PDA

View Full Version : Zaino

piglet
09-23-2002, 02:47 PM
Gents,

Just got off the phone after placing my order.

I got the following:

Z-2
Z-5
Z-6
Z-7
Z-16
Z-18
ZFX

Looking for any lessons learned on the application process. I.E. don't do what I did, or do what I did. I know the bottles have instructions on them that are easy to follow but the personal stories are the real instructions.

Thanks in advance.

Ray Snyder
09-23-2002, 02:50 PM
How much did all that cost and where did you order it from. I've looked here in Houston and could not find it.

Logan
09-23-2002, 03:08 PM
The Z10 works and smells awesome too. :)

Check out http://www.zainobros.com for all the details...

There are local distributors, Not sure who has houston...

piglet
09-23-2002, 03:12 PM
Gents,

I searched online for a distributor who would take plastic. Currently the Zaino Bro. are doing inventory this week and are not answering the phones. I was going to order from them.

I found this website:

http://www.indycamaro.com/glossboss.htm

They are Indiana's Zaino Distributors.

Cost was right at $100 bucks. Steep yes, but if Logan says to use it I am going use it. He is the man when it comes to the Marauder

Logan
09-23-2002, 03:41 PM
hahahha... That's funny. :)

But, I guarantee the zaino thing. It just plain works really really well and IMHO is well worth the money.

GarageMahal
09-23-2002, 04:20 PM
Was one of those part numbers the clay bar? I recommend using one. I was concerned about the idea at first but I am so happy I decided to use it.

I found more bits of foriegn metal that was starting to rust than I care to mention. Worth every bit of the extra effort.

jta

Logan
09-23-2002, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I highly recommend clay barring the car before beginning... The Z18 is the clay bar.

mark
09-23-2002, 06:40 PM
Follow zainos process, wash with dawn, claybar, I would reccommend using two applications of z5 with accelerator, then z6, then finish with z2, then z6,,, yes it is alot of steps at first,, but after this maintenace of the finish is easy. The look is unreal! I would take a weekend to do this.

MAD-3R
09-24-2002, 04:20 AM
Damn,
My wife thinks I spend enough time on the car as it is. If I spent a weekend working the finish, I might be lucky if I'm on the couch. :)

AN I'm just to damn Tall to try and sleep in the back seat!

JohnnyB
09-25-2002, 02:58 PM
Zaino is very good. You might want to try Pinnacle also

warriorprophet
09-26-2002, 12:48 PM
If that was logan I saw then zaino must be good, thing looked wet like the test car I drove.

Ofcourse it was, in fact, wet.

piglet
09-26-2002, 03:49 PM
Gents,

Here is an update on my Zaino purchase.

Today was a windfall for me. I received 3 UPS packages.

1. California Water Blade
2. Zaino products
3. New Gateway laptop battery

The service and quick shipping from the previously posted distributor was really quick only two days.

So I guess this weekend I will be doing the Zaino gig. I will go by Bed Bath and Beyond and get some high quality white towels. We only purchase Egyptian Cotton bath towels, however I think my better half will not be pleased if I use them on the Maurauder.

One last question. What type of sponge/ brush/ ???? do you recommend me using when I wash my car to minimize scratches?

Thanks,

SSee SSpot Run
09-27-2002, 08:28 PM
check out LS-1.com or implalassforum.com there are group purchases there. kit with either Z-1 or ZFX and towels is about $90 i think. got to order it myself. pig..be careful w/ the waterblade. i keep a towel in hand and wipe the blade off between swipes. SSee Ya, Rus