PDA

View Full Version : Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow

crouse
10-19-2006, 06:28 AM
A friend of mine has a new set of Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow mufflers that he will give me for free. I have the stock Megs tips. I'm worried that these will be too loud and have the drone at highway speed. Anyone have these Delta Flow mufflers (not the Standard 40's or Super 40's) with the stock tips that could give me some feedback?

Thanks,
Curt

RR|Suki
10-19-2006, 07:47 AM
A friend of mine has a new set of Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow mufflers that he will give me for free. I have the stock Megs tips. I'm worried that these will be too loud and have the drone at highway speed. Anyone have these Delta Flow mufflers (not the Standard 40's or Super 40's) with the stock tips that could give me some feedback?

Thanks,
Curt

Loud is a relative term my man, some people think my car is rediculously lound, and I want it louder... I would say find a mustang with flowmasters only and it'll be close to that.

bigslim
10-19-2006, 08:53 AM
I have the Delta's and Delete tips. There is some drone at certain rpm's but nothing that would make me take them out. I have had a couple people ask what I had so they could do the same.

crouse
10-19-2006, 09:09 AM
Hi BigSlim,

Do you think with the stock tips they would be a little quieter?

Curt

mercmatt
10-19-2006, 09:41 AM
i have the flowmaster 40 series wich is supposed to be the loudest of them and i have delete tips and i still want them to be louder. there is a slight drone around 2000rpm especially when there cold

ctrlraven
10-19-2006, 09:44 AM
The flowmasters will you give that deep mellow sound and roar when you hit the gas. To help cut down on the drone, have the muffler shop extend your res (oem) tips out by an inch that is one small thing that can really help because the exhaust sound vibrations will be exiting from outside of the car and not from somewhat underneth/behind the rear bumper.

Here is a vid I did. I have flowmaster super 40's with cvpi rear tail pipes and res delete tips extended out abotu 1.2" past the bumper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd4cElbFXqM

Drone isn't bad at cruising speeds like 60-65mph with light accel but if I give it some gas or let off the gas completely you can hear it and makes me grin ear to ear lol.

RedMerc04
10-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Ive got the Deltas and Delete tips. I like the sound but after you drive with them for awhile the car seems quiet. If you have a tune that leaves the converter unlocked (i have lidio's) you can adjust sound through where you keep the rpms. Mine drone around 1900-2300 rpms nothing annoying though. On the highway they are drone free as long as the converter is locked, However, they do burble abit. Its a nice setup. I also have my tips extended 2" passed the bumper.

bigslim
10-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Hi BigSlim,

Do you think with the stock tips they would be a little quieter?

Curt
We tried it with the stock tips first and then we put the delete tips on. I stayed with the delete tips. BTW, my exhaust got a little louder with more miles.