PDA

View Full Version : Ok, who's going?

Mike Poore
10-12-2006, 06:12 AM
These two threads have gotten so FUBAR'd that old people required several PM's just to figgure out what was going on. I'm talking about the BIG car show at Laurel, MD THIS Saturday.

Haggis
10-12-2006, 06:30 AM
These two threads have gotten so FUBAR'd that old people required several PM's just to figgure out what was going on. I'm talking about the BIG car show at Laurel, MD THIS Saturday.

Nope will not be there. Honey-do list in the afternoon and after that it is the 'Golden Gears Toys-4-Tots'cruise-in at the Fredericktown Mall. That is the same cruise-in as last year we went to after the 'Gettysburg-Do'.

Mike Poore
10-12-2006, 07:54 AM
Nope will not be there. Honey-do list in the afternoon and after that it is the 'Golden Gears Toys-4-Tots'cruise-in at the Fredericktown Mall. That is the same cruise-in as last year we went to after the 'Gettysburg-Do'.

I'd like to make your event, on the return trip, Gordon; the Laurel show ends very late ~4PM, & I figure, and might make it too long a day for this old coot.

If there's not going to be much of a CAM turnout at Laurel, perhaps I would just bag it, and bring Barb, since she's home about 3:30 and do Frederick instead.

Haggis
10-12-2006, 07:57 AM
I'd like to make your event, on the return trip, Gordon; the Laurel show ends very late ~4PM, & I figure, and might make it too long a day for this old coot.

If there's not going to be much of a CAM turnout at Laurel, perhaps I would just bag it, and bring Barb, since she's home about 3:30 and do Frederick instead.

Frederick cruise-in starts at 6pm.

Bluerauder
10-12-2006, 08:31 AM
I am a definite firm MAYBE for this event. :D Just don't like getting up at 5 AM on my RDO. :rolleyes: What's the weather projection .....

Joe Walsh
10-12-2006, 01:47 PM
I am a definite firm MAYBE for this event. :D Just don't like getting up at 5 AM on my RDO. :rolleyes: What's the weather projection .....

Cold in the AM, mid to low 30s, warming into the 60s.
Bright and sunny!

I will be freezing my A$$ off in the AM driving the Cobra!

I will defrost my hands on the crackling sidepipes after I get off I-95.

ctrlraven
10-12-2006, 02:07 PM
If only a few people are going then I may bother getting up in the morning lol and just wait until the Hooters thing to see everyone. I only started the thread about the car show because it is a HUGE show which means more people to show our beautiful cars to but that also means a lot of dumb questions "Is that a GM" reply "Umm does it look like it...NO" lol

As of 10/07/06 this is the list I had of who's going or not.

Yes:
1: ctrlraven
2: JoeWalsh
3: WKPLYHD
4: Commodore Crap
5: Bluerader
6: NATEHAWK
7: Mike Poore
8: MarauderMark

Maybe:
1: DEFYANT
2: Merc
3: Haggis
4: Breadfan
5: 04marauderMD666
6: Bigdogjim

No:
1: merc6
2: sweetair

Joe Walsh
10-12-2006, 07:29 PM
If only a few people are going then I may bother getting up in the morning lol and just wait until the Hooters thing to see everyone. I only started the thread about the car show because it is a HUGE show which means more people to show our beautiful cars to but that also means a lot of dumb questions "Is that a GM" reply "Umm does it look like it...NO" lol

As of 10/07/06 this is the list I had of who's going or not.

Yes:
1: ctrlraven
2: JoeWalsh
3: WKPLYHD
4: Commodore Crap
5: Bluerader
6: NATEHAWK
7: Mike Poore
8: MarauderMark

Maybe:
1: DEFYANT
2: Merc
3: Haggis
4: Breadfan
5: 04marauderMD666
6: Bigdogjim

No:
1: merc6
2: sweetair

I thought that BigDog was a "YES"...:dunno:

Mike, You bringin' Sunshine?

Anyone else???

Bigdogjim
10-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Yes Joe I am a yes as of now:laugh:

Mike Poore
10-13-2006, 03:35 AM
I thought that BigDog was a "YES"...:dunno:

Mike, You bringin' Sunshine?

Anyone else???

Yes, Sunshine will be there ....top UP on the way to the show. It's gonna be great to see you guys. Um, you gonna have a passenger in the right seat?:burn:

merc6
10-13-2006, 04:48 AM
This the Hoooooters meet? I was going to show for the afternoon cause I am gonna be in reston va for the other club BBQ in the morning half. I also was going to attend sundays activities if they still exist...

Bluerauder
10-13-2006, 06:10 AM
So we are still planning to meet up at the Tower Federal Credit Union Bldg between 7:30-7:45 AM? If BDJ can do it .... then so can I. :D

I was thinking maybe at this location around 7:30-7:45am since registration starts at 8am. It is right off 95 about a mile or so from the actual car show and easy to get to.

7901 Sandy Spring Road
Laurel, MD 20707
It is at the Tower Federal Credit Union bank and they have a big parking lot.

Mike Poore
10-13-2006, 06:38 AM
Hey, Gordon. When we did the last CAM meet we got off I-70 and took 29 to 100. I'm trying to remember if we got off US 40 and went to 29 or did we stay on I-70? There's also the possibility of taking I-270 to the Capitol Beltway and picking up I-95 and going north from the inner loop? It looks about the same distance either way. How would you go?:dunno:

Glad to see Charlie's going, and BDJ. Any chance you might change your mind and make the trip?

Bluerauder
10-13-2006, 06:41 AM
Hey, Gordon. When we did the last CAM meet we got off I-70 and took 29 to 100. I'm trying to remember if we got off US 40 and went to 29 or did we stay on I-70? There's also the possibility of taking I-270 to the Capitol Beltway and picking up I-95 and going north from the inner loop? It looks about the same distance either way. How would you go?:dunno:
Glad to see Charlie's going, and BDJ. Any chance you might change your mind and make the trip?
Mike. Personally, I think that I-70 to MD 100 and then south on I-95 is a more direct route. Don't do the Capital Beltway thing. That's just MHO.

Mike Poore
10-13-2006, 07:57 AM
This the Hoooooters meet? I was going to show for the afternoon cause I am gonna be in reston va for the other club BBQ in the morning half. I also was going to attend sundays activities if they still exist...

No, this is NOT the HOOOOOter's meet. That's Charlie's DOO on the last weekend of October.

Please pay attention .......it only took me about a week and a bunch of PM's along with a poll to figure out which was which. :banghead:

It's one of the CAM rules ......confusion is good. ;)

Our last really good exercise in frustration was Buffalo Bob's trip to Leesburg, VA, and the visit to the wrong brewery on the wrong weekend. How do you spell Dogfish Head?:beer:

Of course, he got his, last evening, with that foot of snow. :eek:

Bigdogjim
10-13-2006, 09:10 AM
Well it wackey wiper time again:mad2:

For the 4th time in 3 years the wipers are going wild:help:

Marauder is at the Ford dealers and I hope they get this time?

Had everything replaced that I could:alone:

Joe Walsh
10-13-2006, 09:46 AM
So we are still planning to meet up at the Tower Federal Credit Union Bldg between 7:30-7:45 AM? If BDJ can do it .... then so can I. :D

Yep..Bright & Squirrelly!!

Bigdogjim
10-13-2006, 11:42 AM
Sorry Charlie but I am passing that two time the car has stoped me from a trip. Time to kick some wrench turning azz?

Joe Walsh
10-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Sorry Charlie but I am passing that two time the car has stoped me from a trip. Time to kick some wrench turning azz?

What's up Jim??

You gonna let a silly wiper problem stop you?

"We don't need no stinkin' wipers!!"

Bluerauder
10-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Alrighty then. The dayum thing is all cleaned up and shiney. If a bird craps on it enroute to the show .... it'll be part of the display. ;)

Bigdogjim
10-13-2006, 05:02 PM
What's up Jim??

You gonna let a silly wiper problem stop you?

"We don't need no stinkin' wipers!!"

Your right don't need 'em.

Down side is Ford got the car and call me Friday afternoon and told me they can not get parts till Monday? Took it apart already:rolleyes:

At this stage of the game just fix the :help: thing.

Joe Walsh
10-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Your right don't need 'em.

Down side is Ford got the car and call me Friday afternoon and told me they can not get parts till Monday? Took it apart already:rolleyes:

At this stage of the game just fix the :help: thing.

Sorry to hear that we won't see you tomorrow at the show...:(