PDA

View Full Version : Magnaflow question about Part #

Breadfan
09-11-2006, 07:23 AM
Although I know not the recommended Part #, how will the 14326 mufflers fit on a Marauder?

I have a non-stock cat-back, so that may give some difficulty, I'm not sure the pipe diameter or how long my current mufflers are so I don't know how direct the swap will be. I'll have to measure I guess...

Anyway, I know some have used these, and the nipples may need to be compressed. Any thoughts on if they'll work?

Only reason I seek for a non recommended part # is I have a chance to get a pair from someone I know very cheap I want to know if they'll work.

Thanks!

Here's a link:
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=588

TAF
09-11-2006, 07:38 AM
They'll work fine...they'll just need some work as to the connection to the tailpipes (assuming yours are still the stock 2 1/4" tailpipes) as these are shorted than the usually used 18". Also...they will have a more aggressive sound.

magindat
09-11-2006, 07:42 AM
What TAF said...

The shorter will sound more agressive. My shop changed mine from 18's to 14's and I enjoy them much more.

You may want to extend your tips if you use 14's so everyone else hears your exhaust and you have less cabin drone (unless you like it!)

Breadfan
09-11-2006, 07:52 AM
Thanks thats what I needed to hear. They may be too loud for what I want but for the price I will probably look to put them on when I get my 4" tips from Wes.

I'll save my current mufflers incase I get droned out. :)

magindat
09-11-2006, 08:07 AM
Dude, that's gonna sound super-bad!

ckadiddle
09-11-2006, 09:51 AM

Anyway, I know some have used these, and the nipples may need to be compressed. ......

:eek: Owwweee!!!:eek:

Breadfan
09-11-2006, 10:33 AM
:eek: Owwweee!!!:eek:

I noticed that appears to be the technical term, I cringed when I wrote it though. :)

Breadfan
09-11-2006, 02:26 PM
Got some more info, turns out he had the wrong part #, they're offset/offset versions, 14377: http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=584

So back to the drawing board. I'll probably end up with the 18" magnaflows if I buy them new. I think that'll be loud enough.

I may just put the res deletes on first and see how my current mufflers sound. :)

Thanks anyway guys!