PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust?

Carolina Rauder
10-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Just recently bought my SB Marauder about 3 weeks ago.... Thinking about switching out the stock mufflers for flowmaster 40's. I'm trying to figure out what will it sound like with or with out Meg's Res-Delete Tips??? I don't understand the purpose of these tips??? I know my Marauder FAM can help me out.....:confused:

jgc61sr2002
10-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Welcome to the MM site.:D Enjoy your new ride.:welcome1:

There are several exhaust experts on this site who will probably chime in.

CanadaMarauder
10-06-2006, 05:34 PM
I have 2 Sound clips/videos of stock exhaust and super40's with non res tips if you want them PM me

RF Overlord
10-06-2006, 07:14 PM
I have 40s on my car and I don't like them...I think they're too loud and too raspy, but the Bunny Lady likes them so they stay...for now... :shake: I think if I have it to do over, I'd go with Magnaflows...

The difference in the tips is that the factory-installed tips carry the tailpipe further into the tip, which reduces cabin drone slightly.

Marauderjack
10-07-2006, 04:49 AM
My Magnaflows have a very unique sound (don't know if it's the secret X-pipe technology from TAF or not) but it has a piercing resonance at about 2200 RPM's when cold that mellows after the system heats up?? It is not a drone in the cabin but noticeable....may be from running a bit rich during warm up??:beer:

During "Normal" driving it has a nice rumble with an "H-pipe" sort of burble!!:beer: WOT....IT SCREAMS.....but not obnoxiously!!:D

Suits me just fine.....:burnout:

Marauderjack:D

mpearce
10-07-2006, 05:15 AM
Just my opinion,

I have the Flowmaster 40's, and the Megs delete tips. I love them. I did this exact mod. I went from stock exhaust, to this set up, and it changed the sound of the car completely. It's now louder, and throatier, more aggressie. The delete tips really compliment the sound of the Flowmasters. You won't get as much out of doing "just the mufflers" as you would doing the mufflers and tips at the same time. Again, just my opinion.

-Mat

mercmatt
10-08-2006, 07:43 AM
i did the 40's and delete tips at the same time as well. the car is def louder and sounds good. its not as loud as i thought it was going to be since flowmaster says the 40's are the loudest most aggresive mufflers they make. when the engines cold, at about 2000rpm, you have to yell to the person in the pass seat. its fun to hold it at 2 grand when its cold. its just sounds retarded

whoskal
10-08-2006, 07:52 AM
I have the super 40's and I love em... they seem to get real loud at about 3000-4000rpms when the CAI kicks in...... Let's just say I love going under bridges and through tunnels ect. I can't get enough....Buddies of mine I work with say my car sounds "pissed off".

merc6
10-08-2006, 02:07 PM
Make shure you don't tuck the tips under the bumper and you should have a poo eatin' grin in tunnels with the setup.

Rider90
10-08-2006, 02:19 PM
For a 40MB video of Spintech Pro-Streets on a Marauder sound like..right click, save as..

http://midwestpanthers.net/spintechpro.wmv

ctrlraven
10-08-2006, 05:19 PM
8 min vid I made of my MM, I had no clue my exhaust sounded this good from what people have told me. I have 40 series flowmasters, CVPI rear exhaust piping and res delete tips.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1PMtU6feomQ

Here is another one from inside the car doing a different vid (1st time using the camera)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxARilJI2QE

Marauderman
10-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Just recently bought my SB Marauder about 3 weeks ago.... Thinking about switching out the stock mufflers for flowmaster 40's. I'm trying to figure out what will it sound like with or with out Meg's Res-Delete Tips??? I don't understand the purpose of these tips??? I know my Marauder FAM can help me out.....:confused:

Where in Carolina are ya???? If close by ==will let ya hear mine.......then see how ya like some real nice magnaflows.........just ask fastblackmerc and SCCHEESEHEAD what they think....