PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Flow Cats

fastblackmerc
10-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Anyone have any experience good or bad with PowerCAT or Pypes hi-flow catalytic convertors?

TAF
10-18-2006, 11:44 AM
In my opinion...there is not a better aftermarket, universal Catalytic Converter made than the Magnaflow/Carsound brand. It's the only brand I'll carry.

You have to keep in mind what makes up a catalytic converter. Structured high-quality ceramic bricks (and now the new metal substraights)impregnated with palladium, platinum, and rhodium, etc. There are "cheaper cats" on the market place...you know how they make them cheaper? They don't use quality internal components, the connection to the stainless shell is "spotty" instead of seamless, and most important...they don't use the amount/quality of these precious minerals that the Magnaflow/Carsound cats use...rendering their lifespan limited.

Just my opinion.

fastblackmerc
10-18-2006, 12:06 PM
In my opinion...there is not a better aftermarket, universal Catalytic Converter made than the Magnaflow/Carsound brand. It's the only brand I'll carry.

You have to keep in mind what makes up a catalytic converter. Structured high-quality ceramic bricks (and now the new metal substraights)impregnated with palladium, platinum, and rhodium, etc. There are "cheaper cats" on the market place...you know how they make them cheaper? They don't use quality internal components, the connection to the stainless shell is "spotty" instead of seamless, and most important...they don't use the amount/quality of these precious minerals that the Magnaflow/Carsound cats use...rendering their lifespan limited.

Just my opinion.

Good info... we need to talk about the exhaust system for my MM.. Marauderman said you were the best.

Marauder_Santa
10-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Bestest muffler shop in the land.

Bigdough
10-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Those Pypes minicats look cool.

But I can get a set of Magnaflow cats for the same price.

Paul T. Casey
10-20-2006, 07:20 AM
Magnaflows, period.

Marauderjack
10-22-2006, 04:13 PM
Ditto.....:beer: :bows: ;)

chucky
10-22-2006, 04:34 PM
whats it cost installed

fastblackmerc
10-22-2006, 04:37 PM
whats it cost installed
The MM's has 4 cats. At a minimum your looking at getting the "H" pipe replaced. I'm looking to get my extire exhaust system replaced from the engine back to the stock tailpipes. I should be at the dragstrip this comming weekend to talk some business with TAF.