PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust ?

I Tried
09-13-2006, 08:13 AM
Any body ever have the exhaust pipes that have the cats in them made with out cats of anybody sell them already made??

If I find a shop to make them anybody else intrested in a set. These would be a direct bolt in with holes for o2 sensors. so the down streem o2's have to be turned off in the tune or mil eliminators used. I want a little better flow and sound and think this is the way to go.

Tim

KillJoy
09-13-2006, 08:19 AM
As far as I know, there are no aftermarket X or H Pipes that mate to the factory manifolds.

KillJoy

TAF
09-13-2006, 08:46 AM
Any body ever have the exhaust pipes that have the cats in them made with out cats of anybody sell them already made??
Tim

Why? What are you trying to accomplish?

I Tried
09-13-2006, 10:05 AM
I would like better sound and maby more power. I know if you remove the cats on a mustang you pick up like 14 rwhp. I just dont know why nobody makes a off road set up for the marauder. I will be pulling the pipes off mine in about a month or so and see what it costs to have some maid.

TAF
09-13-2006, 10:21 AM
1) If you want sound...start with the mufflers only.

2) Search the site using "exhaust"...get a large cup of coffee and read...you'll learn all you need to know about exhaust on these cars.

3) Unless you have someone who REALLY knows what their doing (tuning wise)...your Marauder will not run correctly without CATs.

4) It is illegal by Federal Law to remove CATs and not replace them with at least aftermarket high-flow CATs.

Hope this helps....

TAF
09-13-2006, 10:23 AM
Oh...and the 14 RWHP thing on Mustangs....that is certainly subject to scrutiny, in my opinion.

fastblackmerc
09-13-2006, 10:28 AM
I Tried, listen to Todd the resident exhaust expert.... :up:

I Tried
09-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Why would my car not run right without the cats? It doesent know they are there right now I had lidio turn off the down stream 02's when he did my tune for this modification or if I did kooks long tubes. If they are on you can simply plug in the mil eliminator and fool the pcm into thinking the cats are there. I will be making replacement pipes so I can put the cats back in if I sell it but here in minnesota we do not have emissions testing so I dont need to be as concerned. I am a tech at a ford dealer for a living so try not to play me as some retard. The stock cats on all cars are more of a restriction, and a properly tuned car can actually run moer efficently and have less emmissions with out egr and cats if you tune them that way but our fedral emissions requires them. 12 years ago when I was in tech shcool, The ford asset program being trained by ford motor company we did a emissions test with a dyno and sniffer on my 1963 chevy impala with a 283 and dual exhaust and no cats or any emisisons bs for that matter and tested a brand new 1994 lincon mark 8 My car produced less co2 and nox and got 24 mpg and the brand new car that got 18 mpg it had about 4k miles on it and was driven by a ford motorcompany field service engineere. He told me the same thing that you can tune a car to get good gas mileage and have less emmisions with out the egr and cats but the fedral goverment will now alow it!

Sorry for the rant! I want a little better flow and a little better exhaust sound and think this is the most affordable way to do it. And also have it easly changeable.

Tim

TAF
09-13-2006, 11:11 AM
I yield to your expertise.... you obviously don't need any help from anyone here....being a Ford Tech, and all. :rolleyes:

I am a tech at a ford dealer for a living so try not to play me as some retard....Tim

BTW...looking for "sound" and "power" on a Marauder exhaust system by starting with eliminating the CATs....before doing mufflers?

yeah...you're pretty much a "retard". :shake:

Zack
09-13-2006, 11:43 AM
The O2 sensors will not get hot enough to work properly.
You should keep the cats.

ctrlraven
09-13-2006, 12:10 PM
I was thinking somewhat like you are but my reason for removing them was to get rid of one that was clogged and replace with a single pair of high flow cats and not worry about them again. Once I have a few days off from work I will be making new pipes from the exhaust manifold to my flowmasters with 2.5" piping and adding in a single pair of magnaflow cats in. I'll be doing in 2 pieces downtubes with cats attacthed to the end and a custom h-pipe connecting from to the flowmasters. I know it will give me a few extra hp around mid-top area cause it will have better flow and more exhaust tone to seduced people with as I drive around lol.

CRUZTAKER
09-13-2006, 12:17 PM
You have had two replies from two knowledgable people.
One longer and more to the point...:P

I believe you are on your own if you decide to push this unwise decision.

Ill refrain from out right calling you a retard. However, most uneducated folks start with mufflers to change exhaust note.

SergntMac
09-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Once I have a few days off from work I will be making new pipes from the exhaust manifold to my flowmasters with 2.5" piping and adding in a single pair of magnaflow cats in. I'll be doing in 2 pieces downtubes with cats attacthed to the end and a custom h-pipe connecting from to the flowmasters. I know it will give me a few extra hp around mid-top area cause it will have better flow and more exhaust tone to seduced people with as I drive around lol.I'm not sure if you are teasing us, or, you are serious. I'll presume serious.

If you follow the plan you map out here, retaining stock Marauder manifolds, but increasing exhaust pipe OD, you will most likely not like the performance. You may like the sound, but the car won't be moving any faster from a dead stop.

It's questionable if you will really flow more exhaust, because the bottle neck is the manifolds, and you're leaving them in place. If you do pick up some power, it will be mid-range (4000 RPM and up) horsepower, it will be a trade-off for low RPM torque.

It's torque that moves the car, not horsepower.

Moreover, cats function on heat, high flow or OEM, they need to get hot to work. Moving them further down the pipe will not allow them to reach their ideal heat range, and they will not function correctly. If this is what you want to do, may as well leave them off.

Just my .02C, carry on gents.

John Burgess
09-13-2006, 01:28 PM
I put Flowmasters on my 04 ,the droneing sound almost drove me crazy,I had to put the stock mufflers back on.

ScottB
09-13-2006, 01:52 PM
The O2 sensors will not get hot enough to work properly.
You should keep the cats.

Why is this? Does the MM use a different kind of O2? Or are you talking about the rear O2s? Those wouldn't matter in his case.

jabo731
09-13-2006, 02:22 PM
I have the Kooks system without the cats. I use O2 eliminators its been like that for about 2 years without issue. When I was in Florida Dennis retuned my car without incident.

MM_BKK
09-13-2006, 03:05 PM
The ford asset program being trained by ford motor company we did a emissions test with a dyno and sniffer on my 1963 chevy impala with a 283 and dual exhaust and no cats or any emisisons bs for that matter and tested a brand new 1994 lincon mark 8 My car produced less co2 and nox and got 24 mpg and the brand new car that got 18 mpg it had about 4k miles on it and was driven by a ford motorcompany field service engineere. He told me the same thing that you can tune a car to get good gas mileage and have less emmisions with out the egr and cats but the fedral goverment will now alow it!

Tim

So you're telling us that the brand new '94 Lincoln with all the "emissions bs" puts out more emission than your '63 Impala without any "emissions bs". Then why does the manufacturer spend so much R & D and money on each vehicle for the "emission bs" if its not going to reduce any emissions? Also, what kind of transmission and rear end gears you have on the Impala that's getting you 24 mpg and is that with a 4 barrel carb? So if you have a 20 gallons fuel tank, you can go at least 480 miles?! Are you mostly coasting down hill?

I Tried
09-13-2006, 03:17 PM
I yield to your expertise.... you obviously don't need any help from anyone here....being a Ford Tech, and all. :rolleyes:

BTW...looking for "sound" and "power" on a Marauder exhaust system by starting with eliminating the CATs....before doing mufflers?

yeah...you're pretty much a "retard". :shake:

Boy you are a **** STICK. Your avatar must be really of you! I have had a few mustangs that I have put mufflers on and other people have added that droan becomes a problem. I DONT WANT DROAN IN THE CAR! I also of the understanding that the stock exhaust other than the cats flows quite well. I have purchased a pair of manafolds that have been extrude honed. I also talked to Paul at Pauls High preformance in michigan who has doen this exact exhaust system and he yeilded a good hp gain at the wheels so I was going to try the same thing. I am not expecting a night and day diff just trying to pick up a little If I want more power I will just up the shot of nitrous. It already runs in the 12's and gets the wife to and from work every day.

I Tried
09-13-2006, 03:27 PM
So you're telling us that the brand new '94 Lincoln with all the "emissions bs" puts out more emission than your '63 Impala without any "emissions bs". Then why does the manufacturer spend so much R & D and money on each vehicle for the "emission bs" if its not going to reduce any emissions? Also, what kind of transmission and rear end gears you have on the Impala that's getting you 24 mpg and is that with a 4 barrel carb? So if you have a 20 gallons fuel tank, you can go at least 480 miles?! Are you mostly coasting down hill?

My 63 was a stock 2bbl carb and intake with stock manafolds and a power glide with 2.73 gears. The reason that the manufactures spend so much $ on RD is because they have to run these things by fedral law! They cannot sell a new car without these things because they were proven to work in the early 70's to late 80's I am saying that with the ability of the computers in the cars today it can be done without it. I also have a 1964 Mercury comet that you can find on line at Car Craft Magazines web sight. They did a feature in their magazine when I built it in 2001 for my wife to drive. It is in the march of 2002 issue if I rember right. It has a fuel injected 306 cubic engine with edelbrock Heads and intake that are all extrude honed. It makes 361hp and 344 tq to the rear wheels through exhaust NA and has run a best of 12.61 at 121mph in the quarter on street tires with 3.25 gears in the stock 8" rear end and a T5 5 spd No EGR or cats and gets 25-27 mpg on the Highway. It also passed Minnestoa State and fedral emisions for the 2001 model year for new cars. I had to have it tested when I built it, minnesota still tested than. Im not saying that emisions systems are bad Im all 4 clean air, it is the guys in washington that need to get with it they are killing the auto manufactures with regulations and these regulations are one of the reasons why myself and alot of engineers and other technicions feel new cars dont seem to make mileage.

Flame Away boys just my .02:argue:

TAF
09-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Boy you are a **** STICK. Your avatar must be really of you! I have had a few mustangs that I have put mufflers on and other people have added that droan becomes a problem. I DONT WANT DROAN IN THE CAR! I also of the understanding that the stock exhaust other than the cats flows quite well. I have purchased a pair of manafolds that have been extrude honed. I also talked to Paul at Pauls High preformance in michigan who has doen this exact exhaust system and he yeilded a good hp gain at the wheels so I was going to try the same thing. I am not expecting a night and day diff just trying to pick up a little If I want more power I will just up the shot of nitrous. It already runs in the 12's and gets the wife to and from work every day.

First of all...I tried to help you with my initial 2 posts. Then you wanted to try and reinvent the wheel on Marauder exhaust systems. Guess what "Ford Tech Boy"...whatever your wettest dreams are...they've already been tried.

Second....ask Paul how his Marauder runs....Oh...that's right....it DON'T run.....for a while it does (I hear) then it breaks and breaks and breaks. The guy knows his stuff on Mustangs...I'll give him that...but any Marauder I've heard him build ALWAYS breaks.

Third...I'll tell you what...here's a couple pics of the exhaust on my Marauder...be sure you post up pics of whatever cobbled up POS you end up with.

Enjoy!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/8/3/mine3_269800.JPG

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/8/3/mine2_643300.JPG

TAF
09-13-2006, 03:39 PM
Oh...and tell your wife I'll run her anytime in her 12 second grocery getter....

I assume SHE'S the driver in the family?

And that's MR. Stick to you.

MarauderMark
09-13-2006, 04:15 PM

MAN!!!:eek: Thats beautiful and clean:up:

Petrograde
09-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Round One goes to TAF.

:P

Hotrauder
09-13-2006, 04:29 PM
Todd, every time I see pics of the work from your shop my mouth hangs open so long my coffee get cold. I know my guy is good, everything tucked up and neat; and I really appreciate the work they have done but your stuff is art.:bows: I am really looking forward to meeting you in November. Dennis...ps your posts crack me up. thanks

TAF
09-13-2006, 04:30 PM
I am really looking forward to meeting you in November. Dennis...

same here Dennis!

BruteForce
09-13-2006, 04:32 PM

I believe that is spelled SCHTICK. :D

jgc61sr2002
09-13-2006, 04:35 PM
First of all...I tried to help you with my initial 2 posts. Then you wanted to try and reinvent the wheel on Marauder exhaust systems. Guess what "Ford Tech Boy"...whatever your wettest dreams are...they've already been tried.

Second....ask Paul how his Marauder runs....Oh...that's right....it DON'T run.....for a while it does (I hear) then it breaks and breaks and breaks. The guy knows his stuff on Mustangs...I'll give him that...but any Marauder I've heard him build ALWAYS breaks.

Third...I'll tell you what...here's a couple pics of the exhaust on my Marauder...be sure you post up pics of whatever cobbled up POS you end up with.

Enjoy!

Todd - That is a work of art.:D Nice Job.:up:

the_pack_rat
09-13-2006, 04:53 PM
Todd,

That reelly nyce. It would kool if day sum my MM under look like that.

You and guys your keep up the gud werk.

TAF
09-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Todd,

That reelly nyce. It would kool if day sum my MM under look like that.

You and guys your keep up the gud werk.

That right there is some funny stuff^^^^^

Bradley G
09-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Todd I never had the hankerin's for pipes, till I seen your stuff!
WOWWEE:beatnik:

hwy73
09-13-2006, 07:06 PM
TIME OUT !

That is a beautiful exhaust system.

TIME IN !

:popcorn:

STLR FN
09-13-2006, 11:14 PM

Todd I hate you for having such a nice piece of art under your Marauder. :)

I Tried
09-14-2006, 06:17 AM
Oh...and tell your wife I'll run her anytime in her 12 second grocery getter....

I assume SHE'S the driver in the family?

Todd, Your exhaust is nice, You dont know me and I have never met you. I know by your work if you did your exhaust that you do nice work but I think you are closed minded on the cat issue and that is all I am going to say about it now I am done it is my car and I will do what I want. The marauder is the wifes car and she has raced it to a best of 12.92 on a 100 shot and she was driving, Try not to underestimate her because she also races snow cross in winter on her snowmobile. I have a Lightning I drag race that runs 9's with a single turbo I have only ran this car when my truck is down. I just did not like the flaming I got form everyone on here! I guess 12 years at a ford dealer and 2+ years of school and a ford senior master status and ASE master status as a tech are not as good as you! Sorry again Master!

KillJoy
09-14-2006, 09:53 AM
Todd, Your exhaust is nice, You dont know me and I have never met you. I know by your work if you did your exhaust that you do nice work but I think you are closed minded on the cat issue and that is all I am going to say about it now I am done it is my car and I will do what I want. The marauder is the wifes car and she has raced it to a best of 12.92 on a 100 shot and she was driving, Try not to underestimate her because she also races snow cross in winter on her snowmobile. I have a Lightning I drag race that runs 9's with a single turbo I have only ran this car when my truck is down. I just did not like the flaming I got form everyone on here! I guess 12 years at a ford dealer and 2+ years of school and a ford senior master status and ASE master status as a tech are not as good as you! Sorry again Master!

Not to be hatin' on anyone here....but, most here do not like when a new member tells a well established one that he is full of *****.

Just my two cents

KillJoy

2003 MIB
09-14-2006, 10:48 AM
I just like threads with the word "retard" in them.

GA-Marauder
09-14-2006, 11:05 AM

Hey!! That x-pipe looks just like mine!! Wish the rest did...:P

SergntMac
09-14-2006, 11:07 AM
I just did not like the flaming I got form everyone on here! I guess 12 years at a ford dealer and 2+ years of school and a ford senior master status and ASE master status as a tech are not as good as you! Sorry again Master!I must have misread your opening post. I believed you stopped by to ask advice?

Since there has been a lot of development among us in four years, the first being the hardest, we have learned a lot about what works and what doesn't work on a Marauder.

I went to school. Yep, I got a fancy degree, and 30 years in my trade behind it. Ya know what I learned?

How to learn something new.

When it comes to exhaust stuff, TAF is indeed a skilled Master. Despite your years of experience and formal training, he is on the cutting edge of what works and what can be done better, and he does it every day.

Looks like you're not going to stick around and enjoy that talent, what a shame.

I Tried
09-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Not to be hatin' on anyone here....but, most here do not like when a new member tells a well established one that he is full of *****.

Just my two cents

KillJoy

I did not tell him he is full of shi% just closed minded. I did not mean he is full of shi%! I was wondering why there is nothing out there that is a simple bolt on and if I found a vendor to make them if there was a demand. This is a simple comon modification on many other cars. If there is no power gain to be had by removing the cats why not reuse the stock ones? What would be the gain of a high flow cat??? That is if the stock ones are not holding it back? I already have the down stream o2's off so the computer dosen know if they are there or working, and the well established member said my car would not run good without them. Cats have no affect on how the car runs, otherwise the car would not run without exhauset yet it will. I am looking for a little better sound not loud and no droan in the car. My kids ride in this thing alot. When I have my mod done I will report results on it because I plan to do 5 gas samples before and after to report how the emissions come out. I beleive that I can have these pipes made for about what it will cost me to buy a set of good sounding muffler and I bet the car will pick up more power with the catless pipes installed and stock mufflers than just mufflers and sound close to the same and maby a bit quieter. I just had to go on the defence because everybody jumped on the band wagon and began flaming. I did get a few pm messages from people who are intrested and a few saying the person who started to flame me saying he is the board know it all riping on him I did not say that I do not know him. He obviously knows what he is doing and I beleive I do also. To each is his own, if theis was a bad mod you would not see offroad H and X pipes for every make and moddle car but ours I beleive the only reason they are not mass produced for the marauder is there is verry little demand. I was seeing if there was a demand. I have a exhaust shop about 20 miles from me that makes headers for bbk and sumit and jegs that will mandural bend and make the pipes for me. Im gona give it a try.

ScottB
09-14-2006, 11:39 AM
I would sure like to see some vacuum readings across the board both before and after.

Good luck!

KillJoy
09-14-2006, 11:40 AM
There is no harm in trying anything, other than the cost.

So...you are planning on getting a Cat-Less X (or H) Pipe made from Mandrel Bent Metal at a local shop...correct?

If you do.....try these testing measures:

1. Get Before and After "sniffer" results
2. Get Before and After Dyno results

These two things should answer everyone's questions. ;)

KillJoy

TAF
09-14-2006, 11:47 AM
I did not tell him he is full of shi% just closed minded. I did not mean he is full of shi%! I was wondering why there is nothing out there that is a simple bolt on and if I found a vendor to make them if there was a demand. This is a simple comon modification on many other cars. If there is no power gain to be had by removing the cats why not reuse the stock ones? What would be the gain of a high flow cat??? That is if the stock ones are not holding it back? I already have the down stream o2's off so the computer dosen know if they are there or working, and the well established member said my car would not run good without them. Cats have no affect on how the car runs, otherwise the car would not run without exhauset yet it will. I am looking for a little better sound not loud and no droan in the car. My kids ride in this thing alot. When I have my mod done I will report results on it because I plan to do 5 gas samples before and after to report how the emissions come out. I beleive that I can have these pipes made for about what it will cost me to buy a set of good sounding muffler and I bet the car will pick up more power with the catless pipes installed and stock mufflers than just mufflers and sound close to the same and maby a bit quieter. I just had to go on the defence because everybody jumped on the band wagon and began flaming. I did get a few pm messages from people who are intrested and a few saying the person who started to flame me saying he is the board know it all riping on him I did not say that I do not know him. He obviously knows what he is doing and I beleive I do also. To each is his own, if theis was a bad mod you would not see offroad H and X pipes for every make and moddle car but ours I beleive the only reason they are not mass produced for the marauder is there is verry little demand. I was seeing if there was a demand. I have a exhaust shop about 20 miles from me that makes headers for bbk and sumit and jegs that will mandural bend and make the pipes for me. Im gona give it a try.

First of all...it took me 20 minutes to read (or try to read), decipher and understand just what you're saying here. No, I'm not illiterate...but obviously you are.

Second....I posted...*look at #3....it's the BIG/BOLD one from my 2nd post in this thread.

1) If you want sound...start with the mufflers only.

2) Search the site using "exhaust"...get a large cup of coffee and read...you'll learn all you need to know about exhaust on these cars.

3) Unless you have someone who REALLY knows what their doing (tuning wise)...your Marauder will not run correctly without CATs.

4) It is illegal by Federal Law to remove CATs and not replace them with at least aftermarket high-flow CATs.

Hope this helps....

Third....you are one "Ford Tech" that I'd NEVER let touch my car... and I feel bad for the ones that you do touch...'cause you don't have a blinda$$ clue what you're talking about.

And Fourth....about your PM you received? Yep...there are several members here that can say such a thing to you...I could care less.

ScottB
09-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Like I said I would be happy with vacuum readings. Simultaneous FP readings would be a bonus. Neither requiore a dyno.

There are some parms you can log from the computer that can give you a rough idea of torque at a given rpm, I can't remember what those are exactly. I can't find my autotap even; it is under 5 years of junk :(

KillJoy
09-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Neither requiore a dyno.

A Dyno Before and After....preferrably on the same day a short while apart will show when and where HP and TQ losses / gains are located. There is no "guessing" as to sensor readings and calculations.

KillJoy

I Tried
09-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Todd you are the GOD I guess, So O great one teach me, If I was to take a stock marauder with 0 miles on it and remove the cats and simply plug mil eliminators in and drive it, it would not run properly??? Enlighten me and everybody on here, How would it run different than stock????

:shake:

ScottB
09-14-2006, 12:30 PM
A Dyno Before and After....preferrably on the same day a short while apart will show when and where HP and TQ losses / gains are located. There is no "guessing" as to sensor readings and calculations.

KillJoy

LOL! I meant that neither of those readings require a dyno :)

ScottB
09-14-2006, 12:33 PM

Why is this? How does it know they are there? Does it affect the vacuum in some way? Just curious, never seen such a thing, but my experience is limited.

I Tried
09-14-2006, 12:51 PM
It dosent and that is the point Im trying to make. He is just trying to be superior! If you removed them without the mil eliminators your check engine light would be on for a cat efficency code but no other driveability problem at all.

Loco1234
09-14-2006, 01:23 PM
I thought your O2 sensor inputs to the computer with not only an alarm if its not present but it uses the real time input to adjust engine parameters.... thus making electronic fuel fuel injection better and self healing as opposed to carb....

Without signal input of O2 your engine parameter won't ever vary and will stay static...

Im no expert but I think this thought is in the correct direction.......

I'd asume you'd be better off with a different O2 sensor that doesn't need the cat for proper temp range and then allow it to modulate computer parameters properly.....

the_pack_rat
09-14-2006, 01:27 PM
Ya know ......

That Jayne Mansfield had some big breasts.

PS -

Did you hear FoMoCo is bringing back the Marauder ?.

It's going to be a hybrid that runs on kerosene.

I Tried
09-14-2006, 01:35 PM
Your up stream is the input your down stream is just to check your cat efficency nothing else.

SergntMac
09-14-2006, 02:27 PM
I Dont under stand, are you a azz or do you just come off as one?? I hope you really dont run a business unless your wife makes the money because I have a hard time beleiving your successfull man.

:shake:This is way out of line, dude, we don't do this crap here. Once in a while tempers flare, things get said and folks cool down, that's understood. But even then, there's a line that doesn't get crossed, and you are pushing your luck.

ScottB
09-14-2006, 02:36 PM
It dosent and that is the point Im trying to make. He is just trying to be superior! If you removed them without the mil eliminators your check engine light would be on for a cat efficency code but no other driveability problem at all.

That's been my experience but maybe this PCM is different? That's why I am asking. Mine is on warranty, I don't modify that stuff.

Tallboy
09-14-2006, 02:40 PM

Todd isn't trying to be superior...when it comes to exhaust, he is superior.

Now, then...Why not just go ahead with your project and prove how wrong he is?

I Tried
09-14-2006, 03:04 PM
This is way out of line, dude, we don't do this crap here. Once in a while tempers flare, things get said and folks cool down, that's understood. But even then, there's a line that doesn't get crossed, and you are pushing your luck.

Sorry man post is edited, It usually takes alot to get me this guy know how.

TAF
09-14-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm certainly not the tuning expert...but there are several here that are. As I've said...you want to run MILs in place of the 4 O2 sensors...feel free to do it. I do know that the front O2 sensor reads heat levels and feedsback to the PCM. And running without CATs, without having someone that is really knowledgeable about tuning the vehicle properly as to the feedback can create operating issues. That's what I said in my first post...and I'll say it again..."You better have someone who is REALLY knowledgable on tuning if you're going to eliminate CATs". Why do you think that wide-band tuning is now all the rage with monitoring what's going on as close to the motor as possible in the downpipe? Direct tuning here on a Dyno, via what is present coming out of the motor is the best available tuning these days. Even the post above that said he was running no CATs said he'd had no problems...BECAUSE of the tuning of Dennis.

I'll also say it again...wanting "a little noise and some performance"...and starting with eliminating CATs...is retarded. (that was for you Dan :up:) And you're an idiot if you think going that route as the first choice is the most prudent exhaust mod.

You go ahead and do what you want...and be glad you edited your post.

2003 MIB
09-14-2006, 05:27 PM
is retarded. (that was for you Dan :up:)

Thanks!!:beer:

CRUZTAKER
09-14-2006, 05:56 PM
I'll also say it again...wanting "a little noise and some performance"...and starting with eliminating CATs...is retarded.

I think that was the point that was made 54 posts ago.

Dude, your'e not the first to be told your idea was tarded.
Todd busted my balls when you were in diapers.:P

It's all good.

I hope anyway.

DEFYANT
09-14-2006, 06:06 PM
There is ZERO difference in sound and performance with no cats. At least on my car anyway..

I will echo what the others said. Search around or just swap mufflers and or the resonated tips.

usafsniper
09-14-2006, 06:36 PM
Man, if I could bottle all this animosity and drop it on Kim Jong II in North Korean, we'd eliminate a global threat and I could come home early and join the Trilogy crowd sooner. :mad2:

"I Tried", this is by far one of the less flaming threads here, but you're far better off saying your sorry (I believe the first inflammatory remarks were yours) and being prepared to buy a few beers if you ever come to a meet (and can't say I've been to one yet either...active duty has kept me busy lately).

Try your technique, if it works...great, another proven mod...and most here will apologize and shake your hand. But if it can be done, it's been done by these guys here or is in the works on someone's car. They're only trying to help, and no one knew you were a Ford Master Tech...so how were we to have a clue to your experience till you used it as a slam? No one ever tried to play you as a retard till you "threw" your background in our faces.

MM03MOK
09-14-2006, 06:48 PM
^^^ What Robert said +1 ^^^

Marauderjack
09-15-2006, 03:54 AM
I have not seen this mentioned but.........

I have a fundamental problem with a knowledgeable "Ford Master Tech" deliberately violating FEDERAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS!!:argue:

Otherwise......I welcome you and await your results!!:beer:

Marauderjack:shake: