PDA

View Full Version : What Wax Do you Use?

jimlam56
09-20-2006, 05:55 PM
I'd like to get some major feedback on the wax and car care consumables you use on your vehicles.
The main reason is to get some hard data to try to convince some of the car care suppliers out there to contribute to the raffle being held at MVIV.
Any comments are appreciated.
Miss Mary, a poll please?

KillJoy
09-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Zaino ;)

KillJoy

KAILUAZ
09-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Mother's multi stage, with claybar for my black car. Theres no shine like, mothers,,,,,,

ghost03
09-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Meguires NXT Generation

MM03MOK
09-20-2006, 06:07 PM
I'd like to get some major feedback on the wax and car care consumables you use on your vehicles.
The main reason is to get some hard data to try to convince some of the car care suppliers out there to contribute to the raffle being held at MVIV.
Any comments are appreciated.
Miss Mary, a poll please?
Sure....tell me exactly what you want the poll to say.

jimlam56
09-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Sure....tell me exactly what you want the poll to say.

Sorry:rolleyes:

What wax do you use:

Meguairs

Zaino

Mothers

Turtle wax

Other (Specify)

Logan
09-20-2006, 06:16 PM
Sex wax....

jimlam56
09-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Sex wax....

Oh My...That Word...:eek: :eek: :eek:

MM03MOK
09-20-2006, 06:25 PM
I didn't add other...If you use something else, post it and I'll add it to the poll for you to vote.

Hotrauder
09-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Sex wax....

Well, you did it. No more Masters Broadcasters for you mister smart mouth. :D Dennis.....PS... I admit that I use what ever the guy at the car wash has. My job is to pay him, his is to wax the damn car. Dennis

Cobra25
09-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Meguires NXT Generation I agree with Robert !

jimlam56
09-20-2006, 06:53 PM
Well, you did it. No more Masters Broadcasters for you mister smart mouth. :D Dennis.....PS... I admit that I use what ever the guy at the car wash has. My job is to pay him, his is to wax the damn car. Dennis

And to wreck it???:D

jim geary
09-20-2006, 07:20 PM
Sex wax....
So does it work?

the_pack_rat
09-20-2006, 07:45 PM
I have (2) favorites.

Zaino and Formula 113 (http://www.formula113.com)

The Formula 113 is very easy on/off & leaves very little to no residue.

Zaino when you have the extra time to vest ... Formula 113 when you don't.

Blackmobile
09-20-2006, 08:13 PM
I rediscovered a Teflon wax that is a breeze to come off,
And that is First Place Finish, not sold in stores
http://www.firstplacefinish.com/firstplacefinish/index.html

Drock96Marquis
09-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Various Meguiar's porducts, I like Mirror Glaze #26 - Hi-Tech yellow wax a lot (Very deep, glossy and wet. No cleaning properties, paint must be cleaned & polish before application)

also use Zaino (Z-5 pro+Z-2pro w/ Z8 namely) and Klasse All-In-One+ Klasse Sealant/Glaze ( I like the Klasse twins a lot as well)

FastMerc
09-21-2006, 05:57 AM
My choice is Liquid Glass,bugs cant stand on it.:D

Hotrauder
09-21-2006, 06:10 AM
And to wreck it???:D

We will never see that horror again, at least not at the car wash. Use a different one now that hand washes and does details. I know I should wash my own car but I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. The twist off caps are to blame. My Doc says,"hire someone to open the beer for you." Know anyone who is looking for a full time job?:rofl:

alarmguy
09-21-2006, 06:22 AM
Currently using Eagle1 Nanowax.

ctrlraven
09-21-2006, 06:55 AM
Turtle Wax "Ice" synthetic liquid polish, it was on sale for $14.95 thought I'd give it a try cause it doesn't leave any white residue and is safe for plastics. I've got to say after using some compounds to get all the old wax and stuff off I really don't feel like buffing anymore and with the Turtle Wax stuff its easy on easy off, only problem is you can't see the haze on a light color car but on dark colors it fine. I use it on all my vehicles now and the shine looks amazing and even just with a good handwash, no compounds and just this wax the car makes it feel so smooth.

Flatpicker
09-21-2006, 10:05 AM
I've been using Turtle Wax Ice lately. Great shine and no residue...a HUGE plus with a black car!

Power Surge
09-21-2006, 10:11 AM
I use Zaino. Nothing compares to it, and I've tried all the other major brands. I like the fact that Zaino is not a wax, but a chemical paint protector and optical enhancer. Just my personal opinion.

merc406
09-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Ice is nice on the old girl. :rasta:

jimlam56
09-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the replies, keep em coming.
Again, I'm looking for some numbers to take to Zaino etc. and say "look at all the MM customers you have, why don't you give us something for the MVIV raffle".

Breadfan
09-21-2006, 12:22 PM
Although I have yet to acquire some, I'll second the Turtle Wax Ice after merc's demonstration. He showed it to me on my car, I can't say for sure if the shine was as deep as Zymol or NXT but this stuff is so much better for applying to a black car.

No white resudue - which can be a REAL PAIN to get out of all the cracks.

The shine did look nice, and the demo was enough to convince me to try it. Haven't yet tried it in the sun, but will next time I wax.

Otherwise I've used both Zymol and NXT, both give good results right after but within a week the effects wear off (effects being removal of spiderwebbing).

If turtle wax even comes close it'll be worth it due to the ease of applicaiton and be sloppy if you want because it won't ruin the pastics or get white residue in molding cracks.

merc6
09-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Although I have yet to acquire some, I'll second the Turtle Wax Ice after merc's demonstration. He showed it to me on my car, I can't say for sure if the shine was as deep as Zymol or NXT but this stuff is so much better for applying to a black car.

No white resudue - which can be a REAL PAIN to get out of all the cracks.

The shine did look nice, and the demo was enough to convince me to try it. Haven't yet tried it in the sun, but will next time I wax.

Otherwise I've used both Zymol and NXT, both give good results right after but within a week the effects wear off (effects being removal of spiderwebbing).

If turtle wax even comes close it'll be worth it due to the ease of applicaiton and be sloppy if you want because it won't ruin the pastics or get white residue in molding cracks.
Yeah he had that and something else he used at the bk car show we attended.

whoskal
09-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Meguairs Gold Class

StevenJ
09-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Meguairs Gold Class

Same here. I like it more than Next Generation. It cost less and it is easier to get off.

jgc61sr2002
09-21-2006, 05:06 PM
I prefer Zaino:D

IMO Maguries NXT Generation leaves too much dust.

FastMerc
09-21-2006, 05:20 PM
Liquid Glass also is not a wax a bunch of polymers.Easy on and off and its easy to find about 20.00 a can.That Zaino does not exist around here I never found it.Its fun to watch a fly try to land on it and they slide right off.

Flatpicker
09-21-2006, 08:41 PM
I used to use Zymol, but now use the ice exclusively because of the ease of use and the quality of the shine (it will last far longer than the Zymol). If you apply it in the sun, go over it with a damp cloth (I use microfiber) as you buff it off, especially if it is hot out. If not, it will streak.

michael ward
09-21-2006, 09:52 PM
nothing but the best for my bad merk!! ZAINO!!

Hotrauder
09-22-2006, 04:27 AM
Consumers Report did an evaluation of popular car waxes sometime this year and the results were surprising. Of course I can't remember what they were. I do recall that sex Wax wasn't among the items tested, however. Dennis:tongue:

ductman
09-22-2006, 05:13 AM
"Eagle 1 wax as you dry" is good for that quick shine when washing. I use it almost every time I wash one of my cars and it gives it that just waxed shine. You just mist it over the wet car and then dry as you usually would. Don't use to much or it will streak!, just a light mist. I also use Gliptone body gloss to shine the car up sometimes and get rid of water marks after I wash it. When it comes to actual waxing I like to use Mothers or Meguires.

Dr Caleb
09-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Sex wax....

"Dr. Zog's", specifically ;)

I use Meguiars typically. But I've been following it up with that liquid Ice. Pretty cool stuff!

Taximan
09-22-2006, 05:16 PM
I have had excellent results with the combined Klasse All In One and Sealant Glaze. I recently applied two coats of Mother's Pure Carnuba Wax and the paint absolutely glows.

jimlam56
09-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the replies.
Those of you that haven't responded. please do.
Poll closes at 12am Tuesday, Miss Mary if you please.
Thanks, Jim

00 Aggie
09-25-2006, 09:20 PM
None of the above, Klasse, Pooboys, Optima, or Clearkote.

DWSTANG67
09-25-2006, 09:39 PM
Hello everyone i am a new member just bought my marauder about a month ago

As for wax i always use zaino i use it on my 85 olds 442 and my fathers 1957 ford fairlane retractable and now i use it on my marauder

i found the more you use it the better your shine gets unlike some regular waxes were after 2 coats your just whipping off what you put on

zaino just bonds layer after layer

jimlam56
09-26-2006, 02:53 AM
Hello everyone i am a new member just bought my marauder about a month ago

As for wax i always use zaino i use it on my 85 olds 442 and my fathers 1957 ford fairlane retractable and now i use it on my marauder

i found the more you use it the better your shine gets unlike some regular waxes were after 2 coats your just whipping off what you put on

zaino just bonds layer after layerWelcome to the site Dean, and thanks for the input.

Now, anyone else before we close this poll?

Pretty good response, enough for me to go to Zaino's and Meguaiers with some hard data. Maybe we can get a few things for the MVIV goodie bag.