PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: "Replying" to a PM Email Notification

MM03MOK
10-10-2006, 03:47 PM
When you select, in Edit Options, to be notified by email of a new PM, if you "Reply" to the email instead of following the link to your PMs, I get your email.

Please make sure it's something juicy!! :D

<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY id=pmoptions><TR><TD>The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.</TD></TR><TR><TD><LABEL for=cb_emailonpm><INPUT id=cb_emailonpm type=checkbox value=1 name=options[emailonpm]>Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages</LABEL></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Bill Lalk
10-10-2006, 05:05 PM
So, I am supposed to link through my personal email using windows? Not go to MM.net and read it there?

MarauderMark
10-10-2006, 05:08 PM
So, I am supposed to link through my personal email using windows? Not go to MM.net and read it there?

You can read it in your email(i think) and on here but you can only reply to the one who sent it to you through here only.

MM03MOK
10-10-2006, 05:08 PM
You can read the PM in the email sent. To reply to the PM, follow the link in the email (see below).....don't "Reply" to the email.

This is the message and link in the email to get you to your PMs on the website:

To read the original version, respond to this message, or delete the
> message, you must log in here:
> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/private.php (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/private.php)

MM03MOK
10-23-2006, 06:07 PM
I am still getting emails daily from folks that are "replying" to private message notifications.

PLEASE! follow the link in the email or go directly to your private messages. DO NOT REPLY. The person sending the PM to you WILL NOT get your reply.

CRUZTAKER
10-23-2006, 06:27 PM
Well hell....put ME on the recipient list as well.:P

MM03MOK
11-18-2006, 12:34 PM
This bears repeating again. On a daily basis, I get emails from folks that think they're replying to a Private Message. I get the email, not the PM sender.

Within the email notification you receive, telling you that a PM awaits you, the following message is apparently not noticed.

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/private.php (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/private.php)
Please do not reply to the email notification. Follow the link provided to your Private Messages. Up to this point, I've replied to each email, saying "go to your PMs", but this is getting tedious and time consuming. Thanks for understanding.

Agent M79
11-18-2006, 12:52 PM
ADMIN should set up an email addy with an autoreponder that tells people replying to email PM notifications that they are illiterate morons (or perhaps a softer, more PC message) and save ADMIN the hassle.

MM03MOK
11-18-2006, 12:57 PM
ADMIN should set up an email addy with an autoreponder that tells people replying to email PM notifications that they are illiterate morons (or perhaps a softer, more PC message) and save ADMIN the hassle.
I knew I liked you for a reason! ;)

mailman
11-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Good One!!:lol:

Bill Lalk
11-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Now that hurts. I said I was sorry!

MM03MOK
11-18-2006, 01:12 PM
I wasn't naming any names! ;) Agent is being silly.

Agent M79
11-18-2006, 02:23 PM

It's not your fault, Bill. It's the system. It's always the system. It's designed to keep us down. The common man has no chance. We clothe them. We feed them. We enrich them. This is what we get in return.

To you, Bill, I say continue to respond to your email PM notifications. Screw the system! Their best interests are not yours. Reply! RePLy!! REPLY!! REEEEEPPPLLLYYYYYYYY!!!!

silver_2000
11-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Since there is only on Admin email the autoresponse would apply to ANY email sent to the admin address ..

What I ended up doing was changing the PM phrase ( pmreceived ) so that it was CLEARER - I used CAPITOL Letters - Seems to have helped

Doug

Agent M79
11-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Since there is only on Admin email the autoresponse would apply to ANY email sent to the admin address ..

What I ended up doing was changing the PM phrase ( pmreceived ) so that it was CLEARER - I used CAPITOL Letters - Seems to have helped

Doug

The software doesn't allow a different email addy for the pm notification email? That's too bad.

But hey, that's the system... and it's designed to keep us down man... (you get the idea...)

MM03MOK
11-20-2006, 01:25 PM
Hello? Anybody home? Just received 3 emails intended as PM responses for others........

At the top of the PM notification email you receive, it says.
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

I know....I have to watch this myself.... Just know that if someone doesn't respond, they might not have received your "email."

Hotrauder
11-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Dayam, someone send me a PM so that I juice up the wabbit. I will send a reply she will LOVE! Trust me. Dennis:beer: :beer: :beer:

Bill Lalk
11-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Hello? Anybody home? Just received 3 emails intended as PM responses for others........

I know....I have to watch this myself.... Just know that if someone doesn't respond, they might not have received your "email."
Are you talking about me? Because right about that time, I looked and read 3 emails from .net and then deleted them. Did not reply. So, if they came from me, there is a flaw in the system.

MENINBLK
11-20-2006, 02:51 PM
I can't believe all these post about a simple PM responder.

Email sent should read :

-------------------------------------------------------
HEY YOU !!!

Someone at mm.net sent you a PM.
Go here to read it
'link'

Admin
MM.net
-------------------------------------------------------

This will avoid this lengthy, space consuming thread...

Now back to the Word Association thread.....

MENINBLK
11-20-2006, 02:54 PM

These guys are just making sure the system works as planned..... :)

MM03MOK
11-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Are you talking about me? Because right about that time, I looked and read 3 emails from .net and then deleted them. Did not reply. So, if they came from me, there is a flaw in the system.
Nope, not you Bill.

All: Maybe I'm not being too gentle about it, but I don't want to be reading people's emails. That's all. Instead of Email notification for PMs, how about using the PM pop-up notice. If you're here surfing anyway, it'll show up as you change pages and you can go right into your PMs.