PDA

View Full Version : Ok the poll is in....

SlkMerc
10-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the responses gents. After the tally:

Most agree that a flush is a good thing as long as it is done with a method that uses the front pump for fluid transfer motivation.

Some have said that I need to have a look in the pan: A good idea, I will persue that. Im not sold on the deep pan yet, although I would like to look into one that has a drain plug

If any of you have installed a trans cooler, what make did you go with? Are there pics available?

Donnie

RF Overlord
10-06-2006, 06:09 AM
Some have said that I need to have a look in the pan: A good idea, I will persue that.Dropping the pan once in a while is the only way to see what's going on in there...IOW, how much wear metal is collecting on the magnet, and how much clutch debris is depositing in the bottom of the pan.
Im not sold on the deep pan yet, although I would like to look into one that has a drain plug.While installing a pan with greater fluid capacity is always a good idea, it's not strictly necessary unless you are very hard on your car, and/or have a power adder. Having a drain plug does make the job of doing periodic drain-and-fills much easier and MUCH less messy.