PDA

View Full Version : opinions: SpiralMax

duhtroll
05-23-2003, 02:47 PM
Hi --

Just came across this and it looks a bit too good to be true, so I figured I would ask those who know best:

http://www.spiralmax.com/

What do you think?

Thanks,
-A

Blue Marauder
05-23-2003, 03:05 PM
I think this statement from their website pretty much sums up it's value:

"Typical range of improvement over baseline is:

0 to 35 increase in horsepower,

0 to 31.85% increase in fuel economy.

(Actual performance may vary, depending on type of car, driver, and actual driving conditions.)"

At which end of the improvement spectrum do you think it will really be?

If something looks to good to be true, it usually isn't.

RF Overlord
05-23-2003, 03:06 PM
No offence, duhtroll, but PLEASE...

Have you ever SEEN anyone with one on their car?
Other than on TV?
If the SpiralMax, or the Tornado, or the Flux Capacitor or whatever the low-life telemarketing weasels call these things actually WORKED, how long do you think Dennis would be in business?

Maybe we can get "Marty the Mod King" to put one on HIS car and try it out for us... :lol:

Logan
05-23-2003, 04:22 PM
It's a complete hoax and waste of money. It's been debunked on a couple automotive shows, never mind that it's impossible for what amounts to a tube to speed up airflow enough to compress it.

Blue Marauder
05-23-2003, 04:55 PM
I think the free decal is probably worth 10 hp and 2 mpg.

frdwrnch
05-23-2003, 05:37 PM
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the public. Have you seen the magnets that go on the fuel rail to "align the molecules for more efficient combustion"?

RF Overlord
05-23-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by frdwrnch
Have you seen the magnets that go on the fuel rail to "align the molecules for more efficient combustion"?

I think that one is the Flux Capacitor!!!

duhtroll
05-23-2003, 05:49 PM
That, um, was kinda the point. But then again I never see anyone with ANY mods on their MM (or any other car), for that matter. I haven't even seen a Marauder on the street outside of mine yet.

No offense taken here, just wanted to know if anyone had used one and if so what they thought of it.

Every now and then one of these little things pays off. I have seen it happen, though not in the automotive industry (though I would bet an example could be found).

Of course it doesn't provide the gains they claim, but cripes, it's only like $69.99, and if it shows any increase at all it might be worth something.

After all, doesn't it say "lifetime warranty"?

:lol:

-A

Originally posted by RF Overlord
No offence, duhtroll, but PLEASE...

Have you ever SEEN anyone with one on their car?
Other than on TV?
If the SpiralMax, or the Tornado, or the Flux Capacitor or whatever the low-life telemarketing weasels call these things actually WORKED, how long do you think Dennis would be in business?

Maybe we can get "Marty the Mod King" to put one on HIS car and try it out for us... :lol:

Directedby
05-23-2003, 05:55 PM
I put a Spiralmax in my Mercury Sable and now I not only blow the doors off all Marauders, but also Ferraris, all BMWs and Mercedes.

I went from an 18 second 1/4 to a 12 second 1/4 all for the low low price of $69.95.

Who needs to spend $5,000 on an SC??

I also got the 'turbo tips' which adds a solid 30 HP.

RF Overlord
05-23-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Directedby
I put a Spiralmax in my Mercury Sable and now I not only blow the doors off all Marauders, but also Ferraris, all BMWs and Mercedes.

I went from an 18 second 1/4 to a 12 second 1/4 all for the low low price of $69.95.

I also got the 'turbo tips' which adds a solid 30 HP.

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...!!!!

I LOVE the turbo tips pic...!

But seriously, don't poke fun at The Sable... :nono:

;)

frdwrnch
05-23-2003, 06:12 PM
I'm jealous, Thats the damndest thing I've ever seen! Do they make noise when you nail it?
Among the things I've seen that really work, "Water Wetter" is an additive for coooling systems that really seems to work well. 'About 10-15 degrees improved cooling. 104+ octane boost also gives a noticable improvement in some vehicles.

Blue Marauder
05-23-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by duhtroll
After all, doesn't it say "lifetime warranty"?

The SpiralMax may have a lifetine warranty (its a stainless steel tube, so it should), but I bet it would void the Marauder's warranty.

martyo
05-23-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by RF Overlord

Hey, I resemble that remark!! Anyway, leave me alone. I just got back from Chicago. Don't tell Sarge, but his car is almost as fast as mine.....And, he has an 8 track player installed in his. Just don't tell him I told you.

schuvwj
05-23-2003, 08:10 PM
JUST RUN!

TAF
05-23-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by martyo
And, he has an 8 track player installed in his. Just don't tell him I told you.

And...I picture it on a continuous loop playing the theme from "Dragnet"......"duh daduh....duhdaduhdaduh....":lol:

SergntMac
05-24-2003, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by TAF
And...I picture it on a continuous loop playing the theme from "Dragnet"......"duh daduh....duhdaduhdaduh...."

Close, but no cigar Todd. I play the shark's theme from JAWS at every stop light...And you better drag your sorry azz to PA in Sept., no excuses now.

RF Overlord
05-24-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by martyo
And, he has an 8 track player installed in his.

I picture it playing Mantovani, or maybe a little Andy Williams...maybe on the highway he plays the "Partridge Cartridge"?

Oh, Lord... :help: :shake: