PDA

View Full Version : could be the first mm03 in the body shop

Ray Snyder
09-23-2002, 01:56 PM
Well this may be a sad first for me. Crunched my MM03 on Friday. So back to the dealership for $4500 in Repairs, Don't smash the front bumper it's $1,164.38, before paint.

If Logan gives me an idot's lesson in adding digitals to the thread, I'll post some pictures.

Logan
09-23-2002, 02:01 PM
Ack! That sucks!!

You can either link to the image using IMG tags or upload them via the attach file function. (Both of which are on the "Reply" screen.)

If you can't figure it, just email them to me at logan@mercurymarauder.net

TAF
09-23-2002, 02:04 PM
I don't want to see it...breaks my heart! Very sorry to hear that, I've had a couple "close calls" already (ATL drivers...especially COBB County...sorry Bill, had to do that)

Take care and make sure they make "her" look new again!

Logan
09-23-2002, 02:12 PM
Pic1

Logan
09-23-2002, 02:13 PM
Pic 2

MAD-3R
09-23-2002, 02:16 PM
Makes me cry...

piglet
09-23-2002, 02:52 PM
Ray,

What did you hit? Did your airbags deploy? Hopefully you were not hurt. Very sad.

james_hart6
09-23-2002, 03:37 PM
Ouch! Sorry to see that, Ray. Hope nobody got hurt.

Jim

Sean
09-23-2002, 03:55 PM
OWW! *cries*

Glad to see you are ok! my car is in the shop right now (went into the ditch). Would you do me a favor and get the part number when they order the new grille to install? I really need that because i cannot get a new grille!

03 Merc
09-23-2002, 04:18 PM
Ray,

Sorry to see that....:( ..Is everyone involved okay? Mercury is definitely proud of that front bumper assembly...what a price..

I have also had a couple close calls already, As Todd said Atlanta is the place for bad drivers, especially in Fulton county... (Sorry Todd, I had to stand in for Bill, he has a very ill family member)

GarageMahal
09-23-2002, 04:22 PM
/me runs away screaming down to the parking lot.

jta

Sean
09-23-2002, 04:25 PM
oh yeah ps.... use www.fordpartsnetwork.com

you will have to write a parts request form. i think you can get the front bumper for about $919... a good deal cheaper!

Logan
09-23-2002, 04:26 PM
That's list price... God bless the garages for screwing the insurance companies..

Real people price is typically 50% of list...

b4z
09-23-2002, 04:37 PM
Damn, looks like you hit something with a high bumper. SUV or pickup?
Looks like everything needs to be replaced. Bumper, fender, hood and grille, plus the headlights.
Could be a simple bolt on of replacement parts and paint with no bodywork.

Smokie
09-23-2002, 04:47 PM
I am truly sorry you had this happened to your new car. I hope no one was hurt. It looks from the pictures that parts replacement will do the trick, don't allow any patch work. Send pictures when you get her looking new again. Good luck !!! Smokie.

Larry Vogel
09-23-2002, 05:28 PM
An awful sight to see, glad your are all alright, The Mercury God has tear's shedding until she's like new again.
Don't let them bump that hood and demand all bent and broken parts be replaced, then when you pick it up make sure they have done what you want, if not leave it till it's done right.

Ray Snyder
09-24-2002, 06:23 AM
Thanks to everybody for thier concern. Nobody was hurt in the destroying of this front end. I hit the back of a Mustang convertable. She was in the process of hitting the car in front of her. So that made her rear end high, (not always a bad thing) and my front end low.

The grill part number that shows on the Allstate form i,s

Grille Assembly, F8MZ8200AA $103.75
Panel front end, 3W3Z8190AA $354.80

Allstate listed all new parts, no repairs.

The only good thing out of this is that I get to drive the SS again for a few days. Also I'm going out of the country for the next 2 weeks so it should be all nice and new by the time I get back.

Sean
09-24-2002, 07:54 AM
Thanks alot for those part numbers! I really needed those! make sure you get some pics so we can examine the repair job and critique their work :D hehhee

-Thanks again!

-Sean

Wags
09-24-2002, 08:37 AM
My MM was in the body shop back in June. Got rear ended by a kid with no license or insurance. Very minor damage though, just the rear bumper cover. Didn't even have my plates on yet. Make sure you get all parts replaced, not fixed.

Fourth Horseman
09-24-2002, 11:02 AM
Sorry to hear (and see) that your Marauder got crunched, Ray. Please be sure to post some pics for us when the damage is all repaired.

mccaffw
09-24-2002, 02:13 PM
A moment of silence please...

I can feel the hurt from here.

BISHOPSS95
09-24-2002, 02:38 PM
Man that sucks. Was the girl in the Mustang a looker at least? If she had a high rear, did her legs go up to make an ass of themselfs.

I have to find humor it helps me cope.

Ray Snyder
09-25-2002, 03:29 PM
Its 10.30am on Thursday here in New Zealand and it's cold.. She was a looker, or at least it looked that way through the tears.

Logan, Your dealership in Dallas now only has the 2 primer spoilers left. I had them ship the black to my dealership. That way they can fit it while they do the rest of the stuff, and I come home to a nice new spoiler.

b4z
09-25-2002, 05:14 PM
Ray,

Maybe you could get them to paint the parts off the car, then install them.That would eliminate any overspray issues.

On second thought , what am I thinking? They will just tape the car and get overspray on the fenders, windows, tires, underbody, exhaust, etc.

Anyway, it will probably look pretty good since your paint is still new and not scratched up the newly painted areas will match up well with the original.

piglet
09-25-2002, 05:17 PM
Ray,

I smell ghost flames..................

warriorprophet
09-25-2002, 10:42 PM
Heh. Wonder if I can put those parts on my crunched 'vic. I'm getting MM pipes on it, the flowmasters didn't make it sound good enough.

And don't worry, in Jan I plan to get a MM with moonroof, black leather, subs...Dealer offers me X-Plan when it comes in, all I ver done is test drive the MM there.

Who of you was on 121 in colelyvile/grapevine on Tuesday, I was behind you getting on from my house and passed on right. Man I live the MM.

Logan
09-26-2002, 05:53 AM
You lucky guy, that was probably me. :)

I live up in flower mound and work in Irving, drive through grapevine couple times a day...

warriorprophet
09-26-2002, 12:30 PM
Yah you were getting on from the place where 121 merges with 183 at westparkway, where the hotels are...

Logan
09-26-2002, 12:53 PM
screeeeeeeeech....thud. Nope, wasn't me then. I never go down to 183... I'm always 635 from luna to Grapevine, then up 121 to 2499 and up from there...

Ah well, you can pretend you saw me... It's not like there'd be much difference.

Just look for the spoiler on the rear. You see a spoiler, you see me.

MarauderMike
09-26-2002, 01:17 PM
I wonder if the grille part number is correct? That looks like a 1998 part number to me, best check that closely. I don't recall any previous GM's having a painted grille. Glad everyone was ok in the mishap.

warriorprophet
09-26-2002, 01:48 PM
Eh its a '92 vic, but its gonna take alot of work iw as thinking might as well switch to a grille. this year was origionally a bottom breather with a solid front clip. I'm thinking of maybe even jsut having the top of the clip redone freehand with fiberglass again and just leaving an open hole in the front, getting rid of the 6" airdam underneath that is now dangling by 1/4 as many screws as it should be.

WJSOLOMON
09-26-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Ray Snyder: "Well this may be a sad first for me. Crunched my MM03 on Friday. So back to the dealership for $4500 in Repairs, Don't smash the front bumper it's $1,164.38, before paint. If Logan gives me an idot's lesson in adding digitals to the thread, I'll post some pictures."

Ray - I Feel your Pain!

Had a guy in a '90 Plymouth Horizon decide to suddenly turn left and dart into a Gravel Drive Way off of a State Route, just as I was passing him on the left.

Had my Low Beams on, and my left Turn signal on, but he never thought to look in his "Blind Spot", and just panicked, when he realized that he had strayed off the main State Route back into Elkhart, Indiana.

No Turn Signals, no Brake Lights on the 12 year old "Torpedo", with a thick layer of Dust on the rear end................and No Insurance!

Poor old guy had lost his job at a local welding shop with job-related Lung Cancer, just returned from the Veterans Hospital with the "Bad News", just lost his Sister to Cancer, and had hopes of driving one last time to Oklahoma to see his Older Brother, who was also dieing of Colon Cancer.

State Police gave him two Tickets.

When my Insurance Company told me that he would probably be pursued and "hasseled" if I turned in the Claim, I decided to go it alone. Seemed like he had more than enough on his plate, for this lifetime.

With the two week rental of the Pontiac, I'll have close to $5 K in the right side repairs, but New Paint, and a Clean Consience!

These Black Beautys are like Motorcycles - they're apparently "invisible" to the naked eye.

Take Care out there.

:( :( :cool: