PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Sears

Commodore Crap
10-03-2006, 03:51 PM
:mad2: i went to sears automotive in bowie to get a new right rear tire put on because they had the lowest price around (that i know of). well, of course, you get what you pay for. i dropped of the wheel, cuz there is no way in hell that they are touching my car. anywho, those f:censor: s were extremely careless with my rim. there were several very deep gouges around the valve stem. like they used a screwdriver to pry of the tire. they suck. and one of the spokes is all scuffed up. it looks just like someone dropped it on the face of the rim. so, after waiting 3 weeks for the tire, i gotta wait another weeks for them to send out the rim and get it refinished. just letting everyone know. and i know someones gonna say that i shoulda when here or there, but thats my fault. so, who goes where for tires? i would like to know for next time. thank you for listening to me vent.
-ryan

merc6
10-03-2006, 03:55 PM
Someone was saying they might have the machine for low profiles at auto hobby but $5 extra to price each tire mounted. 767-4571 to confirm if I was right or not. beleve you have to provide a tire.

Commodore Crap
10-03-2006, 04:22 PM
oh, ill provide a tire

sabtaj1
10-03-2006, 04:32 PM
I do it myself. I go to a local service shop that has a nice machine with all of the nylon plastic attachments. They charge me $5 to use it. So if it gets messed up its my fault and I will feel alot better that way.

MM2004
10-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Have your L/M Dealership do it.

That's what I do,...

Mike.

STLR FN
10-03-2006, 05:10 PM
:mad2: i went to sears automotive in bowie to get a new right rear tire put on because they had the lowest price around (that i know of). well, of course, you get what you pay for. i dropped of the wheel, cuz there is no way in hell that they are touching my car. anywho, those f:censor: s were extremely careless with my rim. there were several very deep gouges around the valve stem. like they used a screwdriver to pry of the tire. they suck. and one of the spokes is all scuffed up. it looks just like someone dropped it on the face of the rim. so, after waiting 3 weeks for the tire, i gotta wait another weeks for them to send out the rim and get it refinished. just letting everyone know. and i know someones gonna say that i shoulda when here or there, but thats my fault. so, who goes where for tires? i would like to know for next time. thank you for listening to me vent.
-ryanBull on the refinishing go in there and raise hell for a brand new rim. I did it(raised hell) at my Sears in Ann Arbor and they ponied up for a new one. Just ask for the auto manager. If that doesn't work ask for the district manager and give him an earful.

jgc61sr2002
10-03-2006, 05:11 PM
Costco has a machine that grabs the rim from the inside. No damage to aluminum wheels.

kj31067
10-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Have your L/M Dealership do it.

That's what I do,...

Mike.

x2 ....................

Peter
10-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Cross the border and goto Canadian Tire...Great service unlike the others :k

merc6
10-03-2006, 08:12 PM
If he makes it to the border...those super troopers are everywhere lol!

Joe Walsh
10-03-2006, 08:28 PM
I know that they are not real close but:
I've gone to Executive Wholesale Tire on Gude Drive in Rockville. (301) 294-8820
They have mounted many tires on various OEM and aftermarket alloy rims for me over the years.
I even had them mount the tires on the Cobra's Halibrand pin drive wheels.
Great service and NO damage to the rims...they do it right!

Commodore Crap
10-04-2006, 02:55 AM

ive been to canada a few times...... not that i used to live in buffalo or anything. i love tim hortons!
-ryan

ckadiddle
10-04-2006, 06:46 AM
I used my local Ford dealer that does most of the work on the MM for tire mounting after getting the tires shipped from Tire Rack. Kinda pricey, but no damage to any of the rims.

I had checked with my local favorite tire shop first, the told me up front they could not do the work because they didn't have the proper equipment on hand.

SID210SA
10-04-2006, 07:20 AM
I get my tires from Tire rack (orderd twice now) and had them shipped to the dealership the L/M dealership where I bought my car. They mount and balance them for 8 bucks a tire.....not bad in my opinion. Just contact your service advisor before they get shipped to them so they dont think that its their tires......They are the only ones I trust to do work on my rims and tires.....

Commodore Crap
10-06-2006, 02:43 PM
guess who just got a brand new, extra shiny, right rear rim??????

grampaws
10-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Ford Refinished my rims,They look 'scratched' if you can get
a replacement rim it will look a lot nicer.It will never look the
same..

Peter
10-06-2006, 03:27 PM
ive been to canada a few times...... not that i used to live in buffalo or anything. i love tim hortons!
-ryan

LOL I like it too :P