PDA

View Full Version : Blower+Exhaust+Torque

studio460
05-26-2003, 03:51 PM
If you're getting a blower, you're supposed to reduce the exhaust backpressure as much as possible now, right?

I went and got the July 2003 issue of Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords. An article of special note is Richard Holdner's superbly written "Under Pressure" column on p.32. For those planning to install superchargers, he explains the case for first making the car run as well as it can, normally aspirated, which in turn allows you run with LOWER boost pressure, and still achieve the "maximum amount of airflow available from the supercharger." I'm interested in running as low a boost pressure as possible since I'm most concerned about taking any pre-emptive measures I can to prevent any potential for catastrophic engine failure.

So . . . assuming a blower install, the most free flowing exhaust is now desirable, yes? And the concerns regarding free flowing exhaust reducing low-end torque are now gone with a supercharger in place, yes?

Thanks for all your help.

SergntMac
05-26-2003, 04:24 PM
Yep...You're on track NBC, all you have to do now is buy my maxed out N/A MM already running 14.2, and go see Lidio.

looking97233
05-26-2003, 11:08 PM
NBC- correct.

Supercharge= Big exhaust.

tetsu
05-27-2003, 04:29 AM
I think with a blower you may not want all of Sarge's mods.

Probably all you'd need is blower, headers, high flow cats, cat-back exhaust. If you really wanted to go the next step then Ford FR500 heads which you might have professionally ported right off the bat. (Not entirely sure FR500s would require porting.)

Driveshaft loop would also be a must.