PDA

View Full Version : Trans pan installed pics

stryker
09-23-2006, 02:00 PM
:type: Ok Marauderers, Here's the new doubt in mind. recently I visit a transmission parts house to order the Ford Racing trans Pan but the sales person told me that those transmision pan won't work for my Panther they said that due to the size to add 2qt it mat touch the floor I like to see some pics of the M Panthers here that has the FRP pan or other brand installed i'm interested in buy the FRP trans pan please show pics with the Panther in floor first then other pic of the Panther raise in towers to see the pan, Thank you for the time to read. :wave:

STRYKER.

Dennis Reinhart
09-23-2006, 02:20 PM
:type: Ok Marauderers, Here's the new doubt in mind. recently I visit a transmission parts house to order the Ford Racing trans Pan but the sales person told me that those transmision pan won't work for my Panther they said that due to the size to add 2qt it mat touch the floor I like to see some pics of the M Panthers here that has the FRP pan or other brand installed i'm interested in buy the FRP trans pan please show pics with the Panther in floor first then other pic of the Panther raise in towers to see the pan, Thank you for the time to read. :wave:

STRYKER.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1137699386-DSC00229.JPG

stryker
09-23-2006, 05:05 PM
:thanks: !Wooouuuu DR Mang! I never expect you were the first one in respond to my thread thank you a lot man but I can install either the Art Carr,Ford Racing or B&M transmision pans with no problem?

STRYKER.

glassman99
09-23-2006, 05:44 PM
This is a better view of the transmission pan:

SergntMac
09-23-2006, 06:13 PM
I don not have any FRP tranny pan specific pics at hand at the moment, but I can tell you my story. The pics already posted here work with my story.

I had the FRP tranny pan installed on my #1x Marauder. It added two quarts to tranny fluid capacity.

My #1x was lowered all around, 1.5" in the front suspension, 1" in the rear suspension.

I also had the Kook's headers installed too, that's what you see in the pics posted (thanks, gents!).

My FRP tranny pan never sc*****, or, touched anything in the road in the 3 years I drove it, and all over the country too. The Kook's headers 2.5" collector flanges were closer to the ground than the pan, and they never hit anything.

I don't know how low you have gone with your car, but I estimate (conservatively) that you would damage your engine oil pan and front suspension before you would scrape the FRP pan on anything in the road.

FWIW...Carry on gents.

TAF
09-23-2006, 08:12 PM

I like this pic even better, though... 'cause it even shows a little leak that needs to be cleaned...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/8/3/mine3_269800.JPG

stryker
09-23-2006, 08:30 PM
:eek: !Ahhhhh men! thank you TAF and the rest of you Marauderers for the faster respond to my request for :help: with these pics I can return to the store and tell to the salesmen !!BRING ME THE PAN I TELL YOU!! or I order to someone else. :argh:

STRYKER.

Drock96Marquis
09-25-2006, 07:44 PM
I like this pic even better, though... 'cause it even shows a little leak that needs to be cleaned...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/8/3/mine3_269800.JPG

Looks liek you left the AOD-only pan hole unplugged, hence the leak.

Beautiful exhaust, BTW :cool:

stryker
09-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Join us DROCK96 and install one of this Ford Racing tranny pan in your Panther.

STRYKER.

Chick
09-26-2006, 04:41 PM
What is the advantage of the ford raceing tranny pan? is it just bling?

jimlam56
09-26-2006, 04:48 PM
:eek: !Ahhhhh men! thank you TAF and the rest of you Marauderers for the faster respond to my request for :help: with these pics I can return to the store and tell to the salesmen !!BRING ME THE PAN I TELL YOU!! or I order to someone else. :argh:

STRYKER.

I wouldn't want to be THAT salesman!
Even Rich Long knows your temper...
Good Luck!:D

RF Overlord
09-26-2006, 05:05 PM
What is the advantage of the ford raceing tranny pan? is it just bling?The FRPP pan is cast aluminium (as opposed to stamped steel) with integral cooling fins. It also holds an additional 2 quarts of fluid. On a completely stock car, it's not really necessary, but on a modified car the extra cooling and increased fluid capacity are much more important.

kj31067
09-26-2006, 05:40 PM

STRYKER.

no flames ...but i get headaches reading strykers posts.....

SergntMac
09-26-2006, 06:01 PM
The FRPP pan is cast aluminium (as opposed to stamped steel) with integral cooling fins. It also holds an additional 2 quarts of fluid. On a completely stock car, it's not really necessary, but on a modified car the extra cooling and increased fluid capacity are much more important.Thanks, Bob, I agree.

It's more like a giant heat sink, where the internal heat is pushed to the outside surface of the pan and allowed to cool from the air draft under the car.

No...It's not just bling.

SergntMac
09-26-2006, 06:03 PM
no flames ...but i get headaches reading strykers posts.....Umm...Ahhh...

Nevermind...

stryker
09-26-2006, 07:10 PM
no flames ...but i get headaches reading strykers posts.....:cowboy: Look KJwhatever I will tell you a few things, First,you are not obligated to post or see my posts. Second, if you feel headache just take a few Panadol or Bayer. Third, If you have nothing positive to tell just keep in silent and don't post. :mad:

STRYKER.

kj31067
09-27-2006, 03:34 AM
:D sorry,mang!! i m outta line ..was tired thats all.......just to clarify its kj31067...... not kjwhatever......

stryker
09-27-2006, 08:01 PM
:cowboy: Look KJ31067 anyway you have been warned you are not obligated to post in my thread if you don't want it to so let's leave it here.

STRYKER.:burnout:

kj31067
09-28-2006, 03:37 AM
''warned'' is such a harsh term... i like advised or " it has been suggested ":D much better

SergntMac
09-28-2006, 07:26 AM
I've been posting here a while now, and two unofficial rules come to mind. Just call this stuff "stuff to remember"? I learned it the hard way.

1) If you don't like a post, or, the sum of another's opinion, don't read their posts. This site has an "ignore" feature, use it and move on.

2) If you don't like someone's opinion of what you have posted, don't post anything. No one will laugh at you, or, be critical of your contribution if you don't hang it up for all to share. Thus, when you do post an opinion and get some negative feedback, take it in stride.

No need to get personal or exchange harsh words that tend to spoil the ambiance. The only person who owns anything here, is Logan, and I know first hand what he doesn't like to read.

Just some simple advice, carry on gents.

kj31067
09-28-2006, 10:11 AM
mac
advice read, comprehended and taken...........keith

stryker
09-28-2006, 10:41 AM
''warned'' is such a harsh term... i like advised or " it has been suggested ":D much better:cowboy: !THAT! is the word I was looking for (ADVICE) so Sorry for the term used before it seems too hard let's forget it.

ctrlraven
09-28-2006, 12:02 PM
<---waiting for my Art Carr to come in next week so I can install it and flush the tranny. I might even powder coat mine with that home coating system, spray and bake in the oven cause the pan is small enough :D

alarmguy
09-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Quite the contrary, I enjoy reading Stryker's posts. I think they add a touch of international flair to the forum.....Waesome!

SergntMac
09-28-2006, 01:26 PM
<---waiting for my Art Carr to come in next week so I can install it and flush the tranny. I might even powder coat mine with that home coating system, spray and bake in the oven cause the pan is small enough :DMay I suggest you look into the qualities of powdercoating? I know the ceramic coarting (aka Jet Hot) acts as a heat barrier, not sure on powder coating.

Anyway, my point is you may end up inhibiting one of the features of a deep aluminum pan, and that is heat transfer away from the tranny fluid to the outside of the pan. I don't know the Art Carr pan construction, but the Ford Racing pan is very thick aluminum, with deep fins that bath in the air under the car. Like I said before, it's a big heat sink and valuable for that, coating it may have a negative effect on that quality.

Just a thought...

Breadfan
09-28-2006, 01:30 PM
Mac is right powdercoating will insulate the aluminum and take away some of the heat dissipation aspects of it. It will basically lower the thermal efficiency of the heatsink.

A less intrusive way to color it might be to anodize it, but I'm sure that isn't cheap!

If you wanted to get fancy, you *could* polish it. :) That'd look cool!

RF Overlord
09-28-2006, 06:03 PM
I enjoy reading Stryker's posts. I think they add a touch of international flair to the forum...Not to be overly pedantic, but since Puerto Rico is a United States territory, that would be an intranational flair... ;) :P :D

SergntMac
09-28-2006, 06:11 PM
Not to be overly pedantic, but since Puerto Rico is a United States territory, that would be an intranational flair... ;) :P :DI hear ya mang, but what about paintin' the tranny pan...

Gre8one7
09-28-2006, 07:39 PM
since the trans pan acts like some sort of cooler would the 'Transmission Cooler with Braided Lines' from DR help alot more or even be needed? And also does anyone know what comes with Mr Reinharts lvl 2 transmission kit and what it does?

stryker
09-30-2006, 03:35 PM
:confused: Ehhh Marauderers ,if I polish the tranny pan that don't affect in the heat dissipating function?

Drock96Marquis
09-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Polishing it should have no effect on the heat dissipation properties at all, Stryker :)

Join us DROCK96 and install one of this Ford Racing tranny pan in your Panther.
Perhaps, it has a nice subtle look to it, and I like how it has the deeper sump like stock pans. (A flat bottom like found on -95 AODe/4r70ws and some aftermarket larger pans can cause clutch pack starvation on high-g turns)
I just did a transmission flush when I installed the B&M cooler so I will wait a while to decide.

kj31067
09-30-2006, 06:34 PM
:confused: Ehhh Marauderers ,if I polish the tranny pan that don't affect in the heat dissipating function?

polishing will not reduce the pans ability to cool and dissapate
heat...although polishing something that will be exposed to rain, gravel , tar, road kill , and general all around crap would be a decision
that is all yours...........just my .02..............keith:)

stryker
10-28-2006, 06:20 AM
:confused: Well Marauderers I have other question ¿ If I replace the stock tranny pan I have to change the tranny filter due that the new pan is more deeper ?

jgc61sr2002
10-28-2006, 07:23 AM
:confused: Well Marauderers I have other question ¿ If I replace the stock tranny pan I have to change the tranny filter due that the new pan is more deeper ?

IMO no. But it is not a bad idea .

RF Overlord
10-29-2006, 09:56 AM
If I replace the stock tranny pan I have to change the tranny filter due that the new pan is more deeper? No. The filter is not supported by the pan, although as jgc61sr2002 says^^^, if it hasn't been done in the last 30,000 miles, now would be a good time.

bawazir
06-12-2010, 08:10 AM

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10 048&d=1159058654 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10 048&d=1159058654)

Damn those X pipe looks nice, are they black cermanic coated?