traction control. My car has a reprogrammed stock PCM (engine computer). The only aftermarket electronics are the Accel ignition box and an MSD coil (I only have one to your eight). It's a full-interior car that weighed 4350 lbs. with the driver at SSHS5. I've not had it on the scales since, but the new aluminum heads should make it 40 lbs. lighter.

martyo
09-20-2006, 01:50 PM
Hey Terry: I have been trying to drum up some attendees. They will not run in the fat car classes, but they just want to do some TnT and grudge matches.

Are you cool with that?

LeadSSled
09-20-2006, 01:59 PM
Are you cool with that?

Certainly! We had several of those in the last couple of years. The more the merrier. They can run in the "run all day" lanes as much as they want for the standard entry fee. They just will not be eligible to participate in the brackets or any of the trophy categories. We had one car make 22 passes last year, so they should get plenty. I have not traditionally been a good bracket racer, so I usually wind up in the run all day lanes after the 1st or 2nd round myself.

It would be helpful if they go ahead and register on the SSHS6 page and just note that they will be TNT in the run all day lanes when they send their info in. That will still help us plan for the number of cars expected to be there that day.

martyo
09-20-2006, 02:13 PM
It would be helpful if they go ahead and register on the SSHS6 page and just note that they will be TNT in the run all day lanes when they send their info in. That will still help us plan for the number of cars expected to be there that day.

I told them space could be limited and they should sign up in advance. I should know by this weekend whether we will be registering another car for teh TnT or not.

Glenn
09-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Terry:

The odds are stacked against me and I realize it. But, it should be fun. I wasn't sure you will be using slicks or drag radials. Slicks would be even more of an advantage to you. I will be running my Nitto DRs. See you at SSHS6.

Glenn

LeadSSled
09-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Terry:

The odds are stacked against me and I realize it. But, it should be fun. I wasn't sure you will be using slicks or drag radials. Slicks would be even more of an advantage to you. I will be running my Nitto DRs. See you at SSHS6.

Glen - My previous best with a motor that dynoed at 300 RWHP with a 150-shot was a 12.7. I think this combo should net around a 12.5 on the motor, so it may be closer than you think. Tell you what - I'll run you through the exhaust instead of opening the electric cutouts. That will cost me about 10-12 HP and should even things up some. At any rate, it should be fun. See you at the Shootout. :banana:

Glenn
09-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Terry:

You are extremely fair. I have stock mufflers and tailpipes. Running without cutouts will even up the HP. It will basically come down to who hooks the best and runs the fastest 60'. It will be over at 60'. Neither one of us will be able to make up any ground if we are behind at 60'.

Glenn

martyo
09-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Terry: My religion requires me to bet on the guy with the Marauder! :D

LeadSSled
09-20-2006, 07:34 PM
Terry: My religion requires me to bet on the guy with the Marauder! :D

Understood. And expected. :beer:

We're just out to have fun. But it might make a great video opportunity.

Who will be the hero, and who will be the goat?
Will the normally aspirated Impala take down the blown Marauder?
Or will the small displacement Marauder take down the Impala with the big stroker motor?

You will have to be there at SSHS6 to find out... :eek:

Glenn
09-20-2006, 08:19 PM
Terry:

I definitely will take a copy of that video and any digitals.

Glenn

mlschultz
09-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Mark VIII Owner chiming in. Been to the last two SSHS events, and look forward to SSHS6. Already registered as car #281.

The Mark VIII message boards, and community has a little grudge match going, and since I am already part of one grudge match (see pics below - my Mark is the ivory colored one), I would like to challenge my buddy Todd, and his big yeller truck to another.

I am also sending a message from Steve B. at Team to Todd, that he also wants a piece of that yeller truck. I am still working on Scott L. to get his Mark off the rack, and get it ready to bring it to the track. Good luck all. See you at SSHS6!

TAF
09-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Mark VIII Owner chiming in. Been to the last two SSHS events, and look forward to SSHS6. Already registered as car #281.

The Mark VIII message boards, and community has a little grudge match going, and since I am already part of one grudge match (see pics below - my Mark is the ivory colored one), I would like to challenge my buddy Todd, and his big yeller truck to another.

I am also sending a message from Steve B. at Team to Todd, that he also wants a piece of that yeller truck. I am still working on Scott L. to get his Mark off the rack, and get it ready to bring it to the track. Good luck all. See you at SSHS6!

You're on my friend...
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/8/3/IMG_1166.JPG

remember now...I know your car from the bottom up....;)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/8/3/IMG_1220.JPG

I don't want any of Steve Bradshaw's truck though...I drove it to work this morning...THAT thing is N-A-S-T-Y...... :burnout:

MarauderTJA
09-21-2006, 02:39 PM

My son-in-law's 94 MK VIII will be there as well. You might remember it from SSHS5. A silver car with nitrous. ran a 13.2 last year. Will be a different story this year, has a Procharger P1SC now. Ran a best of 12.7 @ 107 at Orlando at the FFW this past March. Some more mods completed. Should be in the mid-low 12's....

martyo
09-21-2006, 03:08 PM
My Marauder will be there.

I hope to bring one of my Fox bodies too so I can practice shanking the gears!

Paul T. Casey
09-21-2006, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=LeadSSled;421409]. We had one car make 22 passes last year, so they should get plenty. QUOTE]

Yeah, they're not stingy with track time.

Glenn
09-21-2006, 06:40 PM
YOU MUST get Scott L. at Team Ford to finish his Mark VII and bring it to SSHS6. That would be just awesome!!! This is a killer car that will open everyone's eyes. This definitely will be the year for the MMs and Mark VIIs to really shine. I think the Impalas are going to be in shock.

Glenn

Glenn
09-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Terry:

Need clarification on the SSHS6 website on A and B race class definitions in the following sections.

Tech Details/Racing -------------Classes Shootout Changes

A Class: 14.00 and up --------------13.50 and up
B Class: 13.00 to 13.99 ------------13.49 and down

I believe the "Shootout Changes" are the correct class definitions for 2006? Class C is 12.00 to 12.99?

Thanks,

Glenn

mlschultz
09-21-2006, 07:19 PM
lol, Todd :) Just remember, that you were under the Mark before Steve. Props again, to you though - I do have the nicest exhaust known to man kind. It sure is purdy!

Steve is going to turn the wick up some. He should have all the parts on order, and should be ready to install them next week. Going with a PI torque converter, shift kit, and a Ford Racing aluminum deep trans pan to make-up for the 2qt loss of fluid going with the smaller torque converter for starters.

After that, I just might have Scott L. install some fo-tens and TracLock, and get some M/T DR's from Summit. All this, on top of the Lidio wide band dyno tune, should help me keep up with that big ol' yeller truck :)

MarauderTJA, Yes, I do remember your son-in-law's Mark from last year. I think he had the best time for a Mark VIII last year. I have posted a reply to him on another message board, that he is invited to join into the fold, and park with the Mark VIII crowd, on both Friday and Saturday.

Regards All, and keep the shiny side up!

edit: Glenn, I have been working on Scott L. for a month now trying to get him excited about SSHS6. I think the bug has bitten him. He said he will be ready. Guess he needs to work on the FAST system, and some other stuff. He is looking to get 700hp to the wheels! I should be there next week to see if he has had time to work on it yet.

LeadSSled
09-22-2006, 06:38 PM
Class C is 12.00 to 12.99?

Glenn - That is a TYPO. Class C is still a bracket category, but is 12.99 and faster. You can be a 10-second car and still run brackets in Class C.

Class A is a bracket class and 14.00 and slower
Class B is a bracket class 13.00 to 13.99
Class C is a bracket class 12.99 and faster
Class D is a "heads up, pro tree" class - the Big Dog class

I pointed the error out, but they have not changed the website yet.

Terry

Marauderman
09-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Well, ADD Marauderman to the SSHS6 list- I have just registered and will be there this year ...some of you may remember why I was not there with my MM last year---

Don't have any freeckin idea what "class" I will be in until I run some test and tune time---whole new set up---THANKS GLENN --Wheels are perfect!

Just two things left to do on the MM ---so add another to our side--YAHOO!!

LeadSSled
09-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Marauderman - Cool! It will be great to meet you there. If you are putting down 477/425, you should certainly be in Class "C".

Glenn
09-27-2006, 07:17 PM
Tom:

Glad the wheels fit OK. You now must save a run for me. You got me by 80 HP and more torque. It should be an easy win for you. I am not driving my MM until the SSHS6. I cannot take a chance anything might happen to it. I am the MM.net underdog at SSHS6, but will give it the olde try. I might get lucky if someone red lights.

Glenn

Marauderman
09-28-2006, 03:50 AM
Tom:

Glad the wheels fit OK. You now must save a run for me. You got me by 80 HP and more torque. It should be an easy win for you. I am not driving my MM until the SSHS6. I cannot take a chance anything might happen to it. I am the MM.net underdog at SSHS6, but will give it the olde try. I might get lucky if someone red lights.

Glenn

I'm gonna try and see if I can Get Rick at Amazon to check my MM out real soon--just to make sure all is fine---then I'll be set.....yeah---it will be fun in test and tune to run with ya and see what we do....least it will be an even match--age wise--:lol:--are we the oldest running? really not sure what my new numbers are---thus reason to see Rick---and red lighting in test period may happen till I get used to my new set up.....it outto be fun...

I'll just need to get the cars driver to get'r down the 1320 "on time"...:lol:

glassman99
09-28-2006, 04:15 PM
As long a I am in the hunt, you will never be the oldest there!!:nono:

TooManyFords
09-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Ok, I'm all signed up. I'll be arriving Oct. 31st. (BOO!) and staying at the Super 8 Motel on Eisenhower Dr. The rate was really good too, $46.60/night.

Also signed up to race...

(hope I don't have to U-Haul it home, knock on wood!)

John

jimlam56
10-01-2006, 04:42 AM
I have a reservation at the Hampton for Friday and Saturday night that I won't be using.
Before I cancel it, does anyone want it?
If so, PM me with your full name and I'll get it transfered over to you.

jimlam56
10-03-2006, 03:17 AM
I have a reservation at the Hampton for Friday and Saturday night that I won't be using.

One last bump...

LeadSSled
10-03-2006, 11:21 AM

If you don't get any interest here, please let me know. I am pretty sure that I know an Impala guy that would like to have your reservation if you are not using it.

Terry

Marauderman
10-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Yahoo! Just got my registration slip in the mail.............didn't get my car number I wanted -but I am LEGAL......with that hint...:burn: ..you know who to look for......:banana2:

LeadSSled
10-04-2006, 08:24 AM
One more month! Yahoo! :burnout:

merc
10-04-2006, 08:37 AM
One more month! Yahoo! :burnout:

I see you are from Knoxville, TN. We need to have a small chat in 30 days.

prchrman
10-04-2006, 08:43 AM
SSHS6 marauder persons...are we going to eat together or anything Friday night or Sat morning? willie

merc
10-04-2006, 08:46 AM
SSHS6 marauder persons...are we going to eat together or anything Friday night or Sat morning? willie

What do you have in mind ? :rasta:

prchrman
10-04-2006, 08:50 AM
We had breakfast last year...I was late...just wondered if there was any interest in getting together and telling big lies and such...fri night or sat morn...I do not go to the track on fri night so I'm open for dinner...willie

LeadSSled
10-04-2006, 09:53 AM
I see you are from Knoxville, TN. We need to have a small chat in 30 days.

Certainly! I should be easy to find. I'll be the guy in the dark-colored Impala. :D Maybe this will help:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10 114&stc=1&d=1159980619

Just look for the SSLED plate at the track. And I'll be there by Friday night. Ask any if the Impala guys who LeadSSled/Terry is and they can point me out. They all know me - I'm a notorious troublemaker. ;)

TAF
10-04-2006, 09:56 AM

Cracker Barrel Saturday Morning is a MUST...

I'll be up there staying Friday Night, as well....I'm at the Holiday Inn Express...so I'm sure we can get together.

Dennis Reinhart
10-04-2006, 10:01 AM
I am planning on being there where do we register at

LeadSSled
10-04-2006, 10:25 AM

Register Here! (http://www.sshs6.com)

TooManyFords
10-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Ok, just got my tech card in the mail . . . Zack Friel ?!? (just kidding, but I did get my preferred car number 6-71!)

What do I do with it? How much of it do I fill out and how much is done at the track?

John

LeadSSled
10-04-2006, 11:02 AM
Man, I just don't know what to say about the wrong names & numbers. If you come to the host hotel on Friday afternoon/evening for pre-registration, they should be able to straighten that out pretty quickly. It will just be easier to handle that there.

You don't nee the registration/tech card until you go through tech inspection Saturday morning at the track. I just plan to fill mine out there. But don't loose your tech card - that is you ticket through the gate.

prchrman
10-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Cracker Barrel Saturday Morning is a MUST...

I'll be up there staying Friday Night, as well....I'm at the Holiday Inn Express...so I'm sure we can get together.

I am also at HIE...see you there little guy...willie

shakes_26
10-04-2006, 11:21 AM
LeadSSled, we need a picture of the front of your car... :), cause thats the only way were gonna ID it!!! Alright I'm officially IN trouble!!!!

Hey Todd wheres da Cracka' Barrel at?

TAF
10-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Hey Todd wheres da Cracka' Barrel at?

It's right there at the same exit (#149)...same as all the hotels and the track. Last year we met @ 7:00 am and there was plenty of time to visit, eat and get across the way to the track (of course "Big Willie" was late :P ;) )....

LeadSSled, we need a picture of the front of your car... :), cause thats the only way were gonna ID it!!! Alright I'm officially IN trouble!!!!

Now THAT right there is funny^^^^

Tallboy
10-04-2006, 11:34 AM
It's right there at the same exit (#149)...same as all the hotels and the track. Last year we met @ 7:00 am and there was plenty of time to visit, eat and get across the way to the track (of course "Big Willie" was late :P ;) )....

Save us a coupla' seats, will ya? :coffee:

TAF
10-04-2006, 11:44 AM
Save us a coupla' seats, will ya? :coffee:

For you...and those rowdy SSM members.....??!!

You know you guys don't even need to ask, my friend! (But we're going to be out of there around 8...so get that wake-up call(s) :D

prchrman
10-04-2006, 11:49 AM

You bringing some go fast cars...which ones? willie

MarauderTJA
10-04-2006, 03:13 PM

Glad to see that you are going to make it Dennis.

Marauderman
10-04-2006, 03:26 PM
It's right there at the same exit (#149)...same as all the hotels and the track. Last year we met @ 7:00 am and there was plenty of time to visit, eat and get across the way to the track (of course "Big Willie" was late :P ;) )

Last year --we actually was there at opening--6am----that would be the best time--to get a good seat and your orders in on time---it gets full real quick....I"ll be there with my youngest daughter and her daughter(7 years old) and a male friend from work......My daughter and grandaughter want to see Grampa race.......outta be alot of fun--say hi to us too.........

glassman99
10-04-2006, 07:12 PM
I'll be at the Cracker Barrel at 6:00AM. :beer:

martyo
10-04-2006, 07:16 PM
I need my booty rest! Can someone bring me an egg sandwich and an unsweet tea please?

Glenn
10-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Terry:

I registered 6 months ago and have never received any tech card or registration in the mail??? I cann't run you without getting into the track first - Help!

MM Team: I will also be at the Hampton Inn Friday night. Where can we meet Friday night?

Glenn

MarauderTJA
10-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Terry:

I registered 6 months ago and have never received any ticket or registration in the mail??? I cann't run you without getting into the track first - Help!

MM Team: I will also be at the Hamton Inn Friday night. Where can we meet Friday night?

Glenn

Glenn, I am sure you wil be able to find most us in the Hampton Inn parking lot Friday night. Usually a party there.

TOM

shakes_26
10-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Friday night, parking lot Hampton Inn, be there.

Glenn
10-04-2006, 08:17 PM
OK, Hampton Inn parking lot on Friday night.

I guess I will have to sneek onto the track Saturday to race Terry. I got no Tech Cardee. Marty - can you tow me behind your RV travel cruiser bus to get into the track?

Glenn

martyo
10-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Terry:

I registered 6 months ago and have never received any tech card or registration in the mail??? I cann't run you without getting into the track first - Help!

MM Team: I will also be at the Hampton Inn Friday night. Where can we meet Friday night?

Glenn

I didn't get my paper work either.

What up? :confused:

prchrman
10-05-2006, 03:10 AM
I need my booty rest! Can someone bring me an egg sandwich and an unsweet tea please?

Can Yankee tea (unsweet) be purchased that far south?...Never touch it myself...might start talking funny...willie

Marauderman
10-05-2006, 03:43 AM
Yahoo! Just got my registration slip in the mail.............didn't get my car number I wanted -but I am LEGAL......with that hint...:burn: ..you know who to look for......:banana2:

I got mind right after I registered..........last week...........

martyo
10-05-2006, 04:29 AM
Can Yankee tea (unsweet) be purchased that far south?...Never touch it myself...might start talking funny...willie

I get an exemption. I can't drink sweet tea! :D

merc
10-05-2006, 06:12 AM
I get an exemption. I can't drink sweet tea! :D

Southern Iced Tea

"Try iced tea the traditional southern way, but without as many calories!"

Original recipe yield: 6 (3/4 cup) servings.
Prep Time:10 Minutes
Ready In:10 Minutes
Servings:6 (change)
INGREDIENTS:5 cups water, divided 2 family size tea bags
1 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
Optional Flavoring: 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
Optional Garnish: mint sprigs, lemon slices.

DIRECTIONS:
BRING 3 cups of the water to a boil. Pour over tea bags; cover and steep 10 minutes. Remove and discard tea bags, squeezing gently.
STIR SPLENDA® Granular into tea; add remaining 2 cups water. Add lemon juice, if desired. Serve over crushed ice. Garnish, if desired.

http://www.realtree.com/store/products/alt_lg_MWWH100HWG.jpg

LeadSSled
10-05-2006, 06:16 AM
If there is anyone that has registered for the event longer than a week or two ago, and has not received registration materials in the mail, please PM or e-mail to me your full name and your mailing address. I will contact the person that is handling the registration and see if I can get it straightened out. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Terry

LeadSSled, we need a picture of the front of your car... :), cause thats the only way were gonna ID it!!!

OK - here you go (just in case you are in front of me in the staging lanes). :D

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10 122&stc=1&d=1160053981

martyo
10-05-2006, 08:22 AM
If there is anyone that has registered for the event longer than a week or two ago, and has not received registration materials in the mail, please PM or e-mail to me your full name and your mailing address. I will contact the person that is handling the registration and see if I can get it straightened out. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Terry

Terry: PM sent.

caSSino
10-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Ok I am looking for a room at the Hampton Inn for Fri. and Sat.. Please if anyone has an one or needs a roomate let me know.

sailsmen
10-05-2006, 05:02 PM
I registered today, surprised the Hamp is full up.

shakes_26
10-05-2006, 05:32 PM
PM JimLam56, he had to bail out and had posted up here earlier if anyone wanted the room

jimlam56
10-05-2006, 05:38 PM
PM JimLam56, he had to bail out and had posted up here earlier if anyone wanted the room

Gone to FordNut.
See y'all at MVIV!

glassman99
10-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Terry, is that an exhaust leak?

Tallboy
10-05-2006, 05:51 PM
Terry, is that an exhaust leak?

Nah. I'll betcha is was one of those open-headered, slick-tired, mid-13 second barges that seemed to be in abundance last year.

Musta had an oil leak...:D

shakes_26
10-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Hey Terry, here this should help you Impala boys ID a Marauder

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/6/2/8/marauderbyebey.jpg

Oh no he did-int!!!!

shakes_26
10-05-2006, 06:56 PM
oh here's another one, you probably could not see my car last year after this little stunt.

Hey they told me 'heat 'em up goood', "I'm heatin' 'em boss, I'm a heatin' em!"

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/6/2/8/burnoutSSHS5.jpg

Glenn
10-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Underneath all that smoke is a MM. They had to stop the race until the smoke cleared. See you at SSHS6.

Glenn

PS: The MM won.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/9/9/5/BurnoutatAtl.jpg

Breadfan
10-05-2006, 08:15 PM
oh here's another one, you probably could not see my car last year after this little stunt.

Hey they told me 'heat 'em up goood', "I'm heatin' 'em boss, I'm a heatin' em!"

Holy crap that picture rules.

shakes_26
10-05-2006, 08:55 PM
As Elvis would say "Thank you, thank you very much"

Glenn, yeah that track in ATL just smokes real nice, like it was made to for it:)

Hey Terry, just punking, but uh would there maybe be a burnout contest at the track this year? I mean since it was BANNED from THI parking lot after the 'situation' at SSHS4.....I mean how much could sealcoat cost? Really?

LeadSSled
10-06-2006, 03:48 AM
Nah. I'll betcha is was one of those open-headered, slick-tired, mid-13 second barges that seemed to be in abundance last year.

Musta had an oil leak...:D

Well THIS open-headered, slick-tired stock motor barge was running 12.7s last year. :D (but did have help from a shot of spray). I can't guarantee that it didn't have an oil leak though. But that happens when you race one for 120+K miles without even having to remove the fuel rails/intake. ;) I expect to be at least that fast this year with no power adders. Not too bad for a car set up for autocross and road racing - I just do the drag race thing a couple times per year. Are there any full-weight, non-power adder MMs in the mid 12s? Just curious.

Hey Terry, here this should help you Impala boys ID a Marauder

True - I usually get a good look at them at the tree. After that they are usually fading in the morror. :P

Hey Terry, just punking

Yeah, I know. You MM folks are awfully tough on this guy that wandered in here to invite you to his party. :D But that's OK - all in good fun.

but uh would there maybe be a burnout contest at the track this year? I mean since it was BANNED from THI parking lot after the 'situation' at SSHS4.....I mean how much could sealcoat cost? Really?

Ummm... $2500. That's what it cost after SSHS4. The Hampton Corporate office was PISSED as they had just re-paved the whole lot a couple weeks before our event. While GASSIT was held liable for the entire amount, the local hotel offerred to split the cost with us, but that put us in the red for the SSHS4 event. Several of us made a $100 "parking lot donation" to make up the difference. Now "no burnouts at the hotel" are written into the hotel contract.

But who's to say what would happen if something got started at one of the other hotels? GASSIT has no agreements with them. I'm just sayin'....

Breadfan
10-06-2006, 06:35 AM
Now "no burnouts at the hotel" are written into the contract.

This is how to know you're going to the right even with the right crowd when you have to remind everyone this in the contract. ;)

:burnout:

shakes_26
10-06-2006, 07:36 AM
I beleive what sealed their fate was the SS that did the burnout around the entire hotel, no not IN the hotel parking lot, but AROUND the hotel...... I would pay $100 to see that in person. We could sell DVD's of the event!!!

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

This is how to know you're going to the right even with the right crowd when you have to remind everyone this in the contract. ;)

:burnout:

LeadSSled
10-06-2006, 07:51 AM
I beleive what sealed their fate was the SS that did the burnout around the entire hotel, no not IN the hotel parking lot, but AROUND the hotel...... I would pay $100 to see that in person. We could sell DVD's of the event!!!

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

Ummm...that was me. *blush* I've got some video, but it's not hosted anywhere. I'm also the idiot that did the open-headered burnout at 2AM that year and set off every car alarm in the lot. Those electric cutouts will get you in trouble. That's why is felt obligated to kick in an extra $100 for the parking lot repair fund. I was at least partly responsible for the backlash.

Here is a photo of the lot the following morning:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10 124&stc=1&d=1160146814

Hotrauder
10-06-2006, 08:00 AM
I'm thinking I am glad I registered. This might just be fun. Ya think? Dennis:beer: :beer: The Holiday Inn has a very nice parking lot????:rolleyes:

Paul T. Casey
10-06-2006, 09:00 AM
[QUOTE=LeadSSled;426977]Well THIS open-headered, slick-tired stock motor barge was running 12.7s last year. :D (but did have help from a shot of spray). I can't guarantee that it didn't have an oil leak though. But that happens when you race one for 120+K miles without even having to remove the fuel rails/intake. ;) I expect to be at least that fast this year with no power adders. Not too bad for a car set up for autocross and road racing - I just do the drag race thing a couple times per year. Are there any full-weight, non-power adder MMs in the mid 12s? Just curious.

I give an A+ for this answer!! :banana2: ]

prchrman
10-06-2006, 09:03 AM
Muscle car = burnouts...Am I right? willie

shakes_26
10-06-2006, 09:13 AM
I recognize that location!!!

sailsmen
10-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Whats the agenda for Friday Nite?

Are we going to try to meet some where?

LeadSSled
10-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Glen & Martyo - You should have received an e-mail concerning you missing registration papers. Please let me know if you did not receive it.

Terry

Glenn
10-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Thanks, got the email.

Glenn

martyo
10-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Thanks, got the email.

Glenn

Me too!!!!!

Tyrone Minto
10-09-2006, 05:49 PM
I am hoping to register soon
sounds like fun

LeadSSled
10-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Tyrone - I promise you that this event is the most fun you can have with your pants on. ;) Just do it!

DefyantExWife
10-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Where's everyone staying ? Holiday Inn Express in Commerce? Do tell. I need to find a reasonable hotel in the area for Defyant.

I'll be in NC that day.

merc
10-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Where's everyone staying ? Holiday Inn Express in Commerce? Do tell. I need to find a reasonable hotel in the area for Defyant.

I'll be in NC that day.

I am staying in the Holiday Inn Express in Commerce also. Nov.1-4 :rasta:

DefyantExWife
10-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Jeeze Louise, i get a quote of $84 for HOliday Inn express. Anyone staying anywhere else ? It's a lot for 1 guy, especially when we're also paying for a night in a hotel in NC that same day for me and the kids.

Anyone staying anywhere else ?

TAF
10-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Jeeze Louise, i get a quote of $84 for HOliday Inn express. Anyone staying anywhere else ? It's a lot for 1 guy, especially when we're also paying for a night in a hotel in NC that same day for me and the kids.

There's several at that exit...including some small places...but that is pretty much around the going rate. This is the 6th year for the event so most of the hotels know there is a premium to be right there. The problem also is there is not much within 15 miles or so either way on I-85. It's also near Christmas time and at that exit is one of the largest "Outlet Mall" type locations.

Since I assume he'll be coming down from NC...he can try closer north towards Greeneville, SC...Clemson, SC...Anderson, SC for some choices. But, he'd be half-hour to 45 minutes away or more. I would not recommend looking South towards Atlanta, where $85 would be a DEAL.

Hope this helps....

merc
10-13-2006, 10:18 AM

Bring the air mattress, he can share a room with Pam & I.

TooManyFords
10-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Well, it was fun trying to get there but I had to cancel my reservations at the Super 8 today. I thought I would get my replacement parts today but now it looks like next week hopefully... With the rush to get it all together and still try to get it on a dyno, I just don't think it will be worth taking a chance and overlooking something.

So, good luck and take lots o pictures!

John

DefyantExWife
10-13-2006, 02:26 PM
Is anyone staying at the Days Inn in Commerce ? It's the same star quality as Holiday Inn and only $50 a night.

just throwing that out there... :rolleyes:

martyo
10-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Is anyone staying at the Days Inn in Commerce ? It's the same star quality as Holiday Inn and only $50 a night.

just throwing that out there... :rolleyes:

I booked rooms at the Ritz of Commerce. A nice place for 35 bucks a night.

DefyantExWife
10-13-2006, 02:37 PM
I booked rooms at the Ritz of Commerce. A nice place for 35 bucks a night.

you been there before ? I cant even find this place on the net.

DefyantExWife
10-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Bring the air mattress, he can share a room with Pam & I.

Thanks for the offer ! :) I want to check out that hotel Martyo is staying at first. That airbed is comfy isnt it ? Would take up quite a corner of the trunk I'd imagine...

... and yes i mean deflated :rolleyes: that bed is no joke heh

DEFYANT
10-13-2006, 09:09 PM
The hotel situation is squared away and I am registered to mix it up.

See you all there.

Hotrauder
10-14-2006, 05:28 AM
The hotel situation is squared away and I am registered to mix it up.

See you all there.

Thank the Lord. Charlie, we are waiting. Have Lisa take a little pill. This Motel thingy has her all spazzed out again. We will be at the Holiday Inn Express with some of the other Marauder guys including BOB McGrath. :rofl: Dennis I think we are top of the list for parking lot donuts this year.

Zack
10-14-2006, 07:01 AM
Count me out

LeadSSled
10-20-2006, 06:45 AM
Only two more weeks! Are you ready to rumble?
:burn:

MarauderTJA
10-20-2006, 06:54 AM
Count me out

What? Your not coming Zack?

MarauderTJA
10-20-2006, 06:55 AM
Only two more weeks! Are you ready to rumble?
:burn:

It looks like I will be ready to rumble Terry:banana2: . See ya soon.

TOM

LeadSSled
10-20-2006, 07:10 AM
I'm hoping he meant: "Count me out" of the parking lot doughnuts.

See you all there!

Glenn
10-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Terry:

Minor mods put me into 406 RWHP so I will release you from not using your exhaust cutouts after the first round. 305 DRs mounted on 18x10s and ready to go. See you at the Shootout.

Glenn

Marauderman
10-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Just want to throw this out --anyone gonna bring some of that "white" dressing for our numbers on the windows-???? is that stuff liquid shoe polish ?? I donno!!!... .and some way to spray cleaner on and rags or whatever to change them or wipe them off----cause it was forgotten if I recall the last time..duh!! ....or is everyone tend for themselves.........

LeadSSled
10-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Glenn - I'm still working on some high-rpm ignition miss issues on mine. I'm going to race regardless, but if I don't find this miss, you're gonna walk me on the top end. But, I'll go down fightin' anyway. ;)

Glenn
10-21-2006, 02:11 PM
No problem, I just will not use my new 3.0 pulley and stay with the 3.2. I just gave you 20+ HP to even things up.

Glenn

FordNut
10-21-2006, 07:18 PM
Just want to throw this out --anyone gonna bring some of that "white" dressing for our numbers on the windows-???? is that stuff liquid shoe polish ?? I donno!!!... .and some way to spray cleaner on and rags or whatever to change them or wipe them off----cause it was forgotten if I recall the last time..duh!! ....or is everyone tend for themselves.........

It's always in my glovebox.

LeadSSled
10-25-2006, 08:27 AM
NOTICE

The SSHS6 online registration page will close at midnight on Saturday 10/28. If you know that you will be attending, I encourage you to pre-register because it will save you some time at the event, and makes a little less work for the GASSIT folks on event day.
www.sshs6.com

If you have not pre-registered by the deadline, you can still register at 1) the host hotel (Hampton) on Friday night before the Shootout and 2) on Saturday at the track.

See you there!
Terry

shakes_26
10-25-2006, 12:25 PM
Dude what about T-shirts?

LeadSSled
10-25-2006, 12:35 PM
Dude what about T-shirts?

T-shirts are already finished and will be available for purchase Friday evening at the host hotel and Saturday at the track. They always run out of shirts before Saturday is over, so get yours early. When you get there, ask for Blake Werner or Kelly Munsey.

merc
10-25-2006, 01:32 PM
You thought I was sleeping ?, hell no. We have the bags packed and ready to go.:burnout:

MarauderTJA
10-25-2006, 04:23 PM
T-shirts are already finished and will be available for purchase Friday evening at the host hotel and Saturday at the track. They always run out of shirts before Saturday is over, so get yours early. When you get there, ask for Blake Werner or Kelly Munsey.

Wicked Cool Terry!

TooManyFords
10-30-2006, 09:25 AM
I just got off the phone with the person at Professional Mass Air Solutions and they do not have the black box completed. In fact, they said it might be ready to ship back on Friday. Well, Friday is too late.

I really, really tried to get it all ready for SSHS6. My drop-dead date was Wednesday and they assured me that it will not be here by then. They were still digging throught he potting in the box to see what burned up so that they can fix it for the next box. It was determined the averaging circuit failed but they still don't know why.

. . sigh . .

John

merc
10-30-2006, 10:04 AM
sigh . .

John

I really looked forward to meeting you and your car. I will send you some Impala burgers in the mail Monday morning.

DEFYANT
10-30-2006, 10:39 AM
I really looked forward to meeting you and your car.

+1 :(

Long shot...

You know, there will be cars coming in from all over the county. If it will be ready by Friday maybe someone can pick it up and get it to you...:confused:

MarauderTJA
10-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Right now, it doesn't look for me to make to SSHS6:mad2: . My new 8 rib belt I had to order will not show up until Thursday. Then I have to make a 2.5 hour drive back to Diablosport on the east coast of Florida, pull the blower, make some pulley changes and make sure the tensioner range is OK. SO, I really don't think I will be able to get everything together to leave Friday morning for Commerce (10 hour drive).

Marauderville drag day is my focus now. Hope you all do well..Man I am:mad: .

Hotrauder
10-30-2006, 06:00 PM
Sorry my friend. I was hoping to crew for the mighty Prorauder 2 there. Who is going to coach me now? See you at MVIV. I hope all works out easily.
see you there. Dennis

FordNut
10-30-2006, 07:21 PM
Right now, it doesn't look for me to make to SSHS6:mad2: . My new 8 rib belt I had to order will not show up until Thursday. Then I have to make a 2.5 hour drive back to Diablosport on the east coast of Florida, pull the blower, make some pulley changes and make sure the tensioner range is OK. SO, I really don't think I will be able to get everything together to leave Friday morning for Commerce (10 hour drive).

Marauderville drag day is my focus now. Hope you all do well..Man I am:mad: .

Oh man, what a bummer...

No Zack's KB
No John's 6-71
No Tom's D1SC

:bigcry:

glassman99
10-30-2006, 08:18 PM
Oh man, what a bummer...

No Zack's KB
No John's 6-71
No Tom's D1SC

I guess it's up to you and Marty to represent the Big Boy Marauders! :bows: :bows: :bows: :bows:

FordNut
10-30-2006, 09:17 PM
I guess it's up to you and Marty to represent the Big Boy Marauders! :bows: :bows: :bows: :bows:

Wrong...
Marty, Tom (Marauderman), and you. Y'all have built motors, mine's limited by the stock bottom end.

merc
10-30-2006, 09:37 PM
What time does the event start ? I couldn't find that infomation on the SSHS6 website. Nevermind I found it.
http://www.sshs6.com/techdetails.html

MarauderTJA
10-31-2006, 05:51 AM
Oh man, what a bummer...

No Zack's KB
No John's 6-71
No Tom's D1SC

As we all can say without reservation, welcome to high performance world.

merc
10-31-2006, 07:47 AM
Holy Cow, I just read this information. I need a drive shaft loop now.

OEM production line all-wheel-drive vehicles permitted. Drive shaft loop required on all cars running 13.99 (*8.59) or quicker (except vehicles running 13.00 (*8.14) or slower cars equipped with street tires.) See General Regulations 2.4.

On any car in which the driver sits over or in back of the rearend center section, a suitable protective shield of .120-inch (3 mm) minimum thickness steel plate must be installed for those units with universal joints securely mounted to the rearend center section and the bellhousing adapter. Where possible, couplers are recommended in place of U-joints. For straight couplers, the minimum requirement is .063-inch (1.6 mm) aluminium which must contain an inspection cover for removal and inspection of the coupler, securely mounted to the rearend center section and the bellhousing adapter, or as noted in Class Requirements. In place of a crossmember, in the vicinity of the front universal joint, all cars in competition using open driveshafts, must have a retainer loop 360-degrees of enclosure, 1/4-inch (6.35 mm) minimum thickness and 2-inches (5.1 cm) wide, or 7/8-inch (22.2 mm) x .065-inch (1.65 mm) welded steel tubing, securely mounted and located within 6-inches (15.2 cm) of the front universal joint f or support of the driveshaft in event of U-joint failure. Recommended the loop be round rather than oblong to minimize loading on loop. Open drivelines passing any part of the drivers body must be completely enclosed in 1/8-inch (3.2 mm) minimum thickness steel plate, securely mounted to the frame or frame structure.

Blown3.8
10-31-2006, 12:16 PM
well we went to the track this past sunday just to mess around. and what do ya know? the track lock breaks and locks the rear up. so now i have to do a rear end rebuild in a couple days to try and make it down there.

we'll be there tho. no biggy. if worst comes to worst we'll swap the rear out of the beater marauder to get there. we'll just lose the 4.30 and be back at 3.55.