PDA

View Full Version : Rider90, check this out...

magindat
10-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Jason,
I don't see a forum for you yet, but check this out.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-892782202661869342
I think you could take him.

Rider90
10-04-2006, 09:29 AM
Ready and willing! I may not have the van or briefcase full of atleast $2,000 worth of Zymol Estate Products, but I would be more than happy to spend 20 hours on cars as exotic as he is detailing. I don't have sound at work, but it looks like he used a paint thickness gauge, seems pretty "Smoke & Mirrors" for cars as new and exotic as that. If he was detailing a 1990 Honda Accord, sure, that gauge will be of some use :)

One question comes to mind, if he is going all out - which he is - I would think he would use more than one sponge for the body. Even I use two new sponges if the lower half is filthy, as I do not want the grit from the lower half, generally after the tires, rubbed all over the hood.

If he can have enough business to pay for that van, his costly array of supplies and overhead, then more power to him - I can only hope I am in his position some day.

I'll check it out when I get home and have sound. Thanks - Great link!

Power Surge
10-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Pfttt... gimme one day and my Zaino products, and I'll match his shine... or surpass it :D.

Oh, and Jason, he says in the vid that he uses the sonic paint gauge to check how thick the paint is so he knows how much he can compound scratches out of the car.

AstroVic
10-04-2006, 01:21 PM
I'd let him detail my Marauder any day.

But of course I'd be even happier to have Jason do it!

Jason, if only you lived near Houston! :)

Peter
10-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Bah I bet Jason, can do better, you seen how beautifull those cars where!
Besides that guy in the video is overated :P

Drock96Marquis
10-04-2006, 02:06 PM
I think the paint thickness thing was kinda bogus lol. To cut through that much paint he would have to be using some REALLY agressive compound, which would reqire a follow up of at least one finer cut compound.

I don't trust his hand applied wax, unless he has baby soft hands. I know if I did that I'd get swirls everywhere :D

I agree with Jason about the wash mitts. I don't think I would use a degreaser on the paint, either, but for the wheel wells and such it cuts down scrubbing time a lot!

The gel wheel cleaner sounds neat, I also like the brush he had, I need to find one of those! He didn't mention anything about applying protection to the rims, though.

Peter
10-04-2006, 03:44 PM
I think the paint thickness thing was kinda bogus lol. To cut through that much paint he would have to be using some REALLY agressive compound, which would reqire a follow up of at least one finer cut compound.

I don't trust his hand applied wax, unless he has baby soft hands. I know if I did that I'd get swirls everywhere :D

I agree with Jason about the wash mitts. I don't think I would use a degreaser on the paint, either, but for the wheel wells and such it cuts down scrubbing time a lot!

The gel wheel cleaner sounds neat, I also like the brush he had, I need to find one of those! He didn't mention anything about applying protection to the rims, though.

So true, on my marauder I simply used a 2200 PSI presure washer to take the mud and stuff off then simply waxed it with Turtle Wax, I'm switching to Ice though.
I never would spend over 12$ (CAD) on any car care products.

If you want a good presure washer view this one:http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C% 3Eprd_id=845524443281473&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=25343743 03517486&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474 396670271&bmUID=1160001799252&fromSearch=true

Joe Walsh
10-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Really nice detailing job...But....

$5,000 for a serious detailing....

Or a complete S/C kit.....:hmmm:

Nuff said!

BTW: If he uses his hand to put wax on...does he use his hand to wax off?

MarauderMark
10-04-2006, 05:07 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Really nice detailing job...But....

$5,000 for a serious detailing....

Or a complete S/C kit.....:hmmm:

Nuff said!
BTW: If he uses his hand to put wax on...does he use his hand to wax off?

Dam Skippy:up:You a funny mofo Joe:rofl:

Rider90
10-04-2006, 05:45 PM
Much better with sound :)

I can see the depth test if he wants to take out scratches, but as Drock96Marquis said he has to be using something super abraisive or aggressive. But if it's workin' out for him, then that's awesome. Like I said before, I can only hope to offer a service like that. I just need to find the audience.

Great link!