PDA

View Full Version : So Long, and thanks for all the fish...

Logan
10-06-2006, 05:11 PM
So long, and thanks for all the fish...

We all knew early on that Mercury was making something special. MercuryMarauder.net has been instrumental in bringing owners and enthusiasts together from coast to coast and across North America, and persuading vendors to provide performance parts for the Marauder.

This web community has been the hub of the world's Marauder Knowledge, and I am pleased that my early vision (...or total lack there of) has grown in membership, camaraderie, support and most of all friendship. I have had the pleasure of owning two Marauders and mets lots of people, vast majority I'm proud to refer to as friends, some complete morons and nutjobs that I enjoyed lighting a fire under...

I want to take a moment to reflect on what has been created here. Our first Meet at FFW in Ennis, TX in Sept. 2003. Most of us had never met each other. Bob and Jean Mathis outdid themselves with very little resources to make this a memorable experience. Dozens and dozens of Marauders from around the country converged on Ennis - something many of us had never experienced before.

This kind of camaraderie continued in 2004 with MVII in Indy, under the watchful eye of Bunny, Dan, Mac, Dave, Mark, Jim and Marty; and MVIII in Detroit at the Woodward Dream Cruise, under the direction of the Motor City Marauders, headed by Dave, Mike, Jerry and many others. MVIV in Orlando, hosted by the Sunshine State Marauders, including Tom, Zoltan, Javier, Jim, Jake, Tom and others, is shaping up to be another stellar event.

These national Meets have spurred dozens and dozens of regional meets, from Florida to Washington, Massachusetts to San Diego and many spots in between. Many of you have taken these words to heart: it's not just about the car, it's about the people.

Over the years, my administrative aides Rick, Mary, Bob, Dan and Dave, vendor and regional moderators have lightened the load tremendously in the management of the website.

But just as I must change my shorts every now and again, time has finally come to face the music.

With much thought and consideration, I have decided to refocus my precious free time on my family. I have been running forum sites and servers for 6 years on the side, and now I'm done. This site and the others I run have gone from a hobby to an obligation and one that I can't do justice to with my personal and professional obligations.

I had two choices....I could just turn off the lights (Which personally, I thought would be hilarious, but Mary said it'd be a bad idea... :) ), or I could find someone to take over all the financial and managerial obligations of the website. I am very pleased to announce that the website has been sold and is now in the very capable hands of our very own Bunny Lady, aka MM03MOK.

Mary's presence on the Board has been a mainstay since I asked her to take on the task of moderator and administrator over two years ago. I think there will be little objection to the fact that Mary has managed this Board well and has become a great source of information about both the car and the Board.

Mary has partnered with several Members to take over the financial and managerial responsibilities of the Board. BigDogJim, Cruztaker, Dennis Reinhart, MercMan, Mike Poore, MM2004, RF Overlord and SergntMac are partners in the new management team with Mary.

These partners see a bright future for the Board. MM.Net remains the best source on and off the Web for information about the Marauder. "By creating a team approach to the Board, we're able to afford more attention and quicker feedback as needed. We look forward to exploring new options for the Board. We continue to need the financial support of the Membership to make sure we can keep the lights on. We also look forward to the opportunities to give back to the Membership in ways that support local, regional and national Meets," said Mary.

Thank you all for your generous contributions over the years that have helped maintain this valuable resource.

I hope you continue your generousity as Mary and her team chart new courses for MM.Net.

Logan out.

Tallboy
10-06-2006, 05:18 PM
It has been a pleasure, my friend. :bows:

Do drop in from time-to-time.:wave:

fastblackmerc
10-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Best Wishes Logan!

djv5150
10-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Logan,

Thanks for the site,sad to see you go stop by and leave a word once and awhile.you created a great web site community.

Thanks again

FordNut
10-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Thanks for pulling us together. Keep in touch, maybe you can become one of those pesky board members that the moderators have to keep under control!

Hotrauder
10-06-2006, 05:24 PM
This relative newbie would have owned a Marauder without this site, but it would have been just a little different big car nice ride not the LIFFESTYLE it is now. I would not have the shared experience, the friendships and the knowledge base that exists because of your insight, Logan. Thank you and all those who have made it so. My best regards. Dennis ..... Note to the bunny lady and the cast... I want to help in any way. Let me know. My gratitude for picking up the reins.

teamrope
10-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Don't be a stranger.:)

DEFYANT
10-06-2006, 05:40 PM
Take care Logan. I can not thank you enough for putting this all together. Through this site I have met new friends from across the country. People I willingly drive across several STATES to meet up with!
Forget what this site means to the (my) Marauder. It is clear this place has left its mark on this niche in the Ford performance world.

All because of your efforts. Stick around bud and a heartfelt thank you Logan!

Mary! Congrats Boss Bunny! If you and your management team need anything, feel free to call ;)

Directedby
10-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Thanks.......

Peter
10-06-2006, 05:46 PM
Awww :( Don't leave...Or at least say hi ;)

merc
10-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Mary has partnered with several Members to take over the financial and managerial responsibilities of the Board. BigDogJim, Cruztaker, Dennis Reinhart, MercMan, Mike Poore, MM2004, RF Overlord and SergntMac are partners in the new management team with Mary.

Thanks for keeping hope alive.

Pat
10-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Logan, you did us a great service, and by selecting MM030k to carry on the tradition we are all blessed. Her team is outstanding in every respect.
I will continue to have an avenue to pursue my passion, The Marauder.
Good luck Logan and Thanks.

Pat

For Boss Bunny, I dunno, that sounds kinda catchy. Hope your not offended.

I had an Easter Bunny once, kept it for 7 years and would take it around the neighbor hood on a leash. Whenever someone approached I would cinch up the leash and say "beware, this is an Attack Rabbit". :D

Whatever we can do to help out, we will.

Pat

jim geary
10-06-2006, 06:19 PM
Best wishes to you in your new endevors Logan. Now go and enjoy your
family.
And Mary if you need any help with anything out here in SO. CAL. don't
hesitate to ask.

MI2QWK4U
10-06-2006, 06:29 PM
Thanks Logan for providing the site. I found this site with a search in 2002 when I first saw that infamous and only Mercury Marauder Commercial on TV, and thought it was a sweet looking "family" car. I lurked and learned from Logan and a few others that knew a lot more about the car. This armed me for dealing with the Dealership that knew NOTHING about the car. As one of the first members, it has been great to watch the site grow and florish. Three Maraudervills in the history books, the forth on the horizen, and dozens upon dozens of regional and local events, multiple local clubs, simply amazing. So thanks for the opportunity to appreciate our cars, and to meet others that do the same. Even those that you may not agree with or get along with have all shared a drink or meal or tent or marauderville in mutual appreciation of a cult following. Enjoy your free time Logan. To Mary and others responsible for keeping the lights on, a hearty thanks as well. If there is anything our local club can assist with, please ask.

grampaws
10-06-2006, 06:36 PM
It was nice to have met you! We can only
hope our paths will cross again some time!!
Best of luck in your future ventures!!
May they turn out as well as this one
or even Better!:D

MikesMerc
10-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Best wishes Logan. Thank you. :beer:

Long live Mary! All Hail!!:bows: Congrats:beer:

STLR FN
10-06-2006, 06:51 PM
Goodnight Logan and enjoy your 'Retirement'. As others have said Thanks for putting together a site RoyLPita has called A 'Family'. Thanks.

Now for the 'Taskmasters' at hand, Get you asses in gear. :D j/k

Redster
10-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Nothing stays the same, so it's time to move on. Enjoyed talking to you on that very weird flight to Detroit. Hope you have time to visit us at Chuck's now and then. Good day.
Mary et. al. thanks for taking the hand-off of the torch.

KillJoy
10-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Good luck on your future projects!

Glad to hear we will be in capable hands!!

KillJoy

Bradley G
10-06-2006, 06:54 PM
Ok Logan, we had fun! eh? :P
Thanks for the laughs!!!

kj31067
10-06-2006, 06:55 PM
all i can say is WOW....... never saw it coming..........Logan, as a short timer, i would like to say thank you for the site that you envisioned and worked on to develop into the one and only resource
for Mercury Marauder owners. I , like many others ,purchased what i thought was the epitome of the fast four door, only to find out there was a wealth of info and tech that reached far beyond our initial purchase ...For this , i think i speak for everyone here when i say THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!...I also think your choice of Mary to run the site (with the help of others ) is excellent!!! I personally would like to wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors ...again..THANK YOU.........Keith Jenison:bows:

TAF
10-06-2006, 06:55 PM
Logan...it's been fun...thanks! Best wishes to you and your family.

From Member #83

sweetair
10-06-2006, 06:57 PM
Logan, though I never met you, this site has brought us and all the rest of us together to one extent or another. I thank you. Good luck.

bigslim
10-06-2006, 07:08 PM
So long and best wishes to you Logan. Thank you for giving us a site that was useful in meeting so many other people. If it were not for this site I would never have met Paul, Santino and Dave at the start of what is now the "MotorCityMarauders".

Good luck to all the new owners. Hope the site lives for many more years.

Glenn
10-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Logan:

You have done a great job on the MM.Net and without this net I would have never been at the point I am at with my MM. I have really enjoyed what you have started and the people I have met. Thank you very much for all your efforts. (I know about the time required to lead an effort of this magnitude. I had to give up control of the Fairlane Club of America after I started the club and it grew to over 2,500 members. The time it took from my family and two small sons was just too much.)

The best of luck and don't be a stranger to your MM.net. Also, good luck to Mary and her supporting team. Please keep the net going.

Glenn

Merc-O-matic
10-06-2006, 07:18 PM
The first 24 months were truly the "Glory Days"......keep in touch!

Gotta Love It!:baaa:

Cobra25
10-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Take care and best wish's always Logan. Thank You again for all you did for all of us.

RoyLPita
10-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Thanx for starting this wonderful site. It is a shame to see you go but does not mean for you to not stop on by and say "hi" to us.

shakes_26
10-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Enjoy the family time life's too short, thanks again for the behind the scenes and front and top and under the scene work.

Agent M79
10-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Bless you Brother Logan in your life's journey. What a marvelous junction has been made in all of our journeys here at MM.net. Thanks for turning on the lights and setting out the chairs.

cruzer
10-06-2006, 08:06 PM
We will never forget you. MM.net and my Marauder have completely changed my way of life. Through your efforts I have met some of the greatest people in the world--and you have made owning a Marauder a pleasure. All of us in the North Texas Marauders will always owe you a big debt of gratitude for making our group into a family. You and your family will always have a place in our hearts--please don't be a stranger--just let us know when you are in the area.
Time with your family is something that is more valuable than anything in the world--and it must be enjoyed in real time--opportunities missed are gone forever--so take the time to give your wonderful gals a lot of love and attention.
I wish you success in all you do and a long, happy and healthy life and will always value our friendship--God Speed my friend. Maury

cruzer
10-06-2006, 08:14 PM
My heartfelt thanks for stepping up to the plate and keeping us from becoming a group of orphans, wandering around with no place to call home. MM.net has become a part of my everyday life--I would have missed it terribly. The group you folks have put together looks like the Who's Who of Marauder owners. I wish you all the best of luck and you can depend on my support --- personally and financially. I considered all of you my dearest friends ever since I met you all at the 3 Maraudervilles I have attended.
I am looking forward to many more years of enjoying my Marauder Family on MM.net, thanks to you folks. THANK YOU, Maury

SID210SA
10-06-2006, 08:27 PM
First of all, Thanks to Mary and the new group administrators for keeping the family together!:bows: Hail to thee!!!

Logan.....It has been a pleasure meeting you and a pleasure joining and being a part of you brianchild, MM.net. I have had the rare oppertunity to meet the departing boss and the incoming boss.

Logan, I hope that you can attend the final Chuck's Cruise and picnic on the 28th. It would be a pleasure to thank you for all you have done in person. It's like loosing your best friend :bigcry: . Please drop a line from time to time to let us know your still up and kicking.

Good by my friend:cry:

Mike Hernandez

martyo
10-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Holy moly, I feel so empty! :(

I know you haven't been around much but I always got comfort knowing you were in the background!

:alone:

Bluerauder
10-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Logan, I really don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. So, I'll just add my heartfelt Thanks to the long list here. I can't say enough about what this site has meant and done for me personally over the past 3 years. You done good, Boss !!! :bows:

To Mary and the new management team, Thank You for stepping up and continuing what has become a Life Line for the MM family. I look forward to many more years of continued participation in what has become the Best Site on the Net. The flag has been passed to a very knowledgeable and capable team. :2thumbs:

Best Wishes, Logan in all you do. :toast:

martyo
10-06-2006, 08:43 PM
By the way Logan, I sent you an e-mail at you MM.net addy. Please check that or give me another way to get in touch with you. Thanks!

Rider90
10-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Thanks for creating such a great spot for us MM guys, you'll be missed. It could not have been passed on to a better person IMHO. Welcome Mary!

CRUZTAKER
10-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Thank you Logan.

Thank you for being particularly hard, and occationally unfair to me.
Thank you for opening this forum and changing my life forever.
Thank you for your hospitality while in the Republic.

I feel we can continue what you started, make you proud, and thrive here in our home. ;)

03SILVERSTREAK
10-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Many Many thanks Logan for providing a site with a wealth of information and a fun time with good people. Take care...

Lowell
10-07-2006, 12:27 AM
Thank you for the site. This site has changed my perspective on life, in a positive manner. MMnet has allowed me to meet some very nice people from other cities, other states and other countries. My life perspective has been improved by this site and the wonderful people that I have meet. It is nice to know the baton has been handed of to another gracious individual.

JMan
10-07-2006, 01:52 AM
Wow,
Utter shock. I'm sorry I never got to meet or thank you in person. I'm certain you had no idea this site would become the community it currently is when you started it. The friendship, helpfulness and comaraderie are wonderful changes to everyone's life. Family is paramount however. I wish for you to touch your family members as extraordinarily as you have touched all of us in your extended family. It's because of you we all have this site and each other. May God bless you in all your endeavours!

Jake

Paul T. Casey
10-07-2006, 04:24 AM
Finally, he's gone. Just kidding. Thanks for all you've done, and best wishes in whatever your future endeavors may be. I hear there's a Houston based Ford site in dire need of help... just a thought.

Smokie
10-07-2006, 04:40 AM
Logan, thank you. Best wishes to you and your family.

Mary and partners, thank you for stepping up.

Marauder386
10-07-2006, 06:20 AM
Logan, Sir, I thank you for establishing yourself as a pillar of support for the Marauder community. Thank you for all you have done in gathering together a wonderful membership of people here...they are always going to be with me due to you. Thank you so very much...Please drop in all the time, okay ?

:cool:

miamisilvermm
10-07-2006, 06:45 AM
Thanks for starting and passing along such a great site. I have been a daily reader and occasssional poster. This site adds spice to my daily ride. Once I get the kids off to college, I hope to have time to meet some members.

Jerry Barnes
10-07-2006, 09:55 AM
Logan,

Best wishes on your future. Enjoy your family and relax. It has been a pleasure working with you and all of the others on this site. You will be missed. Please stop by and say "HI" once and a while.

Good Luck Buddy!

BruteForce
10-07-2006, 10:01 AM
Thank you for your efforts over the years. While I first read about the Marauder somewhere else, this was the site that helped me make the decision to get one. Then came the "I gotta get stuff like Logan has" itch. Still scratching after all these years. Be sure to drop in once and a while and let us know what you're up to.

jgc61sr2002
10-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Logan - Thanks for this wonderful site.
Best Wishes to you and your family.

You couldn't have selected a better person to manage this site.
Good luck to Mary and her team. Thanks.

Shora
10-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Logan,

We have never met, but I am very thankful for all that you have done with this website and for the Marauder community.

The spirit that this website conveys in is second to none. I cannot express how happy I am to have such a great place for information and more importantly, for all the friendships that have been established as a direct result of this form.

To all those responsible for maintaining/ running this site and to all those who take time out of this busy lives to help, organize events, and even make us laugh...

I Thank You.

Next beer I drink will be cheered for this site!

:beer:

BUCKWHEAT
10-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Logan, Maury as usual has said it all. Your efforts have been substantial. I frankly don't know how you have been able to manage this site, your job and the growing family. Best of luck in the future. We all will look forward to your pithy comments and rapier wit from time to time. The Logan-mobile lives and will be a memory to your efforts. If you want it back, just call!

Bunny, no, you are no longer the Bunny. Your are the Big Hare. Best of luck to you and your cohorts in communication. Let us know what we can do. Do we need to send money?

Best regards to all.

JB

BruteForce
10-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Bunny, no, you are no longer the Bunny. Your are the Big Hare.

Big Hare! Now if somebody with the Photoshop skillz could merge a rabbit with this we'll be all set. :D

jobrien8
10-07-2006, 03:01 PM
As many others have stated: Thank You. I, as others, found the site through Google shortly after my purchase. Checked it out and stayed. Met you at Marauderville III and enjoyed speaking with you. I also got involved with the Motor City Marauders with information located on the site. Once again Thanks.

To Bunny et all: Thank you for keeping it going.

X369
10-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Thank you Logan, for putting together and maintaining this site! Good luck and continued success! Thanks and good luck also to Mary and her team in the future :)

Ron

Mikeenh
10-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Thanks Logan....It's been a great ride. I'll bet Mary is checking the price of race fuel now to keep us all on the fast track. :burn: :burn:

Member since 6-15-02

MarauderMark
10-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Thank you Logan for the friends and family i've met here and for making a grreat site.Hope you don't go to far away.

Congratulations Mary:congrats: :hug2: :cheer: :party:

Mongoose
10-07-2006, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the memories Logan
I've always said there are no strangers in this world, just friends I've never met. With the friends I've met thru this site, no words could be truer. I was introduced to the new team last nite and I can honestly say you've left this place in good hands.
Good Luck!
Charlie

Sully008
10-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Logan:

Thanks for opening this site. If it weren't for you and MMnet, I'd be @ MMorg which is nowhere near as fun as this place is. Best of luck in the future and don't forget to stop in and say "Hi!" every once in a while.

Marauderman
10-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Wow--All have said practically what can be said--although we have never met , as many have said here as well, you have become legenary to us all..who wouldda thunk it!! !! You surely didn't --nor was it you goal---

SO we all say thank you -- cause you, yourself have said it best..in your announcement .....we all share the same thoughts....

and the Thank you continues to a remarkabe man .....for your unselfishness in selling the aura of all this fun we have to another one of us .....so we may continue with our "FUN".......maybe running for politics is what your made for unknowingly...cause you have such an effect on others and can really control situations..:lol:..........

We all hope you can make MVIV..but if not ..sure all will be forever thinking of all you have done..........Carry on young man---I salute you!!....Tom

Meteorite
10-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Thanks for everything, Logan.

My main regret is finding MM.net only after I bought my car. I'm sure I could have gotten it for a few thousand dollars less if I had read certain posts on this site first.

When you joked about just "turning the lights off" on this site, I had a moment of panic. Because, when I need to know something about the Marauder, or notice some "symptom" while driving it ... I don't turn to the shop manual ... I hit the Search button right here.

The power of the MM.net community is so great that I'd almost say it would not be worth owning the car without the site. Knowing that the archive of old technical posts is there, knowing the results of others who have blazed the performance trail with certain modifications ... it is a very empowering thing.

I'll say it one other way: I'd buy almost any car ... if the members here all bought one and made a website about it.

Thanks for having the Vision to create this place! :up:

ncmm
10-07-2006, 06:02 PM
But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the East, and Mary is the sun!
Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,
Who is already sick and pale with grief
That thou her maid are far more fair than he.

but seriously. . .

:bows:
Logan, thank you sooo much for your contributions and time.
Wishing you and your family the very best. Come back and visit!

:cool4:
Mary, awww. . . our many thanks for taking command.

Blackened300a
10-07-2006, 06:09 PM
Logan

I also have never met you, but I thank you for your sacrifices that you made when putting this site together and maintaining it for so long. I enjoy reading and posting on this site and I especially am thankful for all the information I have picked up in just less then 2 years of membership here.
Im sure you have made wise decisions in who you want to run this site and I hope that as long as their are still Marauders on the road, Mercurymarauder.net will always be the authority of information about this special car.
Thank you again.

Take care and be well

mailman
10-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Logan, I've owned my car three years today and started reading the posts here a few months before my purchase. Thank you for filling those three years with tons of helpful info, lasting friendships, laughter, a few tears and occasional aggrevation ! This is where I usually start my day and end it as well.We all apprecate all you've done and wish you well. We could'nt have a better new owner than Mary and am looking forward to many more great years here with some of the best folks around. :beer: :beer:

Rollin'Thunder
10-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Logan, I can't say I'm surprised that this is happening, but I am saddened.:(
As Maury and others have said you will be missed at our local gatherings as well as by the entire membership.
Please drop by sometime. Good Luck and God Speed to you and yours!
Mary, Thanks to you and your chosen crew for picking up the task of keeping it all together. I don't post a lot, but I'm on the sight nearly every night checking out the latest happenings. Let us know where to send the contributions.:D
Bill

Blue03
10-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Thanks Logan and Happy Trails! The transition has looked seamless and I'm sure Mary and Company are a great choice! Thanks again!:)

MM03MOK
10-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Logan, on behalf of the new team of owners, I want to thank you for making all this possible. This website has been a life-changing experience and we only hope to do justice to the future of MM.Net.

Thank you, All, for your votes of confidence and encouragement. It means alot to know from you that we made the right decision. The nine of us are equal partners in every way. No one holds more importance than the other. No decision is made alone, but by a majority vote. This experience at managing the operations of a website is new to many of us, so we'll all grow and learn together.

We encourage Member and Vendor feedback. We encourage Member donations and Vendor sponsorships. We want to find new ways to raise funds to cover operating expenses. It is also important to us that the website give back to Members, such giving dash plaques at regional events. The Donation link on the Home Page has already been transitioned. http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/payments.php Many thanks to those who have already donated. In the not-too-distant future, we're looking to revamp and enhance the features given to Contributing Members. Contributing Members and Supporting Vendors help keep the lights on.

More to come as we forge ahead on the next chapter of MM.Net.

BigDogJim, Cruztaker, Dennis Reinhart, MercMan, Mike Poore, MM03MOK, MM2004, RF Overlord and SergntMac

pantheroc
10-07-2006, 10:15 PM
WOW! Logan THANKS! This post really pulled people out of the woodwork as well as lurkers (like I was for two years). Thanks for everything you have contributed to where this site is today.

Logan
10-07-2006, 11:57 PM
Wow, what a blast reading all the comments... I've been travelling since 6 am Friday enroute to Penang, Malaysia and have been reading the thread during stopovers... It's now about 2pm on Sunday in Malaysia and I've got presentations to prep for the week. Fun Fun...

I can't possibly respond to all the kind comments, but I do want to say thanks to each and everyone of you. Nice to know it was all worth the effort...

...and Buckwheat, seriously man... Don't say stuff like that, you'll start my itch back up dang it, I still miss that car... I sold it, it's supposed to stay sold!! :)

Thanks all...

PS - Uh... If one of you happens to work for American Airlines, my luggage is somewhere between Dallas, TX and Penang... I'd appreciate it if you'd "un-lose" it... With my luck, it's still sitting in DFW... Man, I have all the fun don't I? (Damn glad I followed my, spare set of clothes in the backpack rule...)

whoskal
10-08-2006, 07:59 AM
thanks for the site...best of luck in your future ventures

tddpop
10-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Logan,

I too am a newer member to the site, but it has been a mainstay since I joined in June. I visit the site at least twice a day. I am sure all the members of MM.net are very grateful to you for having the initiative to start up a site like this, I know I am. Thank you very much and good luck.

Congratulations to Mary and all the other partners! It's great to know that this site will be here for a long time to come. Thanks!!!

Mike Brown
10-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Thank you Logan very much, I do not post very much but I have learned so much from you and from the web site you created Thank You.

Mad1
10-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Wow. I got off for a little charity event weekend with the folks at Jack Daniels Distillery and when I get back the whole world has gone topsy-turvy.

Logan,

Just a few thoughts. Great job! Your leadership has instrumental in creating a family out of a few car nuts and a bunch of computers. As happy as I was when I bought this car back in Sept. 2002, I never imaged how it would take on a life of its own and create so many friendships around the country. This place helped me take my ownership to a whole new level and has become the gold-standard that I use to measure other online communities.

BigDogJim, Cruztaker, Dennis Reinhart, MercMan, Mike Poore, MM03MOK, MM2004, RF Overlord and SergntMac,

I'm just jealous. I can't think of anyone else better qualified to take over the reins of this crazy bunch of Marauderites.

Mad1
Jeremy

ctrlraven
10-08-2006, 04:58 PM
Logan, I never had a chance to talk to you but thank you for keeping this brain child of yours alive and con grads Mary!

texascorvette
10-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Thanks for creating a work of art, not just a website. Hope that doesn't mean we are losing a fellow Texan.

HwyCruiser
10-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Logan, thank you for starting this site up and letting it flourish thus far. It wasn't until I bought my Marauder and found this place and these folks that I really developed a passion for an automobile. I'm really glad that the transfer of site ownership went off like it did and all seems well in Marauderville.

Good luck on your future endeavors and I'll bet your family will really enjoy the time they'll have now that you don't have keep this house in order any more. It looks like it's in capable hands.

GarageMahal
10-08-2006, 07:58 PM
Take care Logan! I hope I get another chance to hang with you in lot full of awesome cars sometime. I will bring the Crown Royal...

jta

JamesHecker
10-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Thank you very much;

...for starting the site
...for keeping a tight reign on it so it is a pleasant place to be
...for keeping it up so long after you had really moved on to other things
...most of all for not "turning out the lights" which yes, would have been hillarious, but not for us! :-)
...and for turning the site over so we can continue to enjoy it and the people that are a part of it.

And thanks to those that stepped up to keep the site running.
I'm here nearly everyday, so please feel free to ask if there is some way I can help.

2003 MIB
10-09-2006, 03:20 AM
You'll be back...maybe not running the site but you'll be back.
Congrats to Mary and the Team!!:beer:

LordVader
10-09-2006, 04:54 AM
:( Logan we are truly sorry to see an end to an era. Your dedication to this site will alway be remembered, and we hope you will not be a stranger. Best of luck to Bunny, the boys and you!

Petrograde
10-09-2006, 05:38 AM
wow,....

Logan, thanks for all your hard work man. I hope you poke your head in once in a while.

Congrats to BigDogJim, Cruztaker, Dennis Reinhart, MercMan, Mike Poore, MM03MOK, MM2004, RF Overlord and SergntMac!

JVJ
10-09-2006, 06:35 AM
Thanks and take care.

ckadiddle
10-09-2006, 07:22 AM
Thanks for all your time and efforts over the years, Logan. Bunny Lady is still going to allow you to visit, right? ;) Your family needs to come first. Thanks for NOT turning out the lights! This is far too valuable resource to just turn off. Thanks for allowing us to continue it.

SergntMac
10-09-2006, 10:01 AM
Thank you, Logan. Thank you for opening the site and inviting us in, and all that followed. It's been a joy ride for me and it is today, part of my daily life. I would not have the many good friends I have today without MM.Net.

Be safe in your travels, my friend. You know you are welcome here always. We'll keep one light on just for you.

hitchhiker
10-09-2006, 10:21 AM
Thanks for a job well done and a fine legacy!

Best Regards,

Dave

:D

mcb26
10-09-2006, 10:42 AM
Thanks Logan

MarauderTJA
10-09-2006, 11:09 AM
Thanks Logan, your foresight in developing this site. It has been one of the best things developed in the cyber world for the Marauder. This is the first website I have ever participated with forums ever. I really couldn't imagine not going on-line with the first click to MM.NET. I have met MANY new friends and without your site that would have never happend. Thank you and best of luck in your future endeavors.

Best of luck to you Mary and the crew. With the people holding the reins I am confident that the site will be better than ever.

Hope to meet many of you at Marauder IV

Big Joe P
10-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Thanks for everything Logan, I found the site in early 2003 while searching for info on the MM. This soon led to the purchase of my car 4/2003 and the Kenny Brown hook-up 2 months later. Nice bunch of car guys here. Congratulations to the new ownership group, we couldn't find a more passionate bunch.

RCSignals
10-09-2006, 11:14 PM
the King is dead

god save the Queen

Logan, don't leave those fish laying around too long now. The neighbours will complain.

Slowpoke
10-10-2006, 12:28 AM
Thanks Logan!

Without this website I never would have met some really cool people. For that I thank you.

Without this website, I never would have gotten into the Marauder Pen business [although I have not sold one in months, but have an inventory of several hundred]. For that I thank you... I think.

Without this website, I would have stared blankly at the ceiling when I was online and reached the 'end of the internet'. For that I thank you.

Without this website I would have never known that all Canadians were not complete morons. For that I thank you.

Without this website, I would have never known the delight of watching a bunch of grown men eat chicken. For that I thank you.

Without this website, I'd just be a guy with a cool car, instead of the reality, which is that I am a guy with a cool car who knows a bunch of other guys [and girls] with cool cars. For that, I thank you.

Enjoy your freedom from this responsibility - I know all too well the demands of modern life and the choices we must make in order to obtain the Zen nirvana we all seek... go find your youself... enjoy your kids. Next year we'll meet at Burning Man, ok? Just don't do the truck rental thing to haul all your supplies up to the desert.

O's Fan Rich
10-10-2006, 03:31 AM
Whoa! I go awya for a bit and this happens?
Was it something I didn't say?

Thanks Logan... don't be a stranger.... stranger.

TooManyFords
10-10-2006, 05:51 AM
Logan, it really has been fun and I for one am glad to have you as a friend.

I am also glad you've put your family as a high priority. I have always said, life is too short. Good luck with everything you're doing.

And to the new crew, please don't change the pinion angle on the site!!

:laugh:

Cheers!

John

Haggis
10-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Now hopefully you will have time to watch your kids grow up. Thanks for always being in the back ground and keeping this site running. Because of you I have met a lot of friends I consider family, even though they keep me in the dark.

To the leaders of the new regime, congrats on the bloodless coup. Hopefully you will continue to make this a place were friends can meet and discuss things of importance and not so important.

BillyGman
10-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Logan,
thanks very much for starting this board. I bought my Marauder before I ever found out about this board, but had it not been for MM.net, I wouldn't have been able to turn the otherwise mild factory Marauder, into the low 12 second daily driven well mannered fire breathing machine that mine is today, and that it has been for the past 2 1/2 years.

Before I became a member of this board, I had no idea of the existence of great parts vendors for our Marauders such as Trilogy Motorsports, Kooks exhaust, Alternative Automotive, & Innovative Interceptors. And w/out the knowledge of those vendors ( which I gained from this board) my car still would've been the 15 second slug that it was when I bought it new back in 2003. :up:

Dr Caleb
10-10-2006, 09:16 AM
Thanks Logan. You scared the carp out me. Here, I thought the Earth was about to be destroyed by a Vogon constructor fleet . . .

Thanks for all the good times, and the great place to meet some really good people who are willing to share some really excellent information. One day, we'll get to meet, and then the whisky is on me!

And congrats to the inmates who now run the asylum ;) :beer:

maraudernkc
10-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Logan, I uderstand what you are talking about with running more than one business. You have done an oustanding job in putting together a Marauder community. I like how you have handled the site and just cut people off and not let things get out of control. I wish you the best in your future endervors.

I would like to say congrats to Mary and the rest of the new owners. I look forward to even a better mm.net.

Payment sent for October via Paypal.

Need money to run the site.

hitchhiker
10-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Thanks Logan. You scared the carp out me. Here, I thought the Earth was about to be destroyed by a Vogon constructor fleet . . .

Thanks for all the good times, and the great place to meet some really good people who are willing to share some really excellent information. One day, we'll get to meet, and then the whisky is on me!

And congrats to the inmates who now run the asylum ;) :beer:

http://www.douglasadams.com/creations/0330287001.jpg (http://www.douglasadams.com/creations/0671745530.html)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/blobs/dontpanic_banner.gif (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/DontPanic-Tour)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/images/173/babel2.gif (http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/install_guide_animation.exe)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/images/100/42.gif (http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/guide/answer.shtml)

:D

SergntMac
10-10-2006, 03:27 PM
The puzzle is solved...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So_Long,_and_Thanks_for_All_th e_Fish

FastMerc
10-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Well Logan Im glad I had the pleasure of meeting the individual who brought a collective of missfits and car nuts and other crazy individuals together,with one thing in comon called the Mercury MARAUDER. Seriously there are alot of fun and good people here who like to help out each other,and get together and have a good time together.Plus I wont forget the vendors that came together here also,that have many interesting things for our cars. Once again thanks Logan Now to the new leaders of the pack so to speak:bows: well you all know me I think.:D I believe we are in good hands with these guys.Hope we all have a good future here,and the collective stays and has fun.There is a long way to go with these automobiles,Welcome to the new owners.:banana:

jabird56
10-10-2006, 04:45 PM
<st1:place><st1:city w:st="on">Logan</st1:city></st1:place>,
<o:p> </o:p>
Evening though I haven’t met you, I would like to say good luck with the future and have fun with the family. I have an immense appreciation for all that you have done for the Marauder family. As with others, I found this site after I bought my MM and I am glad I did. As soon as I saw one in a magazine, I knew I had to have one. It is amazing how a website of this magnitude is able to bring a bunch of strangers from across the <st1:country-region w:st="on">U.S.</st1:country-region> and <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Canada</st1:place></st1:country-region> together as friends and as mentioned above, as a family of car owners that enjoy their cars and stories of others. Sir, Fair Winds and <st1:place w:st="on"><st1>Following</st1><st1> Seas</st1></st1:place>.
For the new crew, I know we’re in good hands and let me know if/when you need help.
Jay

Ladyhawke
10-10-2006, 07:08 PM
Thank you Logan for this wonderful site and best wishes in your future.

Congrats to the new owners group.

Joe Walsh
10-10-2006, 07:21 PM
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Logan</st1:City></st1:place>,
Evening though I haven’t met you, I would like to say good luck with the future and have fun with the family. I have an immense appreciation for all that you have done for the Marauder family. As with others, I found this site after I bought my MM and I am glad I did. As soon as I saw one in a magazine, I knew I had to have one. It is amazing how a website of this magnitude is able to bring a bunch of strangers from across the <st1:country-region w:st="on">U.S.</st1:country-region> and <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Canada</st1:place></st1:country-region> together as friends and as mentioned above, as a family of car owners that enjoy their cars and stories of others. For the new crew, I know we’re in good hands and let me know if/when you need help.
Jay

:agree: ...my thoughts exactly.

Thanks Logan!

seabreeze
10-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Logan,

Thanks for making this one of my regular stops on the internet for the last 4 years. Even though I had ordered my 1st Marauder before I discovered the site, it was thru the good people and vendors on this site that the mod bug ever so slightly bit me, and I have an even better vehicle in my 2nd one. All the best to you and your family (wasn't it twins a couple years ago?) :coolman:

Mary & Team: Thanks for stepping up to the challenge. I hope to keep lurking here for many years to come. This is THE authoritative one-stop Marauder site for the 2003-2004 cars.

Sergeant Mac: Thanks for uncovering the "Fish" reference. My sci-fi interest never quite made it to the Hitchiker's Guide series.

69mach1
10-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Logan :bows:

Many thanks for all your efforts and for leaving this site in very capably hands. The information and friends made on this site make my Marauder even more pleasurable :D

Good luck in your future endeavours :beer:

Jon aka 69mach1 :burnout:

jaywish
10-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Logan,

I want to add my heartfelt thanks to that of the others. I'm glad you know the meaning of life the universe and everything.

To the new group. Thank you also for picking up this heavy torch.

What shall we call you, the Nineumverate?:beer:

Jay

sfsv
10-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Logan,

You have done something that has united the various MM and panther owners through out the world. We will be forever grateful. I fully understand your commitment to your family. I made a similar decision back in Nov 2005 when I left Lincoln Mercury, to spend more time with my family. I don't regret it at all. There are more things to life than cash flow. Yes cash flow makes things much easier, but a happy family is priceless.

Best regards,
sfsv:)

sfsv
10-15-2006, 07:21 PM
Logan,

You have done something that has united the various MM and panther owners through out the world. We will be forever grateful. I fully understand your commitment to your family. I made a similar decision back in Nov 2005 when I left Lincoln Mercury, to spend more time with my family. I don't regret it at all. There are more things to life than cash flow. Yes cash flow makes things much easier, but a happy family is priceless.

Best regards,

JVJ
10-16-2006, 06:13 AM
Thanks and best wishes.

superiorone
10-16-2006, 02:42 PM
thank you for everything Logan, and a BIGG thanks to Mary for keeping the dream alive!!!!

RoNiN77
10-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Bueno suerte amigo!!!

1 Bad Merc
10-17-2006, 03:35 PM
Logan - it's been a heck of a ride. Thank you for putting this site together. I would not have met all the great people here without it. I was out of hotrods and drag racing for awhile and this site just seemed to drag me back in! All kidding aside, Good Luck in your new adventures! :beer:

stryker
10-18-2006, 06:02 AM
So long, and thanks for all the fish...

We all knew early on that Mercury was making something special. MercuryMarauder.net has been instrumental in bringing owners and enthusiasts together from coast to coast and across North America, and persuading vendors to provide performance parts for the Marauder.

This web community has been the hub of the world's Marauder Knowledge, and I am pleased that my early vision (...or total lack there of) has grown in membership, camaraderie, support and most of all friendship. I have had the pleasure of owning two Marauders and mets lots of people, vast majority I'm proud to refer to as friends, some complete morons and nutjobs that I enjoyed lighting a fire under...

I want to take a moment to reflect on what has been created here. Our first Meet at FFW in Ennis, TX in Sept. 2003. Most of us had never met each other. Bob and Jean Mathis outdid themselves with very little resources to make this a memorable experience. Dozens and dozens of Marauders from around the country converged on Ennis - something many of us had never experienced before.

This kind of camaraderie continued in 2004 with MVII in Indy, under the watchful eye of Bunny, Dan, Mac, Dave, Mark, Jim and Marty; and MVIII in Detroit at the Woodward Dream Cruise, under the direction of the Motor City Marauders, headed by Dave, Mike, Jerry and many others. MVIV in Orlando, hosted by the Sunshine State Marauders, including Tom, Zoltan, Javier, Jim, Jake, Tom and others, is shaping up to be another stellar event.

These national Meets have spurred dozens and dozens of regional meets, from Florida to Washington, Massachusetts to San Diego and many spots in between. Many of you have taken these words to heart: it's not just about the car, it's about the people.

Over the years, my administrative aides Rick, Mary, Bob, Dan and Dave, vendor and regional moderators have lightened the load tremendously in the management of the website.

But just as I must change my shorts every now and again, time has finally come to face the music.

With much thought and consideration, I have decided to refocus my precious free time on my family. I have been running forum sites and servers for 6 years on the side, and now I'm done. This site and the others I run have gone from a hobby to an obligation and one that I can't do justice to with my personal and professional obligations.

I had two choices....I could just turn off the lights (Which personally, I thought would be hilarious, but Mary said it'd be a bad idea... :) ), or I could find someone to take over all the financial and managerial obligations of the website. I am very pleased to announce that the website has been sold and is now in the very capable hands of our very own Bunny Lady, aka MM03MOK.

Mary's presence on the Board has been a mainstay since I asked her to take on the task of moderator and administrator over two years ago. I think there will be little objection to the fact that Mary has managed this Board well and has become a great source of information about both the car and the Board.

These partners see a bright future for the Board. MM.Net remains the best source on and off the Web for information about the Marauder. "By creating a team approach to the Board, we're able to afford more attention and quicker feedback as needed. We look forward to exploring new options for the Board. We continue to need the financial support of the Membership to make sure we can keep the lights on. We also look forward to the opportunities to give back to the Membership in ways that support local, regional and national Meets," said Mary.

Thank you all for your generous contributions over the years that have helped maintain this valuable resource.

I hope you continue your generousity as Mary and her team chart new courses for MM.Net.

Logan out.:eek: !NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't go Mang don't leave us don't leave this site I want this site increase not decrease.

STRYKER.

ParkRanger
10-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Live long - and prosper. :beer:

10-7 EOW

PR :burnout:

merc406
10-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Thanks for all this here Marauder stuff and good luck on all your other stuff...

Motorhead350
10-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Thanks for everything. Without this site I would be really lost on my knowledge for this car and thanks for keeping me on probation instead of banned for life. :D

Drive it like you rented it.

HotrodMerc
10-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Logan, ditto of course to all that has been said before I noticed this thread, since i do not get on here, or even look at this computer every day. Thank you for the class act and a class transition. Hope to meet you and as many others in this family as possible at future functions. For now, if you spend all the time you can with your children, and wife, your only regret, if any, would likely be that you didn't have more time to spend with them. You have again made a wise decision. Best wishes, and enjoy those little ones while they are little.
And Thank You to Bunny and Co.

drgnrdr33
10-21-2006, 10:38 PM
Thanks Logan. I have yet to find another site with the resources or camaraderie that you have created and sustained.

I'm glad to know the site will be run by those who can preseve the "homey" feel of this site so that it continues to be a welcome place.

God bless your family and future efforts.

ChiTownMaraud3r
01-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Logan, even though I do not know you personally, and have exaggeratedly few posts, I have been around since early 05 and have read countless threads on all issues, and I feel like I know you. You have created something very special here, Lots and lots of information. Shutting this place down would have been catastrophic. Thanks for everything man.

Bigdogjim
01-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Thanks Logan the :fish: are well and say hi!

DEFYANT
01-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Thanks Logan the :fish: are well and say hi!

Thats right. "Earth" has not quite been destroyed. Hows your :popcorn: ?

Breadfan
01-05-2007, 01:46 PM

The answer for this community is...

"42"

RCSignals
01-05-2007, 03:43 PM

I can hear Logan now saying 'I see nothing has changed'

Originally Posted by Logan
Underlying point was for people to get off our backs. We moderate for a reason, because if we don't it goes to hell in a handbag in an instant. The rules on the darkside were no different than any other unmoderated site, everyone made it what it was. Was it absurd? I don't think so, I'd honestly of been happy to leave it up if people could prove me wrong.

DefyantExWife
01-05-2007, 09:37 PM
:sleepy: .

tbiondich
01-14-2007, 08:15 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I agree !!! Family First always. When momma is happy, everyone is HAPPY! You gotta love this site, eh guys? ....Tim

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Logan,

Best regards,