PDA

View Full Version : Representation

Bradley G
10-16-2006, 05:21 PM
How was the new administration formed?
Just curious why, no one representing the two largest and most influential groups on board, are part of the new regime?

DEFYANT
10-16-2006, 05:36 PM
This is a topic, I respectfully suggest, should be in the Members Area.

Bradley G
10-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Anyone feel like drop shipping this, to another forum?
This is a topic, I respectfully suggest, should be in the Members Area.

whoskal
10-16-2006, 05:53 PM
Either way I am interseted to see how this thread goes

DEFYANT
10-16-2006, 06:15 PM
It would seem that Bradley can not see this thread since he is not a contributing member. In this forum, you must be a contributing member to view the topics.

Just FYI to those who wonder where Bradley went.

whoskal
10-16-2006, 06:18 PM
It would seem that Bradley can not see this thread since he is not a contributing member. In this forum, you must be a contributing member to view the topics.

I know that but, how did his thead get in here in the first place:confused:

DEFYANT
10-16-2006, 06:25 PM
I know that but, how did his thead get in here in the first place:confused:

It started in Site Suggestions. I suggested it be move to the Members Area since this is likely a hot topic that is really the concern of those with a vested interest in theis site and its future.

ADMIN
10-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Just curious why, no one representing the two largest and most influential groups on board, are part of the new regime?

Simply answered.

\The lights were going to turned out and the nine people got together to make sure that it didn't happen. Nuff said

Breadfan
10-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Is anyone going to let Bradley know or do regular members not get this info?

DEFYANT
10-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Is anyone going to let Bradley know or do regular members not get this info?

I took care of it with PMs. :)

CRUZTAKER
10-16-2006, 08:50 PM
It would seem that Bradley can not see this thread since he is not a contributing member.......

Is anyone going to let Bradley know .....

Ouch!:D

:popcorn:

BruteForce
10-16-2006, 08:57 PM
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Or as my grandpa used to say "feller'd b&#*ch if you hung 'im with a new rope."

teamrope
10-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Or as my grandpa used to say "feller'd b&#*ch if you hung 'im with a new rope."

I like your grandpa. Smart guy. :)

SergntMac
10-17-2006, 04:03 AM
Just curious why, no one representing the two largest and most influential groups on board, are part of the new regime? I don't get the question, what kind of parameters do you set out, Bradley? "Largest group?" "Most Influential? Who is this?

Chicago is the second largest market for the Marauder, #2 in sales to Detroit, as I recall. I'm in Chicago, the midwest is represented in ownership.

Florida is the largest assembly of owners in one formal group, and Dennis Reinhart is also on-board as one of the owners. That group is represented. Again, Chicago is number #2, but the Windy City owners are not a formal/organized club such as the Sunshine State Marauders.

Influential? Or, vocal? I guess that would be, or, could be another informal loosely organized group, owners of a Trilogy supercharger kit. They too are represented, BunnyChick's Blackbird has a Trilogy kit on it. Represented, eh?

Geeze...If it's not covered here, I didn't get the question.

BTW, I didn't move anything, if someone else did, I don't know about that. I'm sure it was well meant, given the nature of the question. At any rate, the "Members Only" forum is for members only, that's Bradley's choice. No one will ever be forced into supporting this web site. If I gotta dig into my pocket again to keep the title and deed from going back to the previous owner, I will.

BTW#2, Logan's deadline for sale just passed, and y'all are still reading here...You're welcome.

SergntMac
10-17-2006, 06:39 AM
This is a topic, I respectfully suggest, should be in the Members Area.I though about this move on my drive to work, even spoke to a trusted friend via phone for advice. I am very disappointed with this move into privacy, it's not a good thing. You're either a very crafty thinker for getting an Admin to coopertate, or, you have a serious problem with "us vs. them" issues."

Before I was an owner, I was a supporting member, and for a very long time. The "Members Only" forum was created as a safe haven for those in need of a way to exchange 411 without the whole world watching. You can do the research and see how it's been used. It was never meant for secret discussions about other members, and there is no room in my life for that kind of crap. We also used it to trade 411 on dealing with trolls and spammers who couldn't see it. By and large, it see little use, because most discussions belong out in public where all members can participate. Excluding anyone, is just plain wrong.

Bradley asked a question, and it's either a stupid question, or, it leads to a serious discussion on a particular point. Either way, members involved in the discussion are free to participate in any manner they wish, but they are accountable for their conduct, and they will be disciplined.

When Logan was the landlord, he said "my house, my rules". The right to free speech does not extend into his private property, and he ruled along those lines. Get him pizzed, and you're gone. Besides, he's Canadian, with different twist on thing Constitutional. Guess what's changed with the transfer to new owners?

Not a damn thing. The property has been converted to a nine unit condo, and the condo has a goverining association, but the rules are the same. ït's our house, not your's, our way or the highway. Pizz us off and you're gone. You have no right of free speech, especially if that free speech is inflamatory or injurious to another member. If you can't act like a reasonable adult, take a walk, you're not welcome here.

I insist this forum be returned to where everyone can see it, supporting member or not. If it's a stupid question, or, a viable topic, the membership at large will decide. Hiding it from anyone automatically makes it a dirty, bad thing, and that was a crafty move.

Okay Im done, have at me folks.

By the way, I'm stopping at the grocery store after work today. I'll post my shopping list later, so y'all can approve or disapprove of what I spent my money on. It's your business, right?

It started in Site Suggestions. I suggested it be move to the Members Area since this is likely a hot topic that is really the concern of those with a vested interest in theis site and its future.Hot topic my azz...I don't give a damn who reads it, I have no secrets to hide from anyone. If someone wants to get their undies in a bunch over a private sale of virtual real estate by a group of friends with a common interest, have at it. Warning...Keep it civil, or you're gone.

prchrman
10-17-2006, 06:59 AM
Mac said,
By the way, I'm stopping at the grocery store after work today. I'll post my shopping list later, so y'all can approve or disapprove of what I spent my money on. It's your business, right?

Mac I do have a question...do they sell Moonpies in the windy city?

O's Fan Rich
10-17-2006, 07:12 AM
I don't really care how it came to pass, just glad it's still here... for now.
I would not have bought a share anyway... no time for that. I suppose if Logn had wanted to he could have put it on the forum and had a poll and gotten commitmenets or just put it on EBAY. It was his to do with as he pleased.

BTW... I had a Subway Terriaki Chicken on Honey wheat for lunch yesterday!

Haggis
10-17-2006, 07:36 AM
Mac, can you pick me up a half gallon of milk, a box of Wheaties, (2) 2 liter Pepsi, a loaf of Wheat bread and 1lb of yellow American cheese from the deli section.

Thanx.

Hotrauder
10-17-2006, 07:39 AM
No questions, no problems and no interest in shopping lists or lunches, tho I get the point. Nothing but gratitude here as this is a lot more to me than virtual real estate. As a retired old fart with more time than brain cells this site is home. A home full of wise uncles, fun kids and eager folks with similar interests and bundles of encouragement, understanding and compassion. I would like to see everyone flying flags in support of perpetuity. I like to think that someone will be driving, loving and want to know all about my Marauder after I am long gone. Dennis:)

DEFYANT
10-17-2006, 08:26 AM
Mac,

A long winded :blah: response from me is not in order. You have the buttons so that makes you A boss. Point made.

You know where I stand, we discussed it in detail on the now offline web site. There is no need for me to comment further.

EDIT: Good talking with you :)

Agent M79
10-17-2006, 01:07 PM
Part 1

I don't think this is a 'hot topic' question destined for an infamous mm.net thread devolvement ala oil & supercharger threads of yore.

I am interested. The Reader's Digest version of "Logan was gonna close down, we bought it, case closed" may be all most of us will ever know and what are any of us going do about it?

I am interested in the history of the site cause I like coming here and am as interested in the car as I am this site and it's backstory.

So yeah, it would be neat to know specifics. How did Logan tell it? Who heard it? How did the 9 people that are the 9 people that bought become those 9 people that bought it? Why not 7? Or 11? 23?

The knowledge is not demanded or meant to be an affront to the owners. I, speaking only for me, am simply curious.

Part 2

This place is owned, like a bar. The owner decides who stay and goes. The owner decides if it's darts night or skeeball night. Tough on ya. The owner even gets to decide to whom and how he sells the bar.

Oh well. You can lament the lack of opportunity to buy in yourself or on behalf of others but there is nothing democratic about the process.

I guess I don't see how this part of the question is provocative either. Stick it out there and see what happens when the sun hits it. Maybe there is something I won't see until it glints in my eye.

HwyCruiser
10-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Here's another vote of support for the new owners. Looks like the lights went out on the other site. If that happened here the withdrawal symptoms (cold sweats, blurred vision, irritability, etc.) would have me curled up in the corner by now.

Thank you for stepping up to the plate, and thanks for fixing the reviews section.

Bluerauder
10-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Either way, members involved in the discussion are free to participate in any manner they wish, but they are accountable for their conduct, and they will be disciplined.
No need for the rant or the attitude expressed in spades here. We understand the rules. Always have.

I also appreciate the new owners for stepping forward and making an investment to keep the site alive.

FWIW, I don't believe that there was any sinister intent in Defyant's request and your assumptions and accusations in that regard are way off base IMHO.

Dr Caleb
10-17-2006, 03:44 PM
FWIW, I don't believe that there was any sinister intent in Defyant's request . .

I agree (but I don't percieve 'attitude').

I'm curious, because to me it was right out of the blue. Suddenly Logan was outta here, and the current administration was in charge. I have to admit, I don't always read all the threads, so I'm wondering if I missed anything. I have to assume he didn't 'tender bids' but put out the feelers for whom he thought would keep the faith.

What's done is done. Logans sandbox, or someone elses, the rules and the 'faces' haven't changed. I'm just interested in how this new chapter began, from a historical persepctive.

bigslim
10-17-2006, 04:17 PM
I guess some folks know the truth. Most will never know how this happen. I guess we just continue to do what we do best and that is talk about our cars.;)

Cobra25
10-17-2006, 04:50 PM
Just be thankful that 9 members stepped up to the plate and purchased the site . Because if they didn't we wouldn't be posting here anymore. They took their hard earned money and put it on the line so everyone could enjoy this wonderful site. To them I say Thank You . In the future ,if you can ,don't forget to Contribute a Donation so the expencise of this site can be paid and so they can get their money back . You are a very lucky group of people.

duhtroll
10-17-2006, 04:51 PM
I didn't see anything wrong with Bradley's question either or subsequent ones - seems he was just curious and it looks like he gives a damn. No problems there.

I don't care who is running things as long as it's being run. A Yahoo group wouldn't be the same, but either someone foots the bill or that's where we are, so I'm happy it works somehow.

EDIT: If this is in the "paid only" section I wonder how I'm reading and posting it. WOOHOO! Free post!

Bradley G
10-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Must have hit a cord here.

CRUZTAKER
10-17-2006, 06:24 PM
So yeah, it would be neat to know specifics.
So would I.:P

Oh well. You can lament the lack of opportunity to buy in yourself or on behalf of others but there is nothing democratic about the process.

:bows: Hell yeah!!!
I have had at minimum 5 posts deleted in the last week.
Apparently not much has changed.:D

I didn't see anything wrong with Bradley's question either or subsequent ones ....

Brad's question was good.
But his wordage was unthought and an invitation for disruption.

Must have hit a cord here.

Brad, I wasn't going to reply until you could see the thread for yourself again. There was only one of two ways that was gonna happen....

I actually have a neat part of the story I am willing to tell.
My story.
I can't speak for the others, nor will I.
But I'm not posting in this forum.

I am a member first and foremost.
I'll post it in the MEMBERS area.
Hope to see you there.;)

Thank you.
And,

BOOYA

jabird56
10-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Here's another vote of support for the new owners. Looks like the lights went out on the other site. If that happened here the withdrawal symptoms (cold sweats, blurred vision, irritability, etc.) would have me curled up in the corner by now.

Thank you for stepping up to the plate, and thanks for fixing the reviews section.

I'm assuming you are referring to the KC-Mustang site that doesn't seem to be there anymore.....

kj31067
10-18-2006, 07:05 AM
I agree (but I don't percieve 'attitude').

I'm curious, because to me it was right out of the blue. Suddenly Logan was outta here, and the current administration was in charge. I have to admit, I don't always read all the threads, so I'm wondering if I missed anything. I have to assume he didn't 'tender bids' but put out the feelers for whom he thought would keep the faith.

What's done is done. Logans sandbox, or someone elses, the rules and the 'faces' haven't changed. I'm just interested in how this new chapter began, from a historical persepctive.

so am i.... i dont think a light overview of the transfer of ownership is a bad idea . i also think that asking is not trying to instigate anything.. especially for those who contribute financially.
it s my opinion that if donations are encouraged and taken, then i would think members are entitled to a little more than the reponse mac gave........just my .02

DEFYANT
10-18-2006, 07:22 AM
From "So long and thanks for the fish thread":

But just as I must change my shorts every now and again, time has finally come to face the music.

With much thought and consideration, I have decided to refocus my precious free time on my family. I have been running forum sites and servers for 6 years on the side, and now I'm done. This site and the others I run have gone from a hobby to an obligation and one that I can't do justice to with my personal and professional obligations.

I had two choices....I could just turn off the lights (Which personally, I thought would be hilarious, but Mary said it'd be a bad idea... :) ), or I could find someone to take over all the financial and managerial obligations of the website. I am very pleased to announce that the website has been sold and is now in the very capable hands of our very own Bunny Lady, aka MM03MOK.

Mary's presence on the Board has been a mainstay since I asked her to take on the task of moderator and administrator over two years ago. I think there will be little objection to the fact that Mary has managed this Board well and has become a great source of information about both the car and the Board.

Mary has partnered with several Members to take over the financial and managerial responsibilities of the Board. BigDogJim, Cruztaker, Dennis Reinhart, MercMan, Mike Poore, MM2004, RF Overlord and SergntMac are partners in the new management team with Mary.

These partners see a bright future for the Board. MM.Net remains the best source on and off the Web for information about the Marauder. "By creating a team approach to the Board, we're able to afford more attention and quicker feedback as needed. We look forward to exploring new options for the Board. We continue to need the financial support of the Membership to make sure we can keep the lights on. We also look forward to the opportunities to give back to the Membership in ways that support local, regional and national Meets," said Mary.

Thank you all for your generous contributions over the years that have helped maintain this valuable resource.

I hope you continue your generousity as Mary and her team chart new courses for MM.Net.

Logan out.

Agent M79
10-18-2006, 07:23 AM
...then i would think members are entitled to a little more than the reponse mac gave........just my .02

Nuh uh. You are not 'entitled', you are not 'owed', and you have no 'right'. You give to this site knowing what it is. You give free of any stipulation, entitlement, or increased access (beyond the 'members only area'). You get the disticntion of being a contributor with the finish flag thing. That's it.

The information being requested can't be demanded or required to be given. We can only speculate as to why it isn't and simply remain curious about the genesis of the purchase. We are owed nothing.

kj31067
10-18-2006, 08:05 AM
Nuh uh. You are not 'entitled', you are not 'owed', and you have no 'right'. You give to this site knowing what it is. You give free of any stipulation, entitlement, or increased access (beyond the 'members only area'). You get the disticntion of being a contributor with the finish flag thing. That's it.

The information being requested can't be demanded or required to be given. We can only speculate as to why it isn't and simply remain curious about the genesis of the purchase. We are owed nothing.

you are correct....but would it be such a literary hardship for one of the nine to type up a brief overview of what went down? everyone here is grateful they did step up . that has been established.. but i am sure there are more than a couple of people
who were curious about the details on the sale of the site.
i dont think anyone is trying to stir poop. i think it was a valid question that was met with a full court press right from the opening whistle....so much for diplomatic responses if they dont want that info shared for whatever reason............

Agent M79
10-18-2006, 08:52 AM
you are correct....

I like you.

....but would it be such a literary hardship for one of the nine to type up a brief overview of what went down?

I don't think so. Each of them has demonstrated anywhere from a rudimentary typing cabability all the way through amazing displays of story-telling prowess. I don't think the ability escapes them, just the willingness.

everyone here is grateful they did step up.

I have yet to see a dissenting opinion on this. I hope it is universally true. It is for me.

but i am sure there are more than a couple of people
who were curious about the details on the sale of the site.

Yes.

i dont think anyone is trying to stir poop.

We've seen some poop stirring for lesser threads. This is one of those points we can only speculate on.

so much for diplomatic responses if they dont want that info shared for whatever reason............

I can't assign reasoning to the response, only my take on it, and my take is of no value here.

I am just curious. My enjoyment of the site and it's people, including the owners, will not be impacted if I don't know. I'm glad it's still here.

you are correct....

I know you didn't say it twice, but I like reading it.

CRUZTAKER
10-18-2006, 07:21 PM
Each of them has demonstrated anywhere from a rudimentary typing cabability all the way through amazing displays of story-telling prowess.

:lol:

You are correct? :P

Agent M79
10-18-2006, 08:13 PM
:lol:

You are correct? :P

I have a cold...?