PDA

View Full Version : Hey all, first post

Young Rodder
09-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Hey, I have been lounging around this site for quite some time, but have never posted. I have owned a marauder for almost a year now. (I am only 18) I have been a mechanic for darn near 3 years now, and grew up with cars. I have a black 300A, and just wanted to poke my head in here, and say hello. I talked to one of the members around here up at BIR, I was there for a supermileage meet, and heard the sound of a leer jet screaming around the track!:banana2: Later i spotted the black marauder with trilogy badges..That made my weekend right there! :beer:

cruzer
09-20-2006, 08:18 PM
It's great to have a young one join us --I believe you might be the youngest now--the others have grown up. I think I am the oldest-be 78 in Nov--so we are at the extremes. The Marauder has no "age group"--they are loved and respected by people of every age. This site is the only place to find out about your Marauder--there is a gold mine of knowledge here--and a great bunch of sponsors. Sure hope you will be able to make Marauderville 4--I've been to all 3 previous ones and have had a ball. So, I hope you enjoy being here with us, have fun with your Marauder and have a bright future. Oh yes, drive safely , but with gusto, Maury

DEFYANT
09-20-2006, 08:52 PM
Welcome to the Machine.

Prepare for assimilation!

Young Rodder
09-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the warm welcoms! I definately appreciate it, and look forward to a very long and prosperous life with this car!! Tell me more about Marauderville, if you don't mind me asking, i will do a search, but is it like a major car show and social thing? I think that would be alot of fun. I am also hoping to mod my car, as funds allow of course.. If i have the time, no money, if i have the money, no time! Now that i am a poor college student, I will try to start with the cheap mods.. But i hope to work my way on up to a power adder. Any suggestions or advise? I am very mechanically inclined for my age, have access to a full shop and lifts, and i am not a ricer, incase anyone was worried!! Sorry for all of the dumb noobie questions, always willing to take advise from higher ups!

GarageMahal
09-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Howdy! Sounds like you met Jeremy (Jando) up at BIR.

First mod is a must, either a chip or tuner. It completely changes how the car behaves...

Lots of good info here, search a bit you will find endless ways to spend your money (and time) :)

jta

sweetair
09-20-2006, 09:22 PM
welcome to he NET. Lots of good stuff here, as you know from lurking around. Good to see another one joined the bunch.

jdando
09-21-2006, 05:22 AM
I talked to one of the members around here up at BIR, I was there for a supermileage meet, and heard the sound of a leer jet screaming around the track!:banana2: Later i spotted the black marauder with trilogy badges..That made my weekend right there! :beer:

Hey that was me:eek: Welcome aboard!

jeremy

Hotrauder
09-21-2006, 05:31 AM
Welcome Young Rodder. Great choice of ride for one so new to the highway. Your mechanical background shows already. Glad to hear you are working on your education. Enjoy the site. Check out the Marauderville IV posts and join us if you can. It will be a blast and it will showcase every Marauder mod known to man. As Maury says, "drive safe, with gusto." another from the far end of life. Dennis:burnout:

magindat
09-21-2006, 06:23 AM
Your first post and my 1000th post! Welcome. Feel free to PM about any advice, questions, mods you may want info for.

Bang for the buck:
JLT intake
4.10 gears (I don't cuz of massive highway driving)
Tuner

Welcome.

Bluerauder
09-21-2006, 06:28 AM
Hey, I have been lounging around this site for quite some time, but have never posted.

Congrats :congrats: on your first post and welcome :welcome1: to the MM.Net now that you are out of the shadows !!! :D

For info on Marauderville IV, check here first >>>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29828

MV IV is a combination of car show, racing, info exchange, cruising, socializing, hanging out with fellow MM owners and .... a just plain great time all around. :up: Come on out and meet the gang !!!

KillJoy
09-21-2006, 06:32 AM
Welcome Aboard!!!

Start savin' your pennies....you're gonna need 'em!

:D

KillJoy

jim geary
09-21-2006, 06:38 AM
Congratulations and welcome aboard. Give it about another 3 to 4 months
then it will be time to start looking for a 2ed job. Money,money,money.
But above all have fun and enjoy your ride.

RoyLPita
09-21-2006, 06:45 AM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site and your 300A.

Young Rodder
09-21-2006, 07:14 AM
Jeez... You guys sure know how to make a guy feel right at home! :D Should have posted sooner i think.. Anyways, Marauderville Sure sounds like a blast, but i don't know if i'll be able to swing it.. i'll maybe try to talk my old man into going, he's got more funds than me.. lol. I do plan on doing mods, slowly as i can afford it, and working my way up. I've had 4:10's and a tune in mind for quite a while now. It feels like this car needs more out of the hole motivation.. maybe a stall converter too?? How much seat of the pants does a cold air intake give our cars? Every one i've ridden in seems to just make alot more noise. I was thinking maybe just pulling that big air silencer out, and a panel filter, maybe opening up the underside or front of the air box. after that, get 4:10's and a tune, maybe all at once. Then, save up for a kooks system, TQ, and then hold off for a trilogy, or vortech, possibly even a turbo set up. I am also working on the appearance factor, S55 taillight treatment, using nite shades, SS inserts, tint, the usual. I already have a wale tale, dealer installed when new. Sorry for all the rambeling! This site Rocks!!!:burnout:

whoskal
09-21-2006, 07:35 AM
Welcome to the elite!!!

Cheeseheadbob
09-21-2006, 07:41 AM
Welcome aboard! You will gain valuable insights into this car and their owners. Sometimes a little too much insight into the owners...:D . Enjoy the ride and the friendships you will develop from the folks here.

RoNiN77
09-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Welcome bro. Hey, just my 2 cents, but the cheapest/best mod to do initially is to install one of the JLT air systems. Less than $200 but they make the car sound awesome. Well, welocme again and good luck!!!

jgc61sr2002
09-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Welcome aboard.:D :welcome1:

ckadiddle
09-22-2006, 06:35 AM
Welcome!
Tune plus better intake plus freer flowing mufflers equals FUN.

Young Rodder
09-22-2006, 08:41 AM
It looks like everyone agrees, tune, cold air, free flowing exhaust, and i think i'd like some 4:10's too.. then the tires should go up in smoke a tad quicker!:burnout:

ckadiddle
09-22-2006, 12:06 PM
BTW, the OEM tires are soft, most end upwith them bald in 20-30000 miles. Rears bald in centers, fronts bald on outer edges. Replaced mine at 23000. Put tires on your research list. :)

VNMUS
09-29-2006, 07:15 PM
Welcome aboard. Nice to see another MM in MN.

Bradley G
09-29-2006, 07:54 PM
welcome !
A year? and no print?:P
You gotta make up for lost time!:type: