PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got A Chip!

Ross
05-21-2003, 12:07 PM
Well, I figured I would let a pro do it! I got a Diablo chip installed by Simply Performance in Houston yesterday. Definite difference in shifting, and winding out the RPM's higher from a dead stop. BTW, while I was there, they asked me if I wanted a ride in "the world's fastest Marauder." How could I say no? Their car has recently turned a 12.7 quarter at the strip in Baytown, outside of Houston. Although extensively modified, it was still street legal, so I rode while the owner drove, and it was an awesome experience. Anyone know of any Marauders that have come up quicker than 12.7? Now let's see, how many mods will I need to make my baby do that...?

MAD-3R
05-21-2003, 12:21 PM
Well... Mensrea just ran a 12.79 Does that count? And he's 100% street legal. And posted his Time Slip.

Worlds Fastest Marauder? That is a title that will change hands many, many times in the comming months.

Ross
05-21-2003, 01:01 PM
Yes, when I heard the claim, I didn't know how to respond, but I sure wanted a ride in that thing! Supposedly this car is number one on some Mustang race circuit this year. Even though it's not a Mustang, it meets the technical requirements because it shares so much as far as the engine goes. They said that it hasn't lost a race on that particular circuit this year. Wish I could remember the circuit name.

MAD-3R
05-21-2003, 01:04 PM
Thats cool to hear someone racing one on a circuit.

Ray Snyder
05-21-2003, 01:06 PM
Ross,
where are those guys located. I used Houston High Performance to do my work, they are on 249 at the Beltway.

Ross
05-21-2003, 01:13 PM
Ray, Strictly Performance is on Moseley Street near Hobby Airport. (713) 910 0111. Ask for Richard. Nice guys. They welcome you into their shop to watch them work, and love to talk about cars. They don't make someone like me feel foolish when I ask a stupid question. Come to think of it, they're a lot like the guys on this board!

www.strictlypro.com