PDA

View Full Version : FIT #19 joins the 12 second club

teamrope
09-30-2006, 10:13 PM
What a beautiful day for racing. In the morning the corrected D/A was 75' and never rose above 875'! kind of cold all day.

Made 5 runs today. The slowest was a 13.183 @ 106 MPH. I had 2 12 second runs with the fastest at 12.949 @ 107MPH. I would love to see what she would run with race gas and more timing. :)

I still cant seem to get my 60" time to drop below 2.000. I don't know if I'm giving it too much gas at the line or not enough. Maybe I'll have to splurge for the 3K stall Stalion.

HwyCruiser
09-30-2006, 11:20 PM
Way to go BJ! Congrats on the new personal best! :banana2:

How was the traction off the line? If the drag radials are holding up you might just need to get those feet dialed in to break a 2.000 second 60'. You can't be any closer than you are right now! You've got room in the tune to get a little deeper in the 12's, but I'd say master what you've got to get after those bracket racing points next year. The day you put a tc in your beast is the day traction problems are going to start.

tmac1337
10-01-2006, 01:58 AM
Congratulations on the times....and on owning the best kit:P

Cobra25
10-01-2006, 03:25 AM
Congrat's on your new FIT Kit Purchase and your Track times!

MI2QWK4U
10-01-2006, 05:32 AM
Good job! I know how great it feels to break into a new second bracket! The 60ft time will come to you as you learn how to launch with the track condidtions.

Smokie
10-01-2006, 05:55 AM
First and foremost: Congratulations!!! Another 12 second Marauder is great news. Looking at your trap speed I estimate that as you become better at launching your car your E/T will drop to 12.6-12.7 without doing a thing to your car.

I lingered at 13 flat until I figured out a way to launch....practice, practice, practice.:D

Way to represent!!!!:beer:

maraudernkc
10-01-2006, 06:56 AM
BJ, Congrats, that is one hell of a time slip considering that you are bone stock except for 4:10 gears and you are only running 9 degrees of timing.

Your time slips will continue to get better as we get more timing in your tune. All we need is some good gas.

Congrats and welcome to the 12 second club!:party:

MarauderTJA
10-01-2006, 07:04 AM
Congratulations BJ on hitting a new personal best. A 12 Second car with only 9 degrees of timing. Incredible! . It will only get better from there.

DEFYANT
10-01-2006, 07:19 AM
Congrats on the times. Sounds like you had a great time regardless of how much timing or which S/C kit ya got.

MarauderTJA
10-01-2006, 07:29 AM
Congrats on the times. Sounds like you had a great time regardless of how much timing or which S/C kit ya got.

I agree. But running 92 octane and that low of timing is by itself pretty incredible. That is if you are into tuning.......:rolleyes:

teamrope
10-01-2006, 07:59 AM
Linda got there to late to see the 12 second runs, but here is one good shot she got. Notice the wheel stand from the S 10?

http://home.comcast.net/~teamrope/pics/s10race.gif

The incrementals:

----------S10------Marauder
RT-------.137------.125
60'------1.603-----2.031
330'-----5.125-----5.587
1/8------8.095-----8.457
MPH-----82.94-----85.59
1000'----10.663----10.97
1/4------12.853----13.063
MPH-----102.09----107.41

Another 60' and I would have reeled him in.

teamrope
10-01-2006, 08:25 AM
Last race of the day. (And my slowest time, missplaced where I stashed trhe timeslip till this morning) This 55 Chev was running a big block and tralored to the track in an enclosed trailer. No mufflers on the 55 so you souldn't even hear the Marauder in the waterbox.

http://home.comcast.net/~teamrope/pics/55chevrace.gif

Incrementals:

------55Chev---Marauder
RT-----.213----.126
60'----2.035---2.077
330'---5.859---5.675
1/8----9.003---8.5672
MPH---79.78---85.54
1000'--11.62---11.067
1/4----13.817--13.183
MPH---102.27--106.77

This one was sweet more for what happened in the grand stands. There were two guys sitting in front of Linda that had no clue about the Marauder. They said something to the effect that they would be embarased to bring a car like that to the track. Glad I spanked the Chevy that bad, those two guys didn't have a thing to say after that. :)

teamrope
10-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Good job! I know how great it feels to break into a new second bracket! The 60ft time will come to you as you learn how to launch with the track condidtions.

It is a learning curve alright. The thing that gets me is I'm staying consistant in the 2.0XX range, and that didn't matter if I was NA or SC with the Nito's.

teamrope
10-01-2006, 10:26 AM

I sure did Charley. :beer:

teamrope
10-01-2006, 10:33 AM
First and foremost: Congratulations!!! Another 12 second Marauder is great news. Looking at your trap speed I estimate that as you become better at launching your car your E/T will drop to 12.6-12.7 without doing a thing to your car.

I lingered at 13 flat until I figured out a way to launch....practice, practice, practice.:D

Way to represent!!!!:beer:

It would have been sweet to pull a 12.7 when I raced the S 10. What RPM do you launch at and how far do you wait to drop the hammer?

Smokie
10-01-2006, 12:33 PM
It would have been sweet to pull a 12.7 when I raced the S 10. What RPM do you launch at and how far do you wait to drop the hammer?

I'll try to describe something that is kinda abstract and sort of seat o' the pants.

Keep in mind I have stock wheels and street tires, I launch at 1000 rpms, where the practice comes in is, I tap the gas pedal firmly down between 1/3 to 1/2 way down, this gets the front end up sharply WITHOUT tire spin. I get the car out of the hole about 50-75' and floor it.

Easier to write than to do correctly because if I get any tire spin during launch is all ruined and I'll run 13 flat...or worse.:D

Blue03
10-01-2006, 01:18 PM
This one was sweet more for what happened in the grand stands. There were two guys sitting in front of Linda that had no clue about the Marauder. They said something to the effect that they would be embarased to bring a car like that to the track. Glad I spanked the Chevy that bad, those two guys didn't have a thing to say after that. :)

Pretty Cool BJ! :burnout: I'm glad Linda was able hear such a conversation. I'll bet it isn't the last time it happens though... Congrats on joining the 12 Sec Club :beer:

HwyCruiser
10-01-2006, 04:34 PM

BJ, IMO getting the drag radials nice and warmed up will let you get away with some fancy footwork at the line. The real secret to a good launch and 60 footer is found in the burnout box.

Those drag radials have to be getting close to having 50 passes on them now between the two of us. They won't last forever, but if you don't drive on them they should still do you some good. My best 60' came after learning how to do burnouts through 2nd gear. Just get the rpms above 4200 in 1st gear while in the waterbox and she'll shift right into 2nd on you, then hold 5000 rpm for a few seconds and ease off the brake and let her pull up into the staging lane. Nothing like smoking tires at the line. Light 'em up and get after it.

I don't know what rpm you'll be able to hold on to at the line with the stock converter, but with the Stallion tc I was holding 2000-2200 rpm and then dropping the hammer on the 3rd yellow. I wasn't having any issues with tire spin until it got down into the 40's outside and then my diff went south on me causing me to one-leg it off the line. So if you're going to get really serious about the 60 footer start shopping for a diff now.

Drag racing is a sickness.

MarauderTJA
10-01-2006, 05:34 PM

BJ, the above is the absolute truth for some of us. The only cure is to get more mods:D .

RJ, great to meet you buddy. Greg and I pigged out on Jack Stack B-B-Q today. Still have a pound or two with here me in the hotel in Sedalia if you want some.

MarauderMark
10-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Nice run Bill:up: I was running low 13's until i got the pi 3000 as soon as it went in plus a good cold night got me 12.1's .so yeah it a good mod to have:burn:

teamrope
10-01-2006, 07:39 PM
Pretty Cool BJ! :burnout: I'm glad Linda was able hear such a conversation. I'll bet it isn't the last time it happens though... Congrats on joining the 12 Sec Club.
I wish more of us would have been there. I could just hear Scott or Dave Saying "Dang! He trailered that car here and got beat by a 3 year old street car with 60K miles on it." :)

BJ, IMO getting the drag radials nice and warmed up will let you get away with some fancy footwork at the line. The real secret to a good launch and 60 footer is found in the burnout box.

Those drag radials have to be getting close to having 50 passes on them now between the two of us. They won't last forever, but if you don't drive on them they should still do you some good. My best 60' came after learning how to do burnouts through 2nd gear. Just get the rpms above 4200 in 1st gear while in the waterbox and she'll shift right into 2nd on you, then hold 5000 rpm for a few seconds and ease off the brake and let her pull up into the staging lane. Nothing like smoking tires at the line. Light 'em up and get after it.

I don't know what rpm you'll be able to hold on to at the line with the stock converter, but with the Stallion tc I was holding 2000-2200 rpm and then dropping the hammer on the 3rd yellow. I wasn't having any issues with tire spin until it got down into the 40's outside and then my diff went south on me causing me to one-leg it off the line. So if you're going to get really serious about the 60 footer start shopping for a diff now.

I think I may be launching soft. I think the highest I've tried taking it up top was maybe 1600. I've been doing some good burnouts and it doesn't feel or sound like I'm getting wheel spin.

BJ, the above is the absolute truth for some of us. The only cure is to get more mods .

It's a never ending sickness. Next I want line locks and an air/fuel guage. Then the PI Stallion 3k stall TC, Exhaust, Qa 1's, Wilwoods, JATO, photon torpeedos, Phasers..... :nos: :run: It's a sickness :drool: :hankie: :sweat:

Nice run Bill:up: I was running low 13's until i got the pi 3000 as soon as it went in plus a good cold night got me 12.1's .so yeah it a good mod to have. That is definately on my short list.;) :drool:

HwyCruiser
10-01-2006, 08:31 PM
...This one was sweet more for what happened in the grand stands. There were two guys sitting in front of Linda that had no clue about the Marauder. They said something to the effect that they would be embarased to bring a car like that to the track. Glad I spanked the Chevy that bad, those two guys didn't have a thing to say after that. :)

Feel-good stories like that really choke me up (wiping a tear from my eye). The only thing better would be if Linda got up and did the "in your face" dance. That's friggin awesome.

Bradley G
10-01-2006, 08:41 PM
nice !:P excellent job BJ! :bop:
That will teach them to rag on our Marauders!

Bigdogjim
10-01-2006, 09:53 PM
I am very happy for you BJ enjoy your new found power!