PDA

View Full Version : Her maiden voyage...

teamrope
09-23-2006, 08:59 PM
Took her to Bremerton raceway today and run a 13.106@106.20 on a tippie top full tank of gas. According to the data logger she is running about 12 degees of timing. I'm sure a good race tune with a little more timing and some good ole 100 octain she's got a shot at running 12's on the factory TC and exhaust. :)

Also got to meet Buick convert. Don't be a stranger at the next ECM meet, even if you don't have a marauder yet. :beer:

whoskal
09-23-2006, 09:57 PM
Congrats Bj...I'm sure you'll be seeing 12s in no time!

Bradley G
09-24-2006, 07:47 AM
Nice!
Congrats on the Maiden voyage.
Did you race it N/A?

teamrope
09-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Nice!
Congrats on the Maiden voyage.
Did you race it N/A?

I got her down to 14.072@97 MPH running Lidio's race tune and 110 octain race fuel N/A.

DirtyDog
09-24-2006, 10:14 AM
Good show, I'm proud of you. I better you surprised a few of the regulars.

HwyCruiser
09-24-2006, 10:18 AM
BJ, I think those are good initial results with just gears and boost. Did you get a chance to see how much boost she spooled up to? I assume you were running the drag radials.

If you can get the 60 foot below 2.0 seconds you should be in the 12's for sure... you're pretty close. A torque converter would be good for a half-second off your 330 foot time, not so sure about exhaust. A timing-adder tune would be the easiest ticket to get there though since you have the luxury of cooler weather, just make sure you have good gas (at least 50/50% race gas mix for sure).

Overall, nice baseline and I'm glad to see the tune is squared away. It should only get better from here! Congrats.

teamrope
09-24-2006, 10:53 AM
BJ, I think those are good initial results with just gears and boost. Did you get a chance to see how much boost she spooled up to? I assume you were running the drag radials.

If you can get the 60 foot below 2.0 seconds you should be in the 12's for sure... you're pretty close. A torque converter would be good for a half-second off your 330 foot time, not so sure about exhaust. A timing-adder tune would be the easiest ticket to get there though since you have the luxury of cooler weather, just make sure you have good gas (at least 50/50% race gas mix for sure).

Overall, nice baseline and I'm glad to see the tune is squared away. It should only get better from here! Congrats.
I never looked at the boost gauge. One of the earlier runs I did watch the fuel pressure, and I am no longer worried about that. :)

I found a station that has 94 octane, but it's 10 percent ethanol. I filled up Friday, and had 4 gallons of 110 race fuel that I topped off with when I got to the track to be safe. With My tune I know the only thing that the race fuel did was give me a safety net for this weak a$$ west coast blend.

When I run race fuel on a race tune I try to pull into the track on fumes, so she will be over 90% race fuel when I get a race tune. Also I'm sure I could have shaved a 10th with about 5 gallons less fuel in the tank as well.

From what Greg has told me, Dave doesn't like to run timing adders in his tune.

Matt and Jessie are moving back to Overland Park so I'm sure I will be coming back your way next spring. I plan on bringing a couple 2 or 3 cans of gas and having Dave tune it in person. May be even have a second session set up for a tune on race fuel too.:cool4:

HwyCruiser
09-24-2006, 01:27 PM
I hear you. With timing adders on a street tune you really have to watch your octane when the temps are in the 70's and lower. If you saw 12 degrees of timing all the way down the track it meant the tune wasn't pulling out any timing at all due to IAT. You got the most the tune was going to give you.

The Diablo timing adders can add in up to 3 degrees more timing if the IAT is cool. I've got a race gas tune that adds in up to 5 degrees more timing. I ran that one this spring on a weak diff and still pulled out 12's. I think I'm going to keep that one on file until I get the engine built though.

Let me know when you're going to be down this way for your custom tuning session and I'll tag along. I know where there's a good race gas pump in JoCo so don't haul it down with you. Maybe we can hit the track on the way back. :burnout:

Mard
09-24-2006, 05:51 PM
Great time BJ! Weather looks like it going to hold for another week...go for 12's next weekend?

teamrope
09-24-2006, 09:32 PM
I almost forgot... It was the last race of the season, and Ford Drag Team took the sereies trophy. :)

http://home.comcast.net/~teamrope/pics/seasonchamps.gif