PDA

View Full Version : Swirls solved!!

Paul T. Casey
05-27-2003, 05:24 AM
Due to the lateness of my Friday night, instead of going to Atl. for breakfast on Sat., I cured my paint swirl mark woes instead. I bought a can of that Turtle Wax Color Cure Polish, and man did it work wonders!! A conservative estimate is that 95% of those annoying swirl marks in the clearcoat are now gone! I applied it pretty heavy, About an inch wide by 3 inch long "pour" on a wax pad per panel, and put it on in a straight motion instead of rubbing circles. The car looks great in full sunlight now, and the black appears deeper. It looks better than the day I bought it. Now if only I could figure out a way to bill the dealer for making the car look the way it's supposed to. I figure that the dealers are putting these swirls in the paint when they take delivery. The detail guys are probably using dirty pads when they buff the cars out prior to hitting the showroom floor. At any rate, I would recomend this to all. Just be sure to wear loose fitting, old paints as the job is messy, but when you see how good it works, you'll be glad for the extra room in your trousers.

TAF
05-27-2003, 05:31 AM
Paul,

We wondered were you were...glad you used the time wisely.

RF Overlord
05-27-2003, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Paul T. Casey
you'll be glad for the extra room in your trousers.

For the record, there is NO extra room in my trousers...

tetsu
05-27-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
For the record, there is NO extra room in my trousers...

TMFI!!!! :lol:

MapleLeafMerc
01-23-2004, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the advice, Paul.

There are a zillion waxes and finishes out there, too many to believe they all work!

Lowell
01-24-2004, 04:34 AM
I have also had good results with the black wax.

MMdriver03
01-24-2004, 06:46 AM
Thank you for the tip...My car looks like shet in the sun.

Mark McQuaide
01-24-2004, 07:53 AM
I applied it pretty heavy, About an inch wide by 3 inch long "pour" on a wax pad per panel, and put it on in a straight motion instead of rubbing circles.

Paul, how did you buff out all that wax?