PDA

View Full Version : unconfirmed reports on trilogy

BigMerc
05-20-2003, 04:31 PM
Don't want to start anything, but need to either confirm or dispel a rumor about the trilogy Marauder. Someone in that area said the car suffered some sort of mechanical failure (engine problems) and that it is being fixed, they felt it was due to the supercharger. I cannot find anyone who will confirm either way, that is not directly related to the Company, Anyone else hear this? if not then ill regard it as a bad information, but if there was a problem i would like to find out what it was

Menace
05-20-2003, 05:34 PM
:( :confused: :help: :mad2: :alone:

Tom Kuznicki
05-20-2003, 06:08 PM
:burnout: I don't know who may have told you that the MM was broke, but I'm here to tell you that as of yesterday, when I was given a ride on Michigan Ave, the car was alive and ass kicking.:D

Menace
05-20-2003, 06:19 PM
Tell us more, please.

Tom Kuznicki
05-20-2003, 06:29 PM
I stopped by their shop yesterday afternoon to check the place out and after getting a walk around, the owner came in and asked me if I wanted to go for a ride with him, I thought welllllllllll, ok so we headed out onto Michigan Ave and thats when the FUN started. He flat pedaled it and this beast just left 2 verrrrryyyyyy long stripes and a lot of tire smoke! we hit a few side streets and repeated the above over and over. That goddamn car just flat flies. Once I get my Lightning out for the summer, I'm gonna take it to their shop and maybe let him take it for a spin.

Menace
05-20-2003, 06:37 PM
Thanks Tom, I am eagerly waiting on one of these units and hoping everything works out with it. Do you have a Marauder also?

Tom Kuznicki
05-20-2003, 06:43 PM
I sure do. had it at St. Louie over the weekend at WFC6. I ran a ( on the brakes pass) , actually, I lifted at the 1000ft mark and laid on the brakes at the first stripe while chasing down an 18 sec. cougar, I ended up breaking out and ran a 14.93 @ "81"mph. If I had stayed in it I'm sure the car would have gone a 14.60.

Menace
05-20-2003, 06:51 PM
Nice run, are you stock? It would be nice if you can keep us informed of anything you hear about this sc kit since you live close to Trilogy. Thanks again.

MI2QWK4U
05-20-2003, 07:24 PM
Who told you that there was a problem with the Trilogy Marauder? I am always curious about how false rumors start. For starters, Lidio ran the car at Milan April 27, at National Trail on March 4, and a track in St. Louis last week. Last week when I stopped by the shop and it was just fine, a couple of days later when I went by, it was at the dyno. So just to set the record straight, there is nothing wrong with the Trilogy Marauder. Now I don't work for Trilogy or Lidio, but have made it a point to learn as much about the setup as possible, this is easy because I live 5 minutes from the shop. From what I have seen, there have been no engine or supercharger problems. I have seen a lot of work being put into developing the best possible kit for an eager group of enthusiests. I trust Lidio, as does a very large group of Mustang performance owners, and have had a lot of work done on my Mustang over the 13 years I have known him. All I know is that if he tells me the setup is sound, thats good enough for me. I will be the first in line at the shop to have this kit installed. By the way, I finished reading the 5.0 Mustang & Fords magazine that had the note on the Marauder at the strip, and actually found 3 references of Lidios work on different cars, one being an actual featured article car. So I guess I'm back to who "they" are. I just hate to see something not true run rampant. I know who my sources are, besides my actually seeing the functional car as of a week ago. I think that Lidio is running the Marauder at a track in Ohio this weenend, don't remember the name of it though. I hope this answers the questions and quells the bad information. I for one can't wait for the kit, but I'm glad they are taking the time to do it right.... I guess I have had the unique opportunity to be a fly on the wall and watch this develop for the last couple of months and know for a fact whats going on. Wheeew, had to get that off my chest.
Thanks for listening....
Dave

MI2QWK4U
05-20-2003, 07:32 PM
Hello Tom....It's funny you should mention that..... I just talked to Jerry from Trilogy on the phone, he told me about the Michigan Ave. roadtrip you mentioned above. Do you understand why I am floored over that car? If you want at good laugh, look up my posting from a couple months ago after I got home from my first drive in the Trilogy Marauder! I couldn't express enough about that rocket!

And for Menace....you can get a good nights sleep knowing the car is in one piece and running like a top! I think we will have to rumble over kit #1!!

BRSMERC
05-20-2003, 08:57 PM
This a great site. I too am waiting with baited breath for the SC. I said I had to pay for the MM first (end of June), come to terms (in my head) with throwing warrantee away, the distance, and the cost. In my mind (with the help of all of your posts) this is behind me. I'm ready to "belly up to the bar" and when available order one of these things. To me this seems to have a good HP/cost ratio and gives the vehicle the best of both worlds; touring and muscle.

Brian

Lidio
05-20-2003, 11:05 PM
Boy Oh boy what people will say or start.... Tisk.... Tisk....

Nothing more to say on this one…

Menace
05-21-2003, 03:54 AM
Thanks for the 411 Dave, keep us informed. Yes, we may have to rumble!

BigMerc
05-21-2003, 08:18 AM
Thats why I asked, the guy who told me lives up that way and was going to the open house and said it was delayed due to in part the problems with the MM. I want one of these kits badly and thats why I have inquired. Thats a good thing because it has been clarified as a falsehood by 3 persons, which satisfies me.

Trilogy-Michal
05-21-2003, 08:46 AM
Hello Everyone,

This is Jerry Barnes, President & CEO, of Trilogy International/Motorsports. I just read everyone's dialogue about the rumor that was heard. I also think you guys should hear it from the horses mouth. We have not had any problems with the car at all and the only thing we do is drag race it! Normal use is not in our vocabulary. Don't forget this is a development vehicle, which there is only one, and we have had normal production start up items to address. We have had to change a pulley we because it was not manuafctured to our specified tolerances. That issue was resolved without any further concern. We had to change one of the drive belt that squeaked. That was done and the problem did not reoccur. Other then those minor items the car has performed very, very well. We are all very proud of the quality of the work and the performance results we have achieved in our first new product! We will not, ever, put our name on a piece of crap! Our reputation is too important!

Our primary business is engineering services for Ford Motor Company. We have grown very rapidly over the last 6 years from a company I started with the money I had in my pocket to about $7-8 million of business a year. This has happended as the result of very good people and a lot of hard work. We are involved in almost every new program Ford is working in some form or other. That's why we designed this product with as good or better standards then Ford uses on their production vehicles. We completely designed and engineered this vehicle digitally before we ever made a part! Something that we will show everyone when we have our Open House in late June.

I also agree with Dave's comment's about Lidio. He is an honest person that does great work. We have asked him for his opinion and help on numerous occassions because of his knowledge and experience, he is one of the best! So, if Lidio tells us we have a piece of Sh_t we would believe him and fix the problem, but I think if you talk to Lidio, he will tell you it is a good product for a fair price.

So I don't want to bullsh_t everyone, but I thought that it was important that you hear directly from us about any rumors that get started.

Oh, by the way, we concluded our discussions with our suppliers yesterday and hope to have the product in peoples hands by July. We will not push this process and sacrifice quality. So please be patient with our development and we will do our best to keep up with everyone's inquiries. In the future, if there are any rumors please feel free to contact us directly and will be very up front with any success or failures we have. I agree with Tom, Lidio and Dave's comments.

Previews of coming attractions :

1. The Marauder is only planned to go away for 2005 and return in 2006 as a result of engineering work required for government Lev2 Evap requirements. But, we are working with Ford to see if we can keep the car in 2005.

2. I am meeting with the head of Ford Racing next week to cover a variety of items that I will share next week.

3. All 2 valve and 4 valve Mod Motors are going to a 3 valve applications in 2006 or 7. Stay tuned for our future product plans.

4. I am personnally visiting all of the large Marauder dealerships in Michigan to talk about our product.

5. If you can make it to our Open House we can share a ton of information with anyone interested, it should be fun!

Thanks for everyone's time. Please stay in touch!

Tom Kuznicki
05-21-2003, 04:43 PM
Well, I guess that says it all. And yes, My MM is stock, except for a JDM engineering chip and filter. And last but certainly not least, I would like to thank Jerry for the opportunity to ride in that big honkin beast Monday.

DLoreanMARAUDER
05-21-2003, 07:22 PM
WOW thats awsome, I cant wait till the kit comes out, maybe ill buy it and just keep it in the trunk till the warranty runs out (just in case its not avalible then). thers so much to do to the car, but so manny warranty issues. sorry my first NEW car and i wanna take full advantage of the warranty.

Originally posted by Trilogy-Michal

1. The Marauder is only planned to go away for 2005 and return in 2006 as a result of engineering work required for government Lev2 Evap requirements. But, we are working with Ford to see if we can keep the car in 2005.

SEE I TOLD YOU. and you all thought I was just a crazy kid who didnt know any better. smart in my opinion, cause everyone will think its disontinued and wanna buy one, then when it comes back sales will SKY ROCKET!

BRSMERC
05-21-2003, 08:32 PM
For what it is worth - my thoughts on warrantee. First, warantee is only a group insurance policy. If you can cover the repair costs, insure yourself and get the SC. In my job we deal with big $$$ warantees and they are really not worth the paper they are written on. It almost always boils down to negotaion and a reasonable give and take on both sides. I believe this kind of relationship can be built with your dealer, with or without mods. Of course with mods you will be more on the give side.
I plan to go over my MM with a fine tooth comb and get any warantee work done before the SC. There are lots of diagnostics - oil analysis, compression, leak down, etc. When she has a clean bill of health - in goes the SC.
In the old days, I would put seat covers in my new car - now - sit in the new seats - replace when required.

Brian