View Full Version : Rim Widening

sailsmen
09-29-2006, 09:45 PM
Are you still offering the service?

What is the turn around time?

Thanks

maraudernkc
09-30-2006, 02:01 PM
I offer the service by giving you the name. There name is Weldcraft andf there in MI. Just Gooogle it.

Thanks, Greg

HwyCruiser
09-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Weldcraft Wheels does excellent work. Make sure you pack the wheels well to keep them from getting damaged in shipping though.

I picked up a couple of 12" x 20" x 20" boxes from the local U-Haul store and lined the top and bottom with 20" x 20" x 1-1/2" styrofoam insulation board from Home Depot, with an extra peice on top to allow for the extra wheel width on the return trip. I also wrapped the wheels with foam packing and stuffed wadded newspaper in the corners of the box after the wheels went in.

The boxes were pretty beat after the whole process, but the wheels came through in perfect shape. A 24" x 24" x 12" box would be ideal so you can also use the insulation board on the short ends of the box - but mine made the round trip in perfect shape. If you want to provide extra protection to the rim edge wrap it with duct tape. They do this anyway at their end while they work on them (see attached pic). The duct tape residue came right off with a little orange cleaner.

My wheels came back two weeks exactly after the day I shipped them out. I am completely satisfied with their work.

Marauderjack
09-30-2006, 03:17 PM
For boxes just go to your local "Bling-Bling" wheel center and get a couple they throw away......Better than the U-Haul boxes and will stand the double trip with ease!!:beer:

Marauderjack:burnout:

sailsmen
09-30-2006, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the 411.

MI2QWK4U
09-30-2006, 07:01 PM
PM me, I have their business card in the office, I will give you their number and contact person. I will be taking my 2006 Mustang GT bullitt rims there to get widened soon.